how to dilute eliquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaijunyc

Jan 7, 2012
new york
Hi guys! new here. a pack a day menthol lights smoker for 16+ years then about 3 weeks ago i got introduced to disposable ecigs. 6 days later i got my own rechargeable set and a 18mg nic eliq. i was able to cut back on smoking real cigarettes from a pack day to about 5-7 in about 3 days with the help of ecigs. i really didnt intend on quitting, but entertained the idea and said "what the hell.." and now ive been smoke free for 5 days! yay!

then last week i ordered a new eliq this time increasing the nic dosage to 24mg thinking it might be better since i find the 18mg was a little too weak for me. i just tried it on brand new cartoz and im finding the 24mg is a little too strong for me. even the smell of the eliq is also kind strong like "as soon as you open the bottle and took a whif then it hits you with a punch" strong. is this normal for this dosage? is there anyway i can dilute the eliq with store bought VG?

i would really appreciate any information on this. i cant even finish a cartoz with it. Thanks!

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
If you have 24mg and you dilute with 12 mg, 50/50 you get 18 mg. (Cause 18 is halway between 12 & 24!!!!!) I always buy my e-juice in 6mg incriment cause my math skills suck. So you can add .25ml vg to .75ml e-juice to come up with 1ml 18mg!

Getting more lower mg is what I do as well, but if you don't have a brick and morter vape store near you and you absolutly can't vape wht you got, by all means, run quickly to wally world and get some glycerin

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You need to get a good tasting all ls pure VG Glycerin. the Humco brand in Walmart is OK (near rubbing alcohol). The Wilton brand near the cake decorating stuff in michael's crafts is good. The CVS brand may be OK.

It will make your juice thicker and dilute the flavor as well as the nicotine. A better way is to buy the same juice in 10-12mg and mix the 24mg and 10-12mg to make 17-18mg liquid.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Do not do that. That is a very bad idea and will be alot more confusing. That's not the right flavoring and even if it was, that will be alot more complicated to correctly add the right amount than just buying the juice in a lower mg and mixing the two

Also I don't know what ecig you have, but VG is very thick and might not work very well in your cartos. If you don't mind losing flavor than I'd try using distilled water before using VG.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
thanks Charlz! now that's math i could understand! lol! the flavor is kinda strong too anyway.. for my taste, i guess i wouldnt mind cutting that too. ill try your suggestion first.

just keep in mind it's just a very quick fix. I gave you some duct tape but I wouldn't try it long term. Just figured buying more juice would take a couple days to get to you. When you order more juice, order some more cartos. Anything to keep the flame from those stix!

Distilled water can be found but you'll have to ask somewhere. A couple drops of vodka will thin it out a little and it's cut with water anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread