Not open for further replies.

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
THE ELITE 808

ELITE LOGO.jpg

Introduction When I first started out vaping it was on a white standard analog style 2 piece KR808D-1 that I picked up from a local vendor in my hometown that offered prefilled cartomizers. It was easy to use and I did not have to fiddle around with dripping into an atomizer so life was good! At the time I could not even imagine the idea of using any e-cig that did not have a little orange light on the end as I just wanted to totally duplicate the smoking process with something that looked just like an analog.

The battery was considered a mini and boasted 180mAh of power. I ended up purchasing two more of them as it seemed they would last me maybe a little more than an hour of vaping at best and I needed backups while my depleted battery was recharging. My next purchase was another KR808D-1 Kit that I picked up from a vendor online. The 808 kit came with two black batteries with a blue LED on the end and it boasted a 280mAh battery which lasted longer in between charges than my original mini -808.

Then, I took the plunge and decided to try a manual 808 battery because, I had heard that they actually put out more bang for the buck! Wow, what a big difference! At least I was now getting some better TH and not having to work for it with several primer puffs that I had been accustomed to with the auto 808’s

At this point the next step up would have been the Extra long KR808D-1 battery that to me seemed a little too Katherine Hepburn “Breakfast at Tiffany’s look for a guy like me to be sporting around town with my colleagues on a night out …or any other public event for that matter. The longer battery life was tempting though I just could not bring myself to holding such long E-cig in my hand and be taken seriously amongst my peers. :blush:

"DonDaBoomVape" inspired me to dive right into the wonderful world of “fat batt’s” a term that he actually coined himself and has now become the best description of an e-cig battery that is not quite an analog (cigarette looking) device and not really a mod?

Props to Don's brilliant E-cig guide seen here - http://vapingguides.com/blog/

It was his review of The Elegant Easy 750mAh 808 fat batt that solidified that I must have one of these things! After all it was to me more manly looking, and I wanted to be out and look like a manly man when I was out vaping in public with something that somewhat resembled a mini cigar.

It was no longer important for me to have to have a little light on the end of the e-cig or for it to even look like a real cigarette anymore…..I just wanted the power, the long battery life and damned if I was going to hold a skinny long electronic cigarette in my hand regardless of how much mAh it boasted!

The Elegant Easy 750mAh was the first KR808D-1 on the market it was soon followed by the Defender and then the Vgo’s with 901 and 808 threading all sporting longer battery life and was bigger! I graduated to the XXL Elegant Easy at 1300mAh and thought it just can’t get better than this….or can it?

Oh yeah! Soon, I had the big bat 510 Ego systems, mods of all shapes and sizes, 5volt passthrough’s and then The Go-go!!!

I became the Go-go’s biggest fan! To this day I still love the Go-go and have a huge collection of them that I worship!

The problem was and still is…not everyone loves my enthusiasm for the Go-go as much as I do. Particularly, anyone that just does not feel comfortable with a huge fat batt in the hands all the time. It is proprietary so that turns a lot of people off especially any diehard 510 or 808 users that have a surplus of carts that won’t fit the Go-go unless they buy an adapter?

I also love the Boge Leo and their amazing 4ml large capacity cartomizers almost as much as I love the Go-go! I just love all kinds of PV’s!!!

I get to test out all the cool stuff either before it hits the market or even if it never makes it to prime time. I now have the great privilege of being a beta tester and consultant for the newest gear that much of the time is still in the developmental stages.

I have a pretty impressive collection of prototypes that I shall forever treasure that I have got to be the first to test out and in some cases nowhere near to being mass produced anytime soon.

Yeah, I love my work. Wait a minute…work? :rolleyes:This is not my chosen occupation…actually this is like playtime because; I do this stuff during my downtime from my real job.

Ok, back to the topic of discussion……

The KR808D-1 has definitely evolved!

The Elite appears to have set a new standard in the world of KR808D-1 batteries that is not at all a fat batt and not quite the cookie cutter analog style 808 batteries.

When Frank first told me about his vision for what might have been the Elegant II or 2.0? I was envisioning something bigger….because bigger is better right?

Not so true in the big picture of e-cig the majority of e-cig users do not think quite like me.

Frank was sent a few prototypes of what would ultimately become the “Elite 808” I had the opportunity to play with one of the first ones made. I was not all that impressed. It had a 350mAh battery and it just looked kind of dainty to me. Why would anyone want anything that does not have a battery life that lasts for days I argued? What’s the point? How about something with variable voltage and sports a 5ml mega duel horizontal coil atomizer inside a cart and has 808 threading? Now that would be cool! I’m not ever going to want to go backwards to a shorter battery life just because it looks really cool.

Finally, we agree on one thing…if we can just have a few things tweaked from the engineer’s original design and it works the way we would like then "yeah, I think that I would definitely dig taking this thing out in public and showing it off as well considering talking about it online".

If, I do not think a product is worth talking about I am not going to waste my time going to any great lengths to write a review about it.

Three months later from basic design prototype to actual finished product I must say that I am more than enthused about this 808!

I wanted to really put the Elite to the test for at least two weeks of heavy usage before I could really put my thoughts in writing.

As with anything new and cool looking…I wanted to make sure that I got past the initial (I got a new PV) excitement phase just to see if my thoughts might change over time? They still might though after two weeks I am still really digging this thing!

So what makes it so Elite?:glare:

This looks like an e-cig that you can take anywhere and it will not ever be confused with something you might buy at a head shop, hardware store or anything like you might pick up at your local convenience store selling those cheaply manufactured overpriced disposable e-cigs.
My first impression after seeing the final product was that this thing is like the happy medium. Nice balance in the hand, aesthetically pleasing to the eye and it vapes like a champ!:thumbs:

It has a glossy coated smooth black finish that is like scratch resistant and yet it does not show my fingerprint marks when I am handling it!

It has three little LED lights near the bottom that illuminate in blue indicating your level of battery charge. A full charge and all three little LED’s light up when you hit the button to vape which also illuminates a soothing blue hue of color all on a sleek black and silver finish.

ELITE-6T.jpg

The engineer's (finally) perfected the 3 click on and off button switch that seemed to be hit or miss originally with the 3rd edition Go-go.:glare:(IMO, what a joke that was!)

You can click the Elite 808 button 3x fast to shut off to put in your pocket or purse and not have to worry about it accidently activating by touching something else.

The Elite 808 – Out of the box

First impressions The packaging is something you do not want to toss out. It comes in a nice sturdy black and gold box with the Cig Easy logo in midnight blue and Elite font in white. Inside there are two Elite 808 batteries. One already has an empty cartomizer attached with a whistle tip and the other without. Underneath that are two boxes both in black with the same logo design containing a USB Charger /AC wall adapter and the other box with 2ml atomized cartridges (carts) complete with removable whistle tips?
My Own Elite Kit with a couple carts (not pictured).jpg

Very Nice Users’ manual included as well.

I’m not a big whistle tip fan with the exception of the Boge Leo 4ml cartomizer whistle tip which in my opinion is the best that I have ever used on any e-cig device! So, I was thinking that I would not really vape on this thing with the whistle tip included? Now, I have since changed my mind.
(The only other whistle tip that I had only really liked in the past was the Boge Leo's 4ml tip)

Observations The Elite 2ml cartomizers are the same diameter as the Go-go cartomizers and also exactly the same diameter of the actual Elite 808 E-cig. The difference I have noticed after repeated use and testing out around 6 different Elite carts as of current is that the vape is warmer than the Go-carts. I really hate to keep making comparisons with this device and the Go-go because they are entirely two different animals!

I must point out though that the Elite 808 carts are not as airy as a G0-cart yet internally they look almost identical. The center air tubing is well constructed and has the same integrity as with the Go-carts although the diameter is slightly smaller. This plays into why these carts have in my opinion almost the perfect warmer draw. I am torn between the draw on the Boge Leo 4ml cartomizer , The lower resistance Clear and Easy tanks for flavor delivery, The 808 Mini Go-carts with the horizontal atomizer, The duel coil LR 510 cartomizer and of course the Go-carts.

The Elite 808 cartomizer gives me a little of all the things I like in all the above mentioned carts all in one. The draw is not as tight as what I experienced with the Echo and various 2ml Vgo carts I have tested in the past.

Frank had the resistance set right at the sweet spot for this particular device. They still work fine on all my other 808 gear. Another thing that makes these carts unique is that they are not powder coated or have the standard 808 adhesive sticker. They have the same exact smooth coated black glossy finish as on the battery!

I used a calibrated syringe to fill my first cart to see just how much these Elite carts will hold before anything drips out the battery end. I was able to successfully get 1.7ml the first time before I noticed a drop on my paper towel. I waited about 15 minutes and was able to add another 3/10 of a ml with no leakage. I still blew through the cart to ensure that nothing would leak out before I attached it to the Elite battery.
I could go into a whole other thread getting into the details of the Elite cartomizers themselves. I really want to put them to the test and be 100% certain that they vape consistently in addition possibly write up some tips and tricks on how to get optimal usage out of these carts!
For now…In my opinion I think these Elite carts rock! I am really loving them! :hubba:

The Elite 808 battery – My deal was that a 380mAh battery just would not cut it for me or really for anyone else that has been spoiled with using a high 1300mAh battery that lasts for days.

I even .....ed about the Leo (at first) only having one 800 Mah battery in the kit …that was until I got one and realized so what…The Leo rocks and now I have two of them!!!

Same deal with The Elite 808….I thought at first that I am going to be charging a batt every two hours with the way that I vape which I consider myself to be a heavy vaper. Not the case here! I am really surprised at just how long I can go before I need to put one of these batts back on the charger!
Since you get two Elite batteries with the kit sweetens the pot even more!
Cig Easy Elite 808.jpg

I have been using the ElIte 808 now for over two weeks and have not yet been in a situation where I am waiting for a back up. I always have one on the go and the other on the charger so I have not gone one entire day where I have been without fully charged Elite in my hand.
If this was just sold as only a single battery kit then I would not feel as secure unless I always had a back up?

From a fully depleted battery will recharge in about 2hrs and I am getting at least 4-5hrs in between full charge and indicator lights flickering (requiring a recharge). Of course mileage will vary on each individual’s vaping routine. I tried to really wear these things down as many times as possible in the last two weeks to establish an average as well to determine an approx point at which I noticed vapor reduction with constant use.

I measured 4.24volts off the charger and noted that I get an average of 3.21volts towards end of cycle (aprrox. 4.5hrs into vaping)

I tested various standard KR808D-1 Boge and Kanger made vertical coil cartomizers, (both prefilled and ones I filled), Vgo style long 808 1.5ml horizontal coil carts, Mini Go-carts and the new Clear and Easy 808 tanks which all vape exceptionally well on this batt. The Clear and Easy tanks actually look really more natural on the Elite than they do on any of my fatter longer Vgo or short stubby Elegant batteries.
elite with a 808 tank.jpg
More later………..

The all new Elite 808 is now available at a special roll out price here.
http://www.cigeasy.com/product_p/elite.htm
:thumb:

SSV2
:smokie:

Last edited:

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Comprehensive and very thorough review SSV2, it sounds like Y'all have a real winner on your hands for the 808 Crowd now. I like the background on your 808 experiences as well because it lends to the fact that you do indeed have a great deal of experience with these types of devices.

Thumbs way up on the review;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
thanks for the thorough review! i may go order one now! a few questions though:

1) how does this compare with nhaler's new kr808dm-1 (have you tried it)?
2) how does this unit compare in throat hit and vapor to a regular, newer style kr808d-1 battery (such as bloog maxxfusion etc)
3) is there an option to not have all these leds illuminating? (i like to be stealth when i vape)
4) most importantly... what is the cutoff time on these batteries?

thanks!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If I could just jump in here with what I do know ...
1) how does this compare with nhaler's new kr808dm-1 (have you tried it)?
Nope.
2) how does this unit compare in throat hit and vapor to a regular, newer style kr808d-1 battery (such as bloog maxxfusion etc)
I've Blooged the maxxfusion. This Is Better.
3) is there an option to not have all these leds illuminating? (i like to be stealth when i vape)
Not that I'm aware of. The cool button lights up and the lights on the bottom let you know how much battery life you've got left. You can cover them easily enough. I just noticed after my last drag that my finger naturally curls over the light.
4) most importantly... what is the cutoff time on these batteries?
Longer than my lungs can drag. But if I hold down the button ... I get blinkage after 10 seconds.

Bob

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
thanks for the info bobalex! that cutoff time sounds decent, as it is twice as long as the bloog maxxfusion manuals... do you find that the button on this quickly resets? in other words, if you take your finger off of it for a split second and the push it down again, does it reset and give you a whole 10 more seconds before cutting off again? i take loooooooong drags. haha...

you also mention this is better than the maxxfusion, which certainly makes sense... and not to be a pain, but might you explain how? in other words, if you were to take a 5 second hit from both a bloog manual (or auto, i guess) battery, and take a 5 second hit from the elite 808, are you getting a) more vapor, b) same or better taste (flavor), c) stronger throat hit, or d) all of the above?

figured i'd ask you in SAT question format.

thanks in advance!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... do you find that the button on this quickly resets? in other words, if you take your finger off of it for a split second and the push it down again, does it reset and give you a whole 10 more seconds before cutting off again?

When I hold the button down for 10 seconds it goes blinky 3 times for 1.5 - 2 seconds. Then you can hit it again.

But ... The TH on The Elite is very very good. I certainly can't draw on it for 10 seconds. Anyone who can has the lungs of an oboe player.

you also mention this is better than the maxxfusion, which certainly makes sense ... but might you explain how? ... if you were to take a 5 second hit from both a bloog manual (or auto, i guess) battery, and take a 5 second hit from the elite 808, are you getting:

a) more vapor
b) same or better taste (flavor)
c) stronger throat hit
d) all of the above?

I would definitely check "d".

The reasons I think The Elite surpasses the Bloog (or any other KR808 I've tried) are these:

1. First off, The Elite button has the 3x on/off function. You'd have to do something fairly strange and complicated to get The Elite to accidentally fire up once you've turned it off.

2. Aesthetically The Elite's carto perfectly matches the finish of the battery. It really looks cool and I dig the whistle tip.

3. The Elite's carto holds 2ml of e-liquid.

4. The draw is perfect. No "primer puff" needed, neither airy, nor too tight.

5. The Elite more than satisfies when it comes to The Big Three - Flavor, TH, and Vapor Production.

6. The Elite's battery outlasts any 65mm, 78mm (CigEasy, V4L, and Bloog), or CigEasy's 902 battery.

... figured i'd ask you in SAT question format.

I don't remember my SAT scores. I do recall they weren't ... oh what's the word I'm looking for? ... Ah ... now I remember ... good.

Scholastic achievements aside ... everyone has their own PV Holy Grail. Mine is pretty straightforward: An e-cig the size of a Camel 100 that lasts all day.

Backstory Alert:

Initially I wanted an e-cig that would allow me a painless, fiddle-free, and seamless transition from analogs. Mission accomplished with CigEasy's starter kit. Then I killed a couple of batteries by sloppily refilling cartos so I switched to the sealed manual KR808. I needed longer battery life so I went with CigEasy's 902. Wanting an even longer battery life led me to CigEasy's Elegant, Elegant XXL 1300, and finally to the Go-go.

The Go-go completely satisfied what I wanted in a PV. A 3ml horizontal coil carto on top of a battery that lasts for days with The Big Three - Flavor, TH, and Vapor Production in abundance. I couldn't see how vaping could get any better but that didn't stop me from trying the Echo, Echo-e, and The Leo with its gigantor 4ml carto.

I absolutely love everything about The Leo. It's very well made and does everything I want in a PV but ... The Leo's 4ml carto is too dang pricey for me. The Echo-e's draw was just a tad too tight so that took it out of the running. The auto Echo was initially intriguing ... but it just didn't measure up. Nice e-cig but didn't compare to the vaping experience I'd become accustomed to via The Go-go. If I wanted/needed an auto 650 or 1300 mAh battery vaping experience, I'd just use an Echo battery with one of my KR808 cartos.

Which brings us to discussing KR808 cartomizers. I've used Bloog, V4l, and CigEasy's Gold Label Deluxe, Mini-Go-cart, and the Clear and Easy Tank cartos. My top two are the Mini-Go-carts and the Clear and Easy tanks. There are minor differences between the two. The Clear and Easy Tank is far easier to fill than any carto I've ever used. The taste of the e-liquid in the tank differs when using the same liquid used in a Mini-Go-cart but regardless ... still tastes great.

But ... an Elite carto is the best. The Mini-Go-cart and Clear and Easy tank are very very good but The Elite's carto just does the trick better. And ... if I want/need a "hands-free" auto Elite experience ... I just screw The Elite's carto on one of my KR808 auto batts. As I've said before ... somebody's got to do the dishes and when it's my turn ... I can still vape away.

To sum up:

A lot has been written about replicating the analog smoking experience. I initially bought an auto start up kit because I noticed there wasn't a button on my Camel filter and I wanted the closest thing I could get to ... smoking. After switching to manuals I didn't care that much there was a button involved. Some people are die-hard auto batt people. I'm not one of them. Over my last 544 days of vaping, the closest I've come to having an analog "experience" with a PV has been The Elite.

I became a member of Go Go Nation on 2/4/11. I've had a Go-go and an Elite in my shirt pocket since The Elite arrived in the mail. I never thought anything could surpass the Go-go but The Elite's TH is just a tad more. Just a bit more satisfying. But ... not enough to knock the Go-go out of my pocket.

I recently moved to Canada and since I didn't know where to get e-cig supplies, I had to invest in a pretty big stash to see me through until I could buy locally. I'm also a cheap guy. The question was ... where do I sink my hard earned cash? First buy e-liquid. All PG tobacco flavors and lots of them. Next: cartos. (Side Note: If I had a big pile of disposable income I'd get another Leo battery and a 5-pack of 4ml cartos. But I don't so I didn't.) Should I get some more Echo cartos? Nope. How about some Echo-e's? Nope.

I got a few Mini-Go-carts and Clear and Easy Tanks, but what I really needed/wanted were Go-carts and Elite cartos. Until my Holy Grail shows up (... an e-cig the size of a Camel 100 that performs like the Go-go or The Elite, that lasts all day.) I'm set.

Disclaimer:

When I got the Leo I finally found out what it was like to vape using an atomizer, cartridge, or direct dripping. All I can say is that it may have been better than the state of the art cartomizers a couple of years ago. I don't know ... I started vaping with CigEasy's starter kit on March 6th 2010. I have no idea what was going on in e-cig technology before then. Soon after I started vaping "premium" cartomizers showed up, and then the horizontal coil cartos. I'll take an 808 batt and a "premium" carto over a 3-piece e-cig any day. Direct dripping is fun every once in awhile, and it is useful to test e-liquid, because who wants to fill up a 2, 3, or 4ml cart with a new untried flavor only to find out it isn't what you want another puff of? Bottom line? My personal preference is always a 2-piece over the 3-piece format e-cig.

Disclaimer #2:

I'm all PG tobacco flavors all the time.

Long story short (too late) ... Get The Elite. Video Geek Analogy Alert: The Go-go and The Elite are HD. Everything else is Standard Definition.

Bob

Last edited:

ditc

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
wow, bobalex. thanks for all of the info. it's great to hear all of your explanations. your words are what will make me purchase this over a similar product from another vendor.. would you mind telling me what color the LED tip is? and do you know what their return policy/warranty is on these? i haven't been able to get an answer from the vendor. thanks!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
.. would you mind telling me what color the LED tip is?

The LED is more than a simple light at the end of the battery. As SSV2 wrote:

... it has three little LED lights near the bottom that illuminate in blue indicating your level of battery charge. A full charge and all three little LED’s light up when you hit the button to vape which also illuminates a soothing blue hue of color all on a sleek black and silver finish.

It's way more subtle than the glow at the end of a regular KR808 batt.

... and do you know what their return policy/warranty is on these?

Here's the warranty info from CigEasy's website:

All products are Guaranteed not to be DOA (Dead On Arrival) CigEasy's Warranty is on non-consumable products. All batteries, chargers and/or any other accessory is covered by a 7 day Warranty/Return Policy. The Warranty will start on the USPS (Delivery date). During the 7 day period you will be able to test all the components to make sure they are up to your standards and in proper working order. If you have any problems, please send an email to support@cigeasy.com detailing the issue. Exchange Only No Refunds! All consumables, including cartridges, cores and E-Liquid are non-returnable.

The Easy Cartomizers are designed as a disposable and not covered under the 7 day warranty but if you receive any DOA please let us know.

I recently (within the last couple of weeks) moved to Canada. Moving is the weirdest self-inflicted torture people voluntarily take on. I swear ... If I didn't have my Go-go and The Elite in my shirt pocket at all times ... well ... I don't want to consider just how awful it could have been. I know that e-cigs probably saved my life. Or at least certainly will help in prolonging it. But my 2 fave e-cigs were instrumental in keeping me sane during the move.

Bob

Last edited:

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hope you made the move safely to canada!

Well we're all here just like the fireworks I bought as a kid: Safe and Sane.

how is cigeasy's eliquid? is it their own? or is it just relabeled dekang?

Cigeasy's US flavors are mostly non-tobacco. I do like to add a couple of drops of CigEasy's High Caliber Blue Ice to my tobacco flavor for a hint of mint/menthol. I don't know if their tobacco flavors are made to order or relabeled. I just know they're all I vape.

as a fellow tobacco flavor enthusiast, which of their flavors would you recommend?

Oh ... all of them. In order of my preference.

Flue Cured Tobacco
Camel (Desert Ship)
Easy-Boro-USA Mix
RY4
Virginia Cured Tobacco
Hilton
Winston
Kent

Bob

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
Is the voltage regulated on the Elite 808? Also, at how many ohms are the included cartos rated? Thanks :)

Hi spaceballsrules,

The voltage is unregulated so it will usually come off the charger at 4.2 volts and then gradually taper down to 3.7volts and finally down to approx. 3.3 3.2 volts at depletion on average.

I have been getting pretty consistant ohm readings averaging about 2.3 -2.4 ohms resistance on all of the Elite carts I have tested.

Seems to be create the optimal vape with a slightly lower resistance than the standard carts in addition the batts are unregulated to support a lower resistance cartomizer.

Awesome combo... it works for me!! :)

SSV2

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hi spaceballsrules,

The voltage is unregulated so it will usually come off the charger at 4.2 volts and then gradually taper down to 3.7volts and finally down to approx. 3.3 3.2 volts at depletion on average.

I have been getting pretty consistant ohm readings averaging about 2.3 -2.4 ohms resistance on all of the Elite carts I have tested.

Seems to be create the optimal vape with a slightly lower resistance than the standard carts in addition the batts are unregulated to support a lower resistance cartomizer.

Awesome combo... it works for me!! :)

SSV2

OK. Thanks for the uber quick reply. :thumbsup:

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Need assistance with a couple of questions please.

- Will all of the "easy" cartos work on the Elite 808?

- I also have an Echo. Since it's an 808 too (with much higher mah) would it work to use the battery charger for the Echo for the Elite?

- If the taste seems harsh on the Elite, does that mean that the carto is burnt or is there another possible cause?

- Would it be possible to buy a single carto for trial purposes rather than a pack of 5?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Gloria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread