Recipe for BWB malty toffee and malty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I have created my own version of Malty which is pretty darn close. I mix ethyl maltol crystals with PG and use it for flavoring with the final mix being 70/30 VG/PG. I'm sure you could just use Cotton Candy if you don't have the crystals. The first time I opened my bottle of crystals, I recognized the smell as that of Malty because it was one of my favorite vapes. I haven't found the toffee flavor used in Don's brew but I'm quite sure the same mix of EM is used in combination with the toffee flavor.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Ya know ,i dont know why i didnt put it together that em smells like mt . I just smelled the em and it smells exactly like it . I tried mixing some up 6% em 8% toffee and 2% malt milk and it doesnt hve much flavor . Im gonna let it sit though as it looks like the crystal are seperating from the em . Didnt have much time today to play with it .

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I mixed mine at 10% and seems pretty close. It's such a mild flavor that I'm sure you could go higher but one of the tricks is to mix it at 70% VG, which produces the massive plumes that mt is known for. Yeah, once you've ever experienced malty, there's no denying that the flavor is derived from EM. I love it and it's a perfect palate cleanser when your buds are screaming for mercy from taste testing for hours on end.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Thanks Lynda ! I tried the EM at 10% with 1% TPA caramel candy and omg its just like malty .Same exact taste .It may be just a hair less flavor than malty but its too close to complain .It may get spot on when it steeps . Its so close though that i wont need to buy it anymore . My malty toffee is not the same as BWB's though . That still needs work .If i go down to like 2% on the toffee it should be great .

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Can I use TPA Cotton Candy or is that something different?

I'm pretty sure that would work because the Cotton Candy is said to be 10% EM suspended in PG. I mixed my own with crystals because it was the smell of the crystals that cued my senses to recognize it as malty. I'm a big fan of malty and mt. BWB was my one and only vendor for well over a year and still would be if the economy hadn't bottomed out. I had to cut expenses every way possible and DIY was my only alternative to get a quality liquid without shelling out big bucks every month. I was more or less forced into making my own and naturally I would seek flavors that would get close to the juices I loved so much.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Bwb is tricky to mimic because I think he uses a tobacco base for most flavors. I have gotten close to malty toffee but its not the same.

Same here . I get close but no cigar . I dont think they have any tobacco base in MT though but theres something extra for sure to make up that thick sweet candy taste .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread