What do the Docs say about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shonna76

Jan 10, 2012
Northeast Ohio
I have a follow up appointment with my doctor this week. I am excited to report to him that I have not smoked since my lung had collapsed 12 days ago. BUT, I have taking up vaping and love it. Doctors usually give you the 5th degree about smoking and blame the minutest symptom on smoking. Just curious what your doctors had to say about the wonderful world of vaping.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Had a checkup a month and a half after starting vaping (47 years of 2 PaD). My doc had no idea what vaping was. He did note my BP had went down 11 points on both sides and my O² saturation went from 92 to 98. I sent him some CASAA info to him. During my last visit he said he was impressed with the info and asked if he could share my story with his smoking patients.

Had the first signs of emphysema several years ago. Gonna see him again in Feburary and ask for a lung x-ray for a comparison.

Last edited:

Shonna76

Jan 10, 2012
Northeast Ohio
Had a checkup a month and a half after starting vaping (45 years of 2 PaD). My doc had no idea what vaping was. He did note my BP had went down 11 points on both sides and my O² saturation went from 92 to 98. I sent him some CASAA info to him. During my last visit he said he was impressed with the info and asked if he could share my story with his smoking patients.

Had the first signs of emphysema several years ago. Gonna see him again in Feburary and ask for a lung x-ray for a comparison.

Let us know the comparison report when it comes back!!!! So excited for your positive medical reports!!!!! Honestly, I could never be more happy. I always needed to quit smoking, but never enough willpower to do it!! Very little willpower needed with vaping. I wish I would of found vaping sooner....it can save lives!!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I have been vaping exclusively since 5-5-11. I have noticed that even on my BP medication, my numbers are lower a lot of the time. I have yet to go for my annual checkup, but I am hoping for good news. My choslesterol and triglycerides have always been high, yet I refuse to go on a statin drug. I wonder if vaping will make a difference. I know losing weight would help, but it's soooo hard.

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
my doc (PA) is tickled to pieces that I am vaping :)

My doctor always asks me if I'm still using my PV rather than smoking. I'm 70 years old and had smoked cigarettes (about 2 packs a day) for over 50 years. The doctor has assured me that it would be safe to use the vaporizer until I finally croak.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
My doctor didn't know much about e-cigs but was real impressed on my improvement in breathing and the sound of my lungs. They sounded like bagpipes before I started vaping and now he says they sound normal. I already have emphysema but my health has improved 1,000 percent since I quit smoking!:2cool:
I too am in my 70's and smoked for over 50 years.

stadiumlove

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I have a follow up appointment with my doctor this week. I am excited to report to him that I have not smoked since my lung had collapsed 12 days ago. BUT, I have taking up vaping and love it. Doctors usually give you the 5th degree about smoking and blame the minutest symptom on smoking. Just curious what your doctors had to say about the wonderful world of vaping.

Glad to hear you are feeling better! When I was a smoker my lung collapsed very often. I had many 'spontaneous' pneumothoraces which usually occurs in tall thin male smokers. My docs told me smoking increases the risk of lung collapse by 1700%, which is one of the main reasons I decided I needed to quit the cigs. I'm happy to say that since quitting 6 months ago I haven't had any incidences. It's honestly SUCH a relief to not have the stress of worrying about my lung collapsing everytime I would light a cancer stick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread