How to sweeten up e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
Hello all! First post, but have been lurking for a few months now :2cool:. I have found that I really love the juice from Copper Creek, but I got too high nic in some, and wanted to know if there was a way to smooth it out so I don't waste the bottles (30ml). Talking about VooDoo in particular. I can do it for a little while, but the throat gets sore pretty quick.

Also, I got the coffee sampler from there as well, and another cappucino from another vendor. I am a hardcore cream and sugar kind of guy, and was wondering if there is a way to sweeten these flavors (again so I'm not wasting juice).

Thanks!

jlinko

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi jlinko and welcome to ECF. You can dilute the juice with Pg and/ or VG BUT realize it will also dilute the flavor. I would suggest you find out what the right nic level is and then buy some lower nic juice in the same flavor and mix the 2. For example:
if you're vaping 24 mg and it's too strong you could always buy some 18, mix it 50/ 50 and have 21 mg
if you're vaping 24 mg and it's too strong you could buy some 12 mg nic, mix it 50/ 50 and have 18 mg
To sweeten flavors you can purchase Ethyl Maltol and add it to your juices.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you like a liquid, but it's too strong, try ordering some at a lower nic level and then just mixing it together.

To sweeten something, some people will use a bit of ethyl maltol, but you might prefer to try Perfumers Apprentice - Bavarian Cream Flavor or Perfumers Apprentice - French Vanilla Flavor

Add a couple percent or one of the above, shake, and vape. Maybe 3 - 5% (0.9 - 1.5ml added to 30 ml) will be fine. It's better to go slow, try, then add just a little more if it's not quite what you want.

Use a little oral syringe from a pharmacy if you want precision, otherwise a rule of thumb is about 25 drops equals one ml.

(There are other sources for vanilla/sweetener -- TPA is a pretty popular source for do-it-yourself people.)

Good luck!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Also, I got the coffee sampler from there as well, and another cappucino from another vendor. I am a hardcore cream and sugar kind of guy, and was wondering if there is a way to sweeten these flavors (again so I'm not wasting juice).

If you like Very Sweet, you might pick up a Bottle of Sucralose. It is much Sweeter than most Sweeteners. You can buy it at places that sell DIY stuff.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Most of the people here have answered your questions. I got my sweetener from TPA. Whoever your vendor is, you only need a small amount. A 3ml bottle will go a long way! My rule of thumb is about 1-2 drops for every 10ml. I've also found that after adding my drops, the juice becomes sweeter over time, so less is more. I've heard of people ruining juices by adding too much sweetener so be careful with that stuff.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's what I got along with some bottles and the Ultimate Vanilla that was on special!

Good Deal.

You should also try TV's Tasty Finger. It is my Day to Day e-Liquid and Blends well with other Flavors.

The Ultimate Vanilla is good. A tad strong right when you get it but it tends to tone down after a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread