Ego T silica rope wick supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

symorebutts

Jul 27, 2010
East Coast
Has anyone started to put together a list of known silica rope wick vendors and details on what exactly to order?
I need to do some re-wicking and if there a thread I am missing, would love to see it.

I'd really like to find a vendor locally but will to order online too.

Currently, I know someone suggested this.(below)... but a little clueless on best size and etc to get.
McMaster-Carr

Are there others suppliers out there that folks are using?

Really wish I could just buy a bunch of wicks by themselves.. Some tell ego to start selling them! ;)

Thanks

steve in sc

Oct 16, 2011
SC
I ordered the 3/8" square braid from McMaster Carr and got three feet of it to make sure I never run out. I've modified both my atty's and they both perform perfectly! I get tons of vapor and flavor now and am quite happy with the eGoT system. I followed Simple CJ's method to modify the wick and have had no problems. I couldn't find the specific tea bags he mentioned but found some that were similar. They work fine.

Best of luck with your modifications!

vape On!
steve in sc

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
if you go to a home supply store you can go to where they sell the wood stoves, and ask them for a gasket for a wood stove, they are made out of fiber glass silica, and for about 7.25 you will get enough silica wick to redo your wicking for about ten thousand years, ha ha anyway thats what i did and it works great:evil:

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Currently, I know someone suggested this.(below)... but a little clueless on best size and etc to get.
McMaster-Carr

I got 1 foot of the 3/8 inch braided (8828K72). Shipping cost more than the product for a total of about $6 I think.
Once you get it simply unbraid what you need and make a wick

Note: edit, silica part number

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yeah I just got my rope and made a wick today and it's working great....
I was using the zippo wick and this rope is way better...

I just hate the labor park, I would rather just buy them from a supplier..

Thanks

IF you do not like the fuss and still use the eg-t try the ego-c cone and atty, you get 5 atty's for 25-30 bucks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread