Distilled water to VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

steliosak

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Kapandriti , Hellas
If it is 5-10% can I just add it to the large bottle of VG that way it is already thinned when it is time to mix. I did an unflavored mix today and was pleased with the refreshing feel of it, although, I thought it tasted just a bit nutty, it must be the nic. Waiting for my flavors to arrive.

Yes sure . It will make mixing easier . Try 5% first and see.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, if I make my finial juice at 80% VG and 20% PG I may not need to thin the VG to start with?

I thin my VG with PG and then Use it in Percentage as if it wasn't thinned.

You see, it all depends on what you want the e-liquid to do.

For me, if I used your abour PG|VG ratio without thinning the VG first, it wouldn't "wick" well in a CE2 Cartomizer. And it would be Terrible in a Filler Type Carto.

I think what you will find is that after about 70% Total VG in a mix, that you don't get much more vapor. But the e-Liquid will start to get Very Thick and not "wick" causing Burnt Dry Hits.

You just have to Experiment a little and see what works well in your hardware and what tastes best for you.

Remember to Keep Good Records.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
I am currently using carto tanks with the DC smoktech, also have 2.0 LR Boge. I think for my tank next time I going to try the ressurector (the new ones) or maybe even figure out how to cut my 3.5 tank down to fit the Boge. So mybe I should try a PG 30 VG70 mix. Guess I will just have to play with it. I was going to try to go as close to 100% VG as possible, I know the flavorings are in PG.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am currently using carto tanks with the DC smoktech, also have 2.0 LR Boge. I think for my tank next time I going to try the ressurector (the new ones) or maybe even figure out how to cut my 3.5 tank down to fit the Boge. So mybe I should try a PG 30 VG70 mix. Guess I will just have to play with it. I was going to try to go as close to 100% VG as possible, I know the flavorings are in PG.

Yeah, you just have to try some things. For Filler Cartos though I would try to keep the Total VG below 75% or so.

I like to see a lot of Vapor so I run to the High Side with the VG. That and I like Sweet e-Liquids. I could care less about TH also.

Happy New Years.

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
I would not dilute my supply of VG. What if you change your mind or want to change your juice from 10% water to 5% water. That just complicates things because you already watered down your vg so you have to account for the water that is already in it and figure out how much more (or less) you need in your juice. It's not that difficult to figure out 5% volume of a bottle and add that much water to it. If it is sold as VG USP, then that is what it is.

Tona Aspsusa

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Finland
I'm new at this, and have mostly been mixing 70/30 PG/VG so far. And adding a few drops of PGA to the VG (maybe 5-10 % of total VG, so 1-3% of total solution).

I find undiluted VG really difficult to work. It requires lots of shaking to get it to mix, and it clogs syringes (not to mention cheapo plastic pipettes) something horrible.

I haven't yet "watered down" all of my VG, but I am thinking about doing that at some point, even if just a little.

But I am undecided on whether to use (distilled) water or PGA, and what would be a good VG-diluent ratio.

Viewpoints on PGA or water? Pros and cons for each?

Good ratio for "watering down"? 5%? Less? More?
I don't want to dilute it too much, but I want to make it easier to handle.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think I will just play around with it before diluting my big bottle. The RTS site states they no longer Dilute any of there products effective Oct. 21 2011.

This is something perhaps wasn't mentioned before and is a Very Good Point.

Nothing should be done DIY wise in Mass Quantities BEFORE you know they work for a Person’s needs.

Small Test Quantities in test Batches is the way to go.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think I will just play around with it before diluting my big bottle. The RTS site states they no longer Dilute any of there products effective Oct. 21 2011.

BTW - Got a Detailed PM Reply in the works.

Fighting a Wicked Hang-Over Right now and Outlook keeps Ding-Ing.

That and the 4th Seed of the ACF isn't yet Decided.

Hope you had a Great New Years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread