Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Mrs Schippers, the Minister of Health, announced yesterday that the sale and import of electronic cigarettes is banned from today. E-cigarettes will require a pharma license.

Very bad news for the Dutch, and a decision that will lead to the loss of thousands of lives. The Dutch pharmaceutical industry will be very happy now that their income is protected.

Holland can now prepare for a large black market, the loss of income to the state from retail sales of e-cigarettes, the loss of jobs from retailers, the money going into the hands of smugglers, thousands of smokers dying unnecessarily, and the state bearing the cost of treating their illnesses. All to save the pharma industry shareholders a few bucks.

Google Translate, the letter of notification:
http://translate.google.com/transla...amerbrief-status-elektronische-sigaret[1].pdf

Last edited:

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Many people email me when things happen, maybe because I wear two hats: ECF Manager and also Secretary of the UK consumer association, ECCA UK. I have various Google alerts set up, and Facebook notifications.

To get probably the best overview of world legal status by country, go to Kate's Vapers Network:

Legal Trends | Vapers Network

Lots of stuff turns up on CASAA's FB page as well. Most things of note will end up here, anyway, in the Legislation or General news forums.

Last edited:

Sophora

Nov 7, 2011
Netherlands
Looks as if all retail and web sales are banned (but only of nicotine-containing products). E-cigs with zero-nic seem to be permitted. At first glance then, this looks like a Canada situation.

Actually, it's worse. The wording in the letter suggests that the finished product is banned from sales without license. The finished product
being the esig itself (combination of hardware + liquid), there's no mention of just nic-containing liquids.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
That is very sad, don't the people that make these laws give them any thought before hand ?

All politicians, no matter of national origin are corrupt money grubbing .......s who do not think of anything more than lining their own pockets.

Gee, pot is decriminalized. Prostitution is legal. ...... is decriminalized..... but PVs are illegal? Am I missing something here?

jtpjc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
I'm extremely ...... off by this. The stupidity and hypocricy of our rulemakers is mindblowing. Mrs Schippers states that nicotine is a pharmaceutical product since it is capable of influencing the state of the human body. According to this logic so is a cheese sandwich (cures hunger), but for some reason those don't need te be regulated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread