Great for three hours then stopped working. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 22, 2008
Hi I am new to this. Please bear with me. I bought one called Mini Cigarette. I started to use it and loved it! I could not believe how good it was! And believe me, I was sceptical. But after about five or six 'cigarettes worth' it seemed to stop working. Oh, I thought, so the cartridges dont last nearly as long as they say ...' It was giving off less and less 'smoke' and getting harder to feel anything. However this carried on even with a new cartridge. Yes the battery was charged. No I did not have my finger over the hole. Now no smoke comes at all, even with no cartridge just the mouthpiece. (they supplied an empty one as well as the cartridges. I presume the atomiser is broken. Is this normal after such short use? Could I have done something wrong? I was SO happy at how good it was and really think I can stick to it, so you can understand why I am dissappointed. Obviously, I am scared to buy another in case it happens again. Also, is the typical description of a cartridge lasting about the same as a pack of twenty accurate? I was even counting fifteen puffs per go to try and make the check accurate. Did I buy a notoriously bad model, and is it better to pay more for a different one? I live in England and bought online for twenty pounds. Thanks for your help. Email me if you like

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
no,they dont last 20 cigs worth-thats crap...what you got is about right.

if your batteries are charged and you have a new cartridge in,then it could be your atomiser is faulty...unless your batteries have both died...

is your atomiser producing any heat,or is it cold?
if its cold,its dead...this can happen at any time-which is why its important to keep spares...

best thing to do is contact your supplier,tell them the problem,and theyll send you a new one.

Hi I am new to this. Please bear with me. I bought one called Mini Cigarette. I started to use it and loved it! I could not believe how good it was! And believe me, I was sceptical. But after about five or six 'cigarettes worth' it seemed to stop working. Oh, I thought, so the cartridges dont last nearly as long as they say ...' It was giving off less and less 'smoke' and getting harder to feel anything. However this carried on even with a new cartridge. Yes the battery was charged. No I did not have my finger over the hole. Now no smoke comes at all, even with no cartridge just the mouthpiece. (they supplied an empty one as well as the cartridges. I presume the atomiser is broken. Is this normal after such short use? Could I have done something wrong? I was SO happy at how good it was and really think I can stick to it, so you can understand why I am dissappointed. Obviously, I am scared to buy another in case it happens again. Also, is the typical description of a cartridge lasting about the same as a pack of twenty accurate? I was even counting fifteen puffs per go to try and make the check accurate. Did I buy a notoriously bad model, and is it better to pay more for a different one? I live in England and bought online for twenty pounds. Thanks for your help. Email me if you like

Dalek

Oct 22, 2008
Okay, so they all lie about length of cartridge, I have to live with that. I smoke twenty to twenty five so maybe I will need four cartridges a day. Buying in bulk could save me a lot still I suppose. But none of the sales sites said that atomisers need all this replacing. Bearing this in mind, can I expect to save that much money? I was paying around two pound fifty on roll-up tobacco each day. How long should atomisers last and how much does a replacement cost? I do love the concept of e smoking and was perfectly happy with it when I tried it today. This forum is all great stuff with great helpful advice. But I did not know it would be this complicated!! Does anywhere sell a pack that contains an atomiser plus the corresponding amount of cartridges? Is that a good idea? Some sell this liquid which maybe works out cheaper, but many on this forum suggests that damages atomisers even quicker!! I am not concerned about differewnt flavours, etc, I just want to stop smoking. What does anyone think is best for me? Thanks so much

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I think you said in your original post that you got a mini for about £20, that sounds like the Java Electronics DSE901 deal with one battery. The 901 is one of the best ecigs but to replace a smoking habit you will need at least two atomisers and three batteries. A complete extra kit is probably the cheapest thing to get and then you get an extra charger and cartridges too. Eliquid is cheaper than cartridges and doesn't have to be dripped straight into the atomiser, you can top up your cartridges to make them last longer.

Have a look at these sellers, they are very good, both sell 901 mini spares and eliquid -

E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store

The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP -

Did you find out what was up with your atomiser, is it cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread