Metal 18490

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
So here is were I am at. Another day or two & I will have this mod ready for blue prints. I have to build a insert tomorrow. I was thinking of using the mini woodvil and 18490 switch on this mod.
Or just stick with the mechanical switch. Your input is welcome. The mod in the pic is oak. I do the prototypes out of wood... easier for me. I managed to make the 18490 a 1/16 " wider than the mini. It will be as thick as the grand that cant be helped. The juice well will be a little deeper on this mod. Weather I use the mechanical switch or the wired switch, I think this mod is going to be a nice little unit.

001-10.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
wow, are mechanicals really that good? i love the buttons on my woods

Definitely, you don't have to worry about them as much. If the metal REO's don't have that switch. They won't be all mechanical mods anymore and takes away from durability since mechanical switches have less of chance for failing. IMO electrical buttons are more suited for the woodvilles.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Definitely, you don't have to worry about them as much. If the metal REO's don't have that switch. They won't be all mechanical mods anymore and takes away from durability since mechanical switches have less of chance for failing. IMO electrical buttons are more suited for the woodvilles.

Couldnt have said it better myself. :toast:

My 2nd vote for all mechanical. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread