E-cig vendor selling e-...... liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I know others who've discussed this very activity. I just happened to stop in a cigar shop locally where I've gotten cloves pretty frequently over the years. They are selling the "e-cig" which comes from https://e-cig.com. They call them "healthcare" e-liquid. Not only do I think this is not okay, it is probably illegal--no???

This was the vendor who told the owner of this cigar shop e-cigs would be illegal in another month (this was yesterday). I told him I thought he was misinformed, but then checked this seller's website and figured he's already tempting fate.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I can honestly say from personal experience that e-cig.com in my oh so trusted opinion have NO quality control and don't really care. I wouldn't buy thumb tacks from them :)

My local cigar shop is selling the kit for a "mere" $99.99. Whatta joke! I stopped in just because I wanted to see the "hundred dollar mini-cig" and was not impressed. I'm sure he was thrilled, but I did tell the shop owner I thought he could certainly find a higher quality product for far less money. He figures since they will "be illegal in a month", it's no skin off his nose.
Hmmmm....

topsee

Moved On
Aug 17, 2009
Shenzhen,China
  • Deleted by Oliver

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Ok....update.
Check WHOIS: Whois - IP Address - Domain Name Lookup Address 38.100.245.168
GODADDY / FMS Technology Solutions / Amp Technology is their server host site.
Read to the bottom please.

E-CIG.COM - Domain Informationnew
Domain E-CIG.COM [ Traceroute RBL/DNSBL lookup ]
Registrar GODADDY.COM, INC.
Registrar URL Browser Update Page
Whois server whois.godaddy.com
Created 19-Mar-2006
Updated 27-Dec-2007
Expires 19-Mar-2010
Time Left 213 days 15 hours 2 minutes
Status clientDeleteProhibited clientRenewProhibited clientTransferProhibited clientUpdateProhibited
DNS servers NS1.FMS4U.COM 65.174.200.240
NS2.FMS4U.COM 24.240.195.240
NS3.FMS4U.COM 24.240.192.240

E-CIG.COM - Geo Information
IP Address 38.100.245.168
Host e-cig.com
Location US US, United States
City -, - -
Organization FMS Technology Solutions / Amp Technology
ISP Performance Systems International
AS Number AS40142
Latitude 38°00'00" North
Longitude 97°00'00" West
Distance 9208.78 km (5722.07 miles)

FMS Technology Solutions / Amp Technology
Address: 1650 Des Peres Rd Ste 125
Saint Louis, MO,
63131-1899
Phone: 314-822-3901
Fax: 314-821-2464

It appears this is just the host. Wonder if they realize of this infraction of the law.
A true and trusted e cig company would NEVER do this.

Vaporer

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Letter Sent to PayPal

Since PayPal has decided to stop user accounts that sell e cig, liquids and products BEFORE the FDA has even had their hearing on the subject, how can you possibly let
Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarette | E-Liquid - Healthcare E-Liq
sell e cigs with ......? A prescription medication, which can only be issued by a doctor and make the claims they do on their website?

I do not approve of PayPals decision on this matter, but sites like this can ruin what can, could and someday be a large market to people seeking an alternative to known cancer causing cigarettes.

Let PayPals injustice rain where it should.

Minimike

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Indiana, USA
Letter Sent to PayPal

Since PayPal has decided to stop user accounts that sell e cig, liquids and products BEFORE the FDA has even had their hearing on the subject, how can you possibly let
Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarette | E-Liquid - Healthcare E-Liq
sell e cigs with ......? A prescription medication, which can only be issued by a doctor and make the claims they do on their website?

I do not approve of PayPals decision on this matter, but sites like this can ruin what can, could and someday be a large market to people seeking an alternative to known cancer causing cigarettes.

Let PayPals injustice rain where it should.

So nice of you. PayPal inconveniences you so you want them to inconvenience someone else to 'get even.'

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I'm not getting even or trying to.
PayPal made the decision to stop trade with reputable e cig suppliers. It's going to be a tough fight to keep a ban from happening. A supplier that sells a prescription drug in e juice, making the claims they do that the FDA has already mentioned as taboo can in no way help our cause. Sites like that ARE breaking the law and associated with our cause. We need to be responsible adults and citizens.

I'm amazed at the attitude you took with my post. Do you have stock in this company?
Whats next, vaping with Vallium, puffing with Prozac? Please enlighten me.

PayPal inconveniences me? There are still many reputable suppliers they haven't stopped trade with. It's no harder to click here or there, just a matter of choice.

I politely expressed my opinion with PayPal. Is my freedom of speech at risk with you?

I find it hard to believe a vaper would make a statement as you did.

Vaporer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread