• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I have seven cats. Most everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. Except my husband, because he has seven cats too, LOL.

Here's the only picture I have of all seven of them together -

feeding time at the zoo.jpg

The three orange cats are the oldest, and they're litter mates. We got them at the same time.

A year later we got two singletons, and a month after that we got two litter mates.

I think that's enough ;)

Reactions: Jorychi

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
I have seven cats. Most everyone I know thinks I'm crazy. Except my husband, because he has seven cats too, LOL.

:laugh: omg, that's hilarious!

then again, we have just one, teeny, tiny yorkie -- who probably causes more chaos and destruction than 7 cats could. she's *completely* out of control...runs around like she's possessed, eats and/or rips up anything and everything, drinks out of your coffee cup if you aren't watching her every second, jumps on the table, bites everyone's toes constantly...you get the picture. (then again, maybe she's jacked on caffeine half the time, eh?!).

my dh keeps saying "yeah, but she's still a puppy.". pretty soon, that won't work as an excuse...she'll be a year old on March 30th.

the only thing that keeps me from booting her out is that she's so darn cute!! i'll have to figure out how to post pics.

(btw, i only drink decaf...and it's usually my coffee she sneaks a sip from -- just didn't want people thinking the poor thing was actually constantly being subjected to caffeine!)

Last edited:

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
MyChildren.jpg

All of my babies were rescues from the animal rescue I volunteer for. I'd love more but then I wouldn't have room to foster.

Fance and her sister were abandoned at a vet's office. Both were adopted but she was returned -- they decided they didn't want two...
Lola was thrown from a moving vehicle into a six lane blvd during rush hour and has a permanent skinned place on her chin where her face hit the pavement. We got those girls after losing our three to sudden death and kidney failure. No one else wanted 2-3 yr old cats.

Bela was rescued blowing bloody snot and has herpes in his little eyes. Pippin was trapped as an eight month old and was as feral as the night is long. He also has exhibited herpes but only in times of severe stress - like when I was taking him for adoptions. Now that he has a home he is stress free and no more herpes outbreaks have occurred.

Last edited:

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Wowie - You DO have a menagerie! Kudos on the corgy -- it takes special people to rescue special needs animals. LOL on the live sushi bar!

I don't know how to post a pic from my phone; but we have 2 cats, 3 dogs including a rescue albino corgy that is deaf n blind, 2 Australian parakeets, 2 turtles with their very own live sushi bar, a species tank o sharks, 2 bearded dragons and 3 kids heh

Love the pics of all the animals :D

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
LOLOL - That's a yardful! I love it!

I love this thread already :)

My beasties have me for sure....they're quite the spoiled ones. Two are from the street, and one from the pound. But i *only* have the 3 dogs....

night-night-1.jpg

though their friends sometimes come over to play....and then it does get a little zoo-like :laugh:

visiting-dog-pack-1.jpg

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I have 2 pugs both almost 9 yrs old, and just adopted a kitten who is 18 weeks old(?)

How are they getting along? Is the kitten terrorizing the pugs? Are the pugs jealous? The three cats that we got first still don't always appreciate the "intruders," LOL. Most of the time they're fine, but they have their moments!

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
:laugh: omg, that's hilarious!

then again, we have just one, teeny, tiny yorkie -- who probably causes more chaos and destruction than 7 cats could. she's *completely* out of control...runs around like she's possessed, eats and/or rips up anything and everything, drinks out of your coffee cup if you aren't watching her every second, jumps on the table, bites everyone's toes constantly...you get the picture. (then again, maybe she's jacked on caffeine half the time, eh?!).

my dh keeps saying "yeah, but she's still a puppy.". pretty soon, that won't work as an excuse...she'll be a year old on March 30th.

the only thing that keeps me from booting her out is that she's so darn cute!! i'll have to figure out how to post pics.

(btw, i only drink decaf...and it's usually my coffee she sneaks a sip from -- just didn't want people thinking the poor thing was actually constantly being subjected to caffeine!)

Your house sounds crazier than ours, LOL! Ours are still young enough to act like babies a lot of the time (they're 2 yrs old and 3 yrs old) but usually they're pretty calm.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I have 1 cat. I would get another to be his friend but he is so picky on who he wants to be friends with. He is a monster but also a 1 woman cat

I know what you mean, Jacquelyn. We mistakenly thought that because we already had 3 cats, they wouldn't care about us adding to the household. We were wrong! LOL. It took a few months of careful integration to get them all to co-habitate, and now, two years later, they still have their moments!

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
I love orange cats -- they are always so friendly! Your other four look like my little Piper -- the foster baby. Glad you started this thread. I love to see and hear about others pets.

I've heard so many people say this, and the first orange cat we had (he was an orange and white tabby, actually) was the friendliest cat I've ever known. But these three run for cover whenever a stranger comes in the house. Or our son, who lived here for a while after we got them. Scaredy cats, LOL.

Your babies are all so beautiful, and their stories heart wrenching. Ours were all adopted from the SPCA or Angels of Assissi, but we don't know anything about their lives before they got there. But we do know that the ones who are litter mates were brought in together, so I assume they were well cared for. Our two singletons were both strays, but that's all we know. They were three or four months old when they arrived at the shelter. One is extremely timid, the other not so much, LOL.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
CES, I've always loved the pictures of your beasties! They're beautiful dogs. LOL on their playmates!

I love this thread already :)

My beasties have me for sure....they're quite the spoiled ones. Two are from the street, and one from the pound. But i *only* have the 3 dogs....

night-night-1.jpg

though their friends sometimes come over to play....and then it does get a little zoo-like :laugh:

visiting-dog-pack-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread