army and mall approve of ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

iori276

Jul 6, 2009
Aiken, SC
Well im in the army national guard and work for sprint in a mall kiosk. At both i am able to vape openly without regard. and believe me i do. ( for the army i work near fuel trucks so this is a GREAT benifit. always had to walk to the other side of the armory just to smoke now i can vape on the fuel truck. and it had gotten alot of approval from mall walkers to army buddies. Awesome sauce.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
  • Deleted by PTJD
  • Reason: Double post

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Well im in the army national guard and work for sprint in a mall kiosk. At both i am able to vape openly without regard. and believe me i do. ( for the army i work near fuel trucks so this is a GREAT benifit. always had to walk to the other side of the armory just to smoke now i can vape on the fuel truck. and it had gotten alot of approval from mall walkers to army buddies. Awesome sauce.
Hey, I see you are from Aiken. I absolutely love your town. My daughter went to school at USCA, and I loved visiting.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
so you can actually vape in the military?

Actually, the rate of smoking in the military has gone up due to OEF, etc., deployments. And the brass are not pleased.

Maybe some vendors out there could donate some starter kits to some troops who would like to try them out. Hey - young folks love tech stuff.

As a vet who understands the lure of nicotine when in the sandbox, I'd love to find ways to help these guys get off the cancer stick before they become hopelessly addicted, and end up like me - a 30-year smoker with all the unpleasant side effects that go along with it. I realize that there are logistical problems with charging batts in the field, etc., but at least they could vape back in the hooch.

These guys are coming home with addictions that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

How about it, vendors? Anybody willing to step up to the plate here? Even free shipping or free juice would be a start. Just a thought.

AmplexorJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Alabama, USA
  • Deleted by RIAFlight25
  • Reason: Spamming

iori276

Jul 6, 2009
Aiken, SC
oh yea i got quite a few fellow gi's interested. im waiting to know and figure out all i can and get a few flavors to better entice them. right now they were like me i just want to spearhead the learning curve for them to save my buds some money. taking one for the unit lol. like where to buy what flavors are good, what are fun to vape and what a vape all day and let them try.... though will need a few catridges... hate sharing.. seems nasty lol most are guys so hey what can i say

sunray73

Jul 31, 2009

I'm glad to see the Army is making the right choice about e-cigs. I can totally see old school Generals starting to smoke in their offices like they did in the past

The military installation commissaries are doing a deal with my company for desert camo and jungle camo versions of our e-cig...No LED and they requested a non visible vapor option (we're still working on it) as well as a regular cart. The carts will match the camo. Check them out on my profile. The samples just came a few weeks ago. So yeah I am prettty sure the US military approves of e-cigs.

They said that the ember of a cigarette can be seen from a couple hundred yards away, and the smoke can be smelled from a couple hundred yards as well.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC

The military installation commissaries are doing a deal with my company for desert camo and jungle camo versions of our e-cig...No LED and they requested a non visible vapor option (we're still working on it) as well as a regular cart. The carts will match the camo. Check them out on my profile. The samples just came a few weeks ago. So yeah I am prettty sure the US military approves of e-cigs.

They said that the ember of a cigarette can be seen from a couple hundred yards away, and the smoke can be smelled from a couple hundred yards as well.

Hmmm...this whole thread is a bit disturbing due to the possibility of it being a bit misleading. While I do not doubt iori's ability to vape at the National Guard unit, this in and of itself does not constitute military compliance with vaping....which makes the title of this thread rather misleading. The Army has not spoken out in favor nor against e-cig use.

As for Sebastian's post, while I have no facts....I find it very difficult to believe! For one thing, military commissaries deal in groceries. Why would they deal in electronic cigarettes? If any activity on a military installation would deal with this product, it would be AAFES (Army Airforce Exchange Service) or the NEX (Navy Exchange). Secondly, the camoflage patterns shown in your pics are not the current camoflage patterns, so I'm not sure where the link is(?). Third, the military HAS NOT approved of electronic cigarettes (nor have they disapproved them). However, if the military were to approve of them, they would most assuredly approve of them as a form of NRT. For that to happen, the e-cig industry would have to provide hard, factual, verifiable proof that these are indeed as safe as we all assume they are.....this being the major reason why the FDA can pursue it's current witch hunt against e-cigs. Fourth, no individual military installation controls what is sold on bases through the Commissary nor through AAFES/NEX....that is regulated by a central office which is commanded by a Lieutenant General (for AAFES...cannot speak for NEX). Finally, since no scientific studies are currently accepted by the government to state that e-cigs are safe, healthy(er), or just a simple nicotine delivery system, military commanders could very well view the e-cig as a drug delivery system. For this reason, I am not blatant in my vaping while in uniform. My command has a specific Commander's Policy Letter which specifies that no unapproved drug delivery systems nor unauthorized tobacco substitutes will be used by Soldiers of the command.

Not trying to throw stones....but as a career active duty Soldier with over 20 years, I find the need to bring people's disillusionment about the military back to a form of reality when the topic is misleading and not based on fact.

OK well then they haven't disapproved of them and they haven't said that they aren't allowing them, but they are aware they are going to be sold there in the near future. Have they officially said WE APPROVE E-CIGS...no, not to my knowledge. But the company that represents our company does sells alot of product to the military so I am pretty sure that the forthcoming deal is a solid one...and I'm sure the fact that a portion of proceeds of our camo versio goes to The Wounded Marine Program probably didn't hurt us.

The camo doesn't match because we tried and couldn't get it print correctly. This was the best we could do. It has been accepted as a good initial model.

You are incorrect about us having to deal with NEX or AAFES.

My fault. I should not have said anything. You can't go on this forum without someone discrediting you based on anything you say lol....and when you do prove them wrong they don't post a retraction anyways (yeah sorry happens ALL the time folks lol).

Last edited:
Agreed... Which is why we have a back up plan for the camo units for mass market distribution in retail outlets that sell hunting, fishing, and outdoor gear. My Dad is one of those whacky people that if you just slap camo on it....HE WANTS IT lol.

When in doubt, don't doubt ban...has become company policy for anything new we are doing in the US. We had, what the call center girls called, a G8 summit yesterday at our offices... India, Chile, Nepal, Ireland and England. It was quite a sight.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
OK well then they haven't disapproved of them and they haven't said that they aren't allowing them, but they are aware they are going to be sold there in the near future. Have they officially said WE APPROVE E-CIGS...no, not to my knowledge. But the company that represents our company does sells alot of product to the military so I am pretty sure that the forthcoming deal is a solid one...and I'm sure the fact that a portion of proceeds of our camo versio goes to The Wounded Marine Program probably didn't hurt us.

The camo doesn't match because we tried and couldn't get it print correctly. This was the best we could do. It has been accepted as a good initial model.

You are incorrect about us having to deal with NEX or AAFES.

My fault. I should not have said anything. You can't go on this forum without someone discrediting you based on anything you say lol....and when you do prove them wrong they don't post a retraction anyways (yeah sorry happens ALL the time folks lol).

Sebastian, my apologies if I came off rude...that was most certainly not my intent. Nor do I have any desire to discredit you or your company. It sounds like your company (or company's company) is working with the Navy...and I don't have very much experience with the Navy to speak in any type of authoritative manner.

Personally, I would be thrilled to see e-cigs receive approval by the military and sold on installations. I just find the concept very hard to swallow from the red-tape bureaucracy that I have witnessed during my time in the Army. Plus, the FDA's current stance on e-cigs as well as all of the anti-smoking activist groups' activities and statements have been very effective in demonizing e-cigs to the point that I just cannot see the military officially accepting these as an alternative to analogs.

I've actually wondered what it would take to get approval to sell these in a kiosk-type mode on base....mebbe I will have to make some inquiries with AAFES on base. I've also wondered what it would take to get the military to accept these as a NRT (Lord knows I've got boxes and boxes of patches and bottles of wellbutrin that they keep throwing at me). But that last idea is a road that would be difficult to travel without medical acceptance (and scientific data/proof) that these are a acceptable smoking cessation product. (and yes...I just went there....but while we cannot officially state smoking cessation....that is, nonetheless what these e-cigs are to us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread