DCT MAP Tank inner o-ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
Does anyone know the size of the DCT MAP tank inner o-ring? My just purchased SS DCT MAP is useless because one of the inner o-rings snapped. I tried Home Depot and Lowes but could not find the proper size. They had Danco products which had sizes close but did not fit. I tried the #6 (7/16" x 5/16" x 1/16" - too small) and #7 (1/2" x 3/8" x1/16" - too big) sizes.
Thanks

Chancey

Oct 8, 2011
Newark, Ohio
Not sure if the inner "O" ring of the stainless steel is the same size, but I have replaced a couple of mine (black delrin) with "Do it" brand rings. On the package it says 3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D. I'm assuming 'inner' & 'outer' diameter? UPC# 009326401201

Anyway, I was lucky enough to come across these at a local mom & pop hardware store. Replacing the ring is a whole different story,, clamp-tweezers, paper clip, mini screwdriver and mucho' patience. It was much easier to find, than actually replace. LoL. Real pain in the.. ;)

EDIT: After re-reading your post,, I think your #7 size may be right. They seemed too large, at first, trying to replace in that inner groove of cap,, but will go in there with some patience. Does your #7 ring matchup to your snapped inner MAP ring, when held next to each other?

Last edited:

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
Not sure if the inner "O" ring of the stainless steel is the same size, but I have replaced a couple of mine (black delrin) with "Do it" brand rings. On the package it says 3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D. I'm assuming 'inner' & 'outer' diameter? UPC# 009326401201

Anyway, I was lucky enough to come across these at a local mom & pop hardware store. Replacing the ring is a whole different story,, clamp-tweezers, paper clip, mini screwdriver and mucho' patience. It was much easier to find, than actually replace. LoL. Real pain in the.. ;)

EDIT: After re-reading your post,, I think your #7 size may be right. They seemed too large, at first, trying to replace in that inner groove of cap,, but will go in there with some patience. Does your #7 ring matchup to your snapped inner MAP ring, when held next to each other?

The #7 is thicker than the snapped one. The #7 do have the same dimesions as 009326401201. Thanks Chancey. I'll give it another shot.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
OK so I measured the o-rings on my new SS DCT MAP tank this morning. I used some of the o-rings I have for my GG toys. I found that the outer o-ring is comparable to a 11/1.5 and the inner o-ring to a 9/1.5. I did note that the DCT o-rings did appear to be a frog's hair thicker than the 1.5 o-rings I have so most likely the sizes are 11/2 and 9/2.

I was in a hurry to leave this morning other wise I would have tried to swap o-rings to see if a 1.5 would work. When I clean the tank tonight as I would typically do I'll check that out.

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
OK so I measured the o-rings on my new SS DCT MAP tank this morning. I used some of the o-rings I have for my GG toys. I found that the outer o-ring is comparable to a 11/1.5 and the inner o-ring to a 9/1.5. I did note that the DCT o-rings did appear to be a frog's hair thicker than the 1.5 o-rings I have so most likely the sizes are 11/2 and 9/2.

I was in a hurry to leave this morning other wise I would have tried to swap o-rings to see if a 1.5 would work. When I clean the tank tonight as I would typically do I'll check that out.

Are those metric sizes?

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
It just won't work. The O-ring won't seat into the groove. The #7 is too thick. I'll try a different manufacturer.

I was able to finally get the #7 in the stainless DCT but the carto pushes it out and split the o-ring.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
A buddy of mine just gave me a couple of the inner o-rings today. He sent me this link to buy them.

McMaster-Carr

When refilling his SS DCT MAP Tank he reinserts the white soft cap (originally removed to insert drip tip) to keep from scraping the inner o ring.

Hope this helps.

Cool if that's the case I already have the o-rings I need. I can tell you that if you lube the o-rings prior to installation as well as during use you'll have far less problems with them.

I took the o-rings off my SS DCT tank when I got it so that I could clean everything up and lube the o-rings. Took only about 30 seconds to install the inner o-ring afterwards. The secret you'll find is that the lube acts as a "glue" of sorts to help keep the o-ring in place as you walk it down to the channel. I use a flat tooth pick to do this.

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
Thanks Manudawg. It also looks like Fastenal also carries that size. They have local stores around the country. I ordered a pack from McMaster but will be stopping by Fastenal when I get the chance.

@repent: I lube the o-ring, end cap, tube and carto with eliquid. I'll try filling with with white carto plug to see if that helps.

Six2arms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
NorCal
I tried buying replacement o-rings from ebay recently....I found 9mm x 1.5mm orings fit perfect for inner o-ring channel but 11 x 1.5mm orings are too thin to seal tube properly for outside o-ring channel. maybe 11 x 2mm might be better fit? im still checking ATM.

I use the #41 for the outer o-rings.. It's a bit smaller but it does the job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread