How would 0 Nic vapeing change your habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamruck

Dec 12, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Well, just as the title suggests, I know how switching from analogs to vapeing has changed my habits, and how switching to 0 Nic vapeing has changed my habits, I'm curious to hear reactions and thoughts from nic vapers if they were to play a little imagination game, "how do you think your vapeing habits, and your hobby would change if you vape no nic?"

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
I think I would become a social vaper. The main reason I switched to vaping instead of just quitting analogs was because I have many friends and family members that smoke and hated feeling left out. --now that I think about it that is a perfect mirror of the "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too" story--sad how weak ones will power can be.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I don't want to be a 0 nic vaper particularly I have used it and it's ok.
I've used it mainly for the taste of the juice but it isn't something I would do everyday probably.
I like the effects I get from using nicotine such as better concentration and cognitive powers
plus I think it keeps me from being as depressed as I might normally be this time of year.
I don't find nicotine to be all that addictive without all the extra chemicals found in cigarettes.
C.B.

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
I'm going to zero nicotene vaping as soon as my stuff gets here. I've been decreasing the level very rapidly because I have some health issues I'm worried about (my arms STILL go numb at night even with vaping...although not as bad). I have to believe it's the nicotene. I'm now vaping 4mg juice. I just love the action of doing it and the taste. It's my adult pacifier and I'm 54 years old damnit....I don't have to give it up! :)

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
I did mostly 0 nic for over 6 months, and still order once in awhile 6nic or 11 is as high as I can go. It really makes a huge difference in the taste of your favorite juices. I know I will not quit vaping all though I can use it one day like all the time and then not use it at all. I love the social as I to have a husband that smokes and has not quit and friends and I will never go back to smoking so I look at my tornado as my life saver. I cannot believe how much this has helped me and have not cheated and gone back to cigs since I stopped well over a year and half.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
Does anybody else find it odd that out of 10 posts on this thread that 4 of us are from Illinois? Just thought that was interesting.

not that it counts, but i drive through illinois quite a bit on my way to milwaukee, only state i hate so far thanks to your dagnabit tolls, which they just doubled... i think i'll go through Dubuque instead of Davenport next time and skip your tolls :)

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have been using 0 for a few months now and my feeling of always having to take my pv with me everywhere has gone away. I actually made it through Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas and the New Year without vaping at all. Now I am back to vaping everyday. It's odd I thought that the holidays would be a vaping trigger but I guess not. I picked up my PV again with 0 just because I don't want to start back on nic and worry about wanting a cigarette in the future. I have really been investing in small bottles of good quality eliquid lately since I only use small amounts and its not a I need it basis I have been having fun trying some of the most talked about flavors. All I can say is I really wish I would have tried BWB sooner.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I'm really shocked at the amount of posts who buy into the"nicotine is bad" stance.
I can't imagine where people got that idea from!
Seriously I have major health issues but have not had one teeny problem from using nicotine.
I think I shall stock up on nicotine just in case I'm forced to go back to smoking.
C.B.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
I'm really shocked at the amount of posts who buy into the"nicotine is bad" stance.
I can't imagine where people got that idea from!
Seriously I have major health issues but have not had one teeny problem from using nicotine.
I think I shall stock up on nicotine just in case I'm forced to go back to smoking.
C.B.

it's not the nicotine i have a problem with, its the addictive nature of nicotine. i hate that feeling of 'having to have some' or be irritable/grouchy.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I really miss nicotine now that I havent been using it. I miss the feeling of being fulfilled when I'd vaped enough. I miss the concentration. I miss sleeping. I miss being thin(used to be under 100). I have really thought about going back to nic. I just dont want to smoke all the time anymore so now I keep 0 on hand just for when I want a cig and keep myself from smoking again and I am afraid if I start with nic again then I will invite cigs back in my life at some point in the future. To me nic is just another caffeine type addiction (which i AM HIGHLY addicted to caffeine) but instead of having another pepsi I will smoke a cig to get it so 0 nic for me. For now anyway I may change my mind in the future and want to vape mg instead of smoking.

it's not the nicotine i have a problem with, its the addictive nature of nicotine. i hate that feeling of 'having to have some' or be irritable/grouchy.

What about its possible benefits? ADHD, OCD, lowering risk of breast cancer, controlling certain forms of epilepsy and schizophrenia (on very low doses); not to mention the alertness. calmness, relaxation and an increased pain tolerance - just to name a few that have been published. Ok sure it does increase the chances of being addicted to C17H21NO4 but there's a sure fire way to avoid that. :) Aside, nicotine vapors have a flash point of 95F, so one really has to wonder how much is actually being administered vs placebo effect. Depending on the atty system used a 6mg/ml vape may contain only minute traces of nicotine.

J

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I started vaping because my wife hated when I'd go to the cigar shop and smoke a cigar once or twice a week. I smelled when I came home, I had to brush my teeth twice, and my breath in the morning was horrendous. However, smoking cigars helped relax me. I never was addicted to nicotine. When I started vaping I could do it in the house, I didn't smell, and it was cheaper than cigars. My wife still doesn't like it but she tolerates it. The liquid does relax me, even with the 0mg nic that I use. I love the taste of cigar and pipe tobacco (i've never smoked a cigarette) so I buy liquids extracted from real tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread