New to E cigs, problems getting started with Ego t

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonlut

Jan 8, 2012
toledo
So i'm a brand new ECF member and brand new to vaping. I bought an EGO t starter kit on a reccomendation of a friend. It worked good at first and it produces a nice thick "smoke" for me that tastes sooo much better than a cigarette. My problem is that I keep getting the juice coming though the mouthpiece, i tried replacing tanks, cartomizer and a friend recommended I pre pierce the tanks. Now after only abouyt a week and 1/2 of use now it seems as though the juice flows through when not in use, after just a cpl puffs the mouthpiece is full. any tips tricks or experience you may have would be appreciated as I feel like maybe I got bad advice on what model to purchase.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
The eGo tanks suck. They were a good concept but have a wide array of issues. I find they dull flavor and TH and can leak like crazy. They can also be very finicky. Hence why I'll never understand why people on here suggest the eGo-T for a newbie.

I def agree with the above posts. Get some Boge 2.0ohm cartos and I think you'll be alot happier. Their a lot more consistant, less finicky, and won't leak like the tanks

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
So i'm a brand new ECF member and brand new to Vaping. I bought an EGO t starter kit on a reccomendation of a friend. It worked good at first and it produces a nice thick "smoke" for me that tastes sooo much better than a cigarette. My problem is that I keep getting the juice coming though the mouthpiece, i tried replacing tanks, cartomizer and a friend recommended I pre pierce the tanks. Now after only abouyt a week and 1/2 of use now it seems as though the juice flows through when not in use, after just a cpl puffs the mouthpiece is full. any tips tricks or experience you may have would be appreciated as I feel like maybe I got bad advice on what model to purchase.

this problem is common with the ego-t's. the air vent holes on the side get filled with juice sometimes when it leaks or when the user is pulling to hard. slow down on your draw, dont suck hard. its not like smoking a cigarette. you need to take a 5 second easy slow draw. this will minimize the juice in the mouth piece issue. you can also clean out the mouth piece by popping the first two caps off the mouth piece end. take a paper clip, stick in the mouth piece hole and pop the first cap off, then the second cap behind that one. then just taking a q-tip or the edge of a paper towel and clean the inside. check to see if you have juice on the walls of the atty. if you do, its leaking, which is a common issue with the ego-t tanks.

if you wish to avoid all the problems buy a pack of boge LR cartomizers, fill and vape, that simple that easy.

Last edited:

ianlm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
www.ianmassey.com
you can see the channels on either side of the mouthpiece, those are where vapor travels from the atomizer to your mouth. if you lay the ego-t on its side, sometimes a little juice will make its way into one of the channels, and through capillary action, one little drop pulls the rest with it.

once this occurs, stand the ego-t up vertically for 20 minutes or so, to allow all of the juice to drain back down. you can take apart the top of the mouthpiece to clean any residuals out if you like (use a needle or a paper clip to carefully pry the two pieces out).

In my experience, the tank will tolerate *some* being on its side and even upside down before any juice escapes into the mouthpiece - just not a lot. The amount of time it takes for this to happen will vary based on thickness of the juice (VG is thicker than PG) as well as environmental issues (warm juice is thinner than cold) and random chance (if one little drop sneaks in, you can be sure the rest will follow).

Keeping this stuff in mind has 100% eliminated any juice from making it to the mouthpiece for me.

Last edited:

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
Hello jasonlut, welcome to ecf;

I also started with the Ego-T. My experience also includes a tip that became flooded with juice. It has happened twice since I started with them in early December. The solution for me was simply toss the tank and use a fresh one. They are relatively inexpensive and IMO disposable. An example is here eGo-T Replacement Tank - 5 pack.

As far as leakage and messes....not a one. I frequently use my Ego-T as my automobile PV and fill 2-3 tanks, replace the soft rubber cap over the fill hole and toss them in a small carrying case to go with me. Really convenient for me. I fill my tanks with a syringe instead of prying that stubborn itsy bitsy cap off which also may lead to leaks if you do not get them seated properly after refilling. Hope this helps you some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread