Ego-C review

Status
Not open for further replies.

showmethevapa

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
I must admit i'm solely an ego user, they are perfect for me. But this new product is absolutely fantastic. The best and most well designed e cig i've ever seen. The vapour production is equivalent to a lr ego-t atty but with no burning taste. Very consistent flavour and vapour. The ability to change out the internals of the attomizer is a blessing as well. I have to give it a 9.5/10. Good throat hit as well. Got it at vancityvapor today and wow was it ever worth it. Fruit flavours are absolutely crisp and delicious in this new little unit. Very tasteful joyetech branding on it as well. I will update if i find any problems and when i find the best way to clean it. All in all i am very pleased to spend my money on this amazing new vape.

monuoha

Feb 14, 2012
Dallas
I must admit i'm solely an ego user, they are perfect for me. But this new product is absolutely fantastic. The best and most well designed e cig i've ever seen. The vapour production is equivalent to a lr ego-t atty but with no burning taste. Very consistent flavour and vapour. The ability to change out the internals of the attomizer is a blessing as well. I have to give it a 9.5/10. Good throat hit as well. Got it at vancityvapor today and wow was it ever worth it. Fruit flavours are absolutely crisp and delicious in this new little unit. Very tasteful joyetech branding on it as well. I will update if i find any problems and when i find the best way to clean it. All in all i am very pleased to spend my money on this amazing new vape.

Im with u on that review. Just started vaping in Jan. Used an Njoy & a generic no name brand 1st. Almost quit vaping.
Discovered the ego C.....pure bliss.

ejohnson91

Feb 11, 2012
Fresno, CA
Glad to hear you are enjoying your ego-c! I got mine about a week ago as well and I am really enjoying it! I have one problem though. I'm starting to get a burnt plastic taste when I vape. I put in a new atty and the problem happened again a day after replacing it. I am using a %100 VG vanilla juice from american e-liquid. Could the thick juice be the problem? Any tips would be wonderful! If the problem persists I might just have to switch to some Boge cartos

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
In my use of the "C" ove the past little while I have concluded that they just do not like thick juice. If you are getting a burnt taste, add 5% water to your juice. Gurgling also seems to be from thick juice, that is you draw heavier to compensate for low vapour production.

Thin the juice boys and you should have no issues.

AndWhat420

Oct 6, 2011
Falmouth, MA
In my use of the "C" ove the past little while I have concluded that they just do not like thick juice. If you are getting a burnt taste, add 5% water to your juice. Gurgling also seems to be from thick juice, that is you draw heavier to compensate for low vapour production.

Thin the juice boys and you should have no issues.

With my Ego C I vape solely dekang 3&5 and dekang tab. 100% pg 24mg. Very thin juice. 8 months heavy use but finally tapering, and not one dead atomizer out of the original 5, w/ one still not used at all actually. I've gone through over 600ml juice. My batteries are incredibly beat up. Multiple 2 story drops onto concrete, dropped off roof of truck while driving, dropped 34 times a day minimum. run over in puddles in my truck. i think you get it. Annoying leakage with the original supplied hard caps prompts use of silicone caps which last for freaking ever. I couldn't be happier with my long standing well abused specimens. Plenty of pocket firing as well as i forget to lock it. They are gonna have to make them worse or they wont sell them often enough. :2c:
ps edit: I does work great with cartos, any 510 will fit make sure the ohms are suitable. google does wonders there are charts .

Last edited:

GiddyLydia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
Kentucky
I was ready to look for an alternative to my old Ego tank system . It tended to leak and it was too hard to adjust the wick. Tried the C maybe six months ago and all my Ego tank problems vanished. The low resistance atomizers last a long time, don't leak and are cheaper. I haven't had to adjust a thing, seldom need to change the silicone caps on the tank, I don't even clean these atomizers like I had to do with the older system.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
I almost gave up on vaping until getting the ego C... I made the mistake of asking the guy at the tobacco shop for advice. He set me up with a blu starter kit. That thing nearly drove me crazy. Inconsistent drag, so hard to refil, cartos are overpriced and under nicd.

The Ego C has been a breath of fresh air.. or vapor, as it is. :)

out of the box it's ready to go. Put one on charge, assemble the other, and start vaping. Batteries last me 15 hours +. It's really amazing how long they last. Especially after changing one every hour.

As has been mentioned, they are very tough. I actually dropped one in the sink. Fully submerged until I could yank it out of there. I marked the battery, so I would know it was my fault when it failed. Only thing I had to do was change out the flooded atty and go back to vaping. No troubles out of the one I tried to kill. The atty is probably fine too. just haven't tried to use it again, yet.

So far, as a brand new vapor fresh off the upgrade from blu's, these things are easy to use, easy to refill, reliable, and low maintenance. If you're new to all this, don't let people scare you away from the tank system. If you get this one, you won't be disappointed.

It's hard for me to imagine a carto performing this well, but I've only tried the blu carts. I don't expect I'll ever go back to any cart now that I'm getting all the advantages of a tank systems with none of the pitfalls.

I almost shyd away when I heard people calling it a beginner model too. I didn't want something else that was just going to irritate me for being almost good enough. I'm glad I went for it anyway. It's important to keep in mind this board is full of hobbyists. If you're looking for a no nonsense pv that doesn't look like paraphernalia, does what it's advertised to, and doesn't require daily maintenance, this thing is exactly what you're looking for. If you're looking to upgrade down the line and try the things you read about here, it's friendly to upgrades too. I may experiment some eventually, but I didn't want a hobby - I wanted a tobacco substitute. And that's what I got.

My kit came with the silicone tank covers, so I've had no troubles with leaking tanks. I keep them filled in the box until I need one. I take both batteries loaded with a tank to work every day, but I still haven't used the second one until late at night. When I get home from work, I pull the empty tank, swap it out with one in the box and keep going. I charge the one I used during my last three hours of being awake, though I have yet to actually use a battery till failure. They are usually going blue by 9 or 10 then I'll recharge that one and use the other until I go to sleep.

If I could change something, it would be the mouthpiece and the mouthpiece covers. I lost both my covers the first couple of days. I don't know if they came off in my pocket or what, but they don't stay on well at all. The white plastic also ruins the good look of the unit as a whole. I wish they were colored as the battery and cone are (mine's black). I also wish the tank would hold about 50% more juice. Then I wouldn't have to swap after work. LOL. Minor details, and part of the reason I chose this one is you can't see the tank when in general use. In other words, the people I work with wouldn't freak out about it. Just looks more like an e-cigar than an e-cig. When compared to a half empty blue carto, I've got no complaints.

Though I don't have much experience with this stuff, I can tell this is a well designed unit. After reading much about the ego-t's, it's clear joyetech set out to correct it's issues. IMHO, they did a great job. I'm going to buy the exact same kit for my wife. If she doesn't use it, I'll do some playing around with hers for home use mods. :)

Anyway, thanks to those on the boards who led me to these.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
I cleaned it for the first time tonight. After some reading, I thought I would try and salvage the flooded atty. Using this thread, I saved the atty by pulling the pointed tip from the base and drying everything as stated here in various places. (i looked for threads, but I read them yesterday, so, of course, i couldn't find them today.) Anyway, after going back to vaping on the flooded atty, I still tasted my water here. I'm on well water, so it's very distinctive. Kind of a gentle sulfer with a strong iron taste.

Then I had a brainstorm that forever will change the we all clean our ego's. LOL

K, maybe that's a little silly, but, for real, I took took the tank off, and vaped the thing until I could taste that the nasty of a dry filament. That's all it takes to clean these things. No need to disassemble. No need to take it apart even. Just pull the tank and vape until its nasty then put it back together. Best vapor production I've got, yet. I guess I never had it fully cleaned from the primer. When my wife finally gets in, I plan to prime the atty by taking a couple mouth hits with a tank in, then removing the tank and mouth hitting until I taste the awful nasty of an empty. Then I'll tank up and mouth hit until it taste ohh so smooth and delicious. Then these things are truly ready to rock.

I will never take one to pieces again. No need. Just pull with no tank until you know, then tank up and pull till it's good. Then you can inhale a true flavor. Until you do that trick, you don't even know that your not getting the most out of it. FYI, just mouth hit until you've got it cleaned. No reason to inhale during this process.Hell it might even be dangerous to do so. You'll still be absorbing nic through your mouth, but you should not breath in with no tank attached.

Anyway, Check this out. I'm down to 2 ana's per day!! from 25 or 30 to 2!!!!!!!! The 2 is physiological. That way I don't have to be "restricted" in my behavior. Now that All my atts are clean, I really like this thing better!!

Sorry for the misspellings. I went advanced before correcting errors. :oops:

Last edited:

GiddyLydia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
Kentucky
Joe 51: I've been using the same LR atty for close to two months, about 2 tanks a day, haven't cleaned it once because it never seemed to need it. So I took off the tank and was surprised at how much vapor I pulled up, must have taken 20 mouth hits to get it dry. Put the tank back on and it was like new! More vapor, better throat hit! Whoda thunk it!

btw, Congratulations on smoking a couple dozen less analogs every day-- you're almost done! After 40 years worth, I literally cannot smoke one any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread