Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I need to check and be sure of the correct way to do something in the calculator.
Lets' say I have 30ml of 70/30 8mg of diy juice, using the same percentages of flavorings, I want to make 20ml of 4mg nic to add to the 30ml of 8mg nic juice so I will come out with 50ml of 6mg juice. I hope I've explained what I'm wanting to accomplish clear enough. Thanks.

lefthooked

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
Cape Coral, Florida
So based on the attached, I would get:

30ml 18mg with 3 flavors at a 70PV/30VG ratio. Why is the amount of VG higher than the PG is I am added 70% of PG -vs- only 30% of VG?

For reference, I am working with an unflavored nic base @ 36mg, bottle of PG, bottle of VG, and Capella flavors.
70_30_18_30_3flavors.jpg

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Are you taking the flavoring into account. The calculator considers flavoring as pg b/c most are.
So based on the attached, I would get:

30ml 18mg with 3 flavors at a 70PV/30VG ratio. Why is the amount of VG higher than the PG is I am added 70% of PG -vs- only 30% of VG?

For reference, I am working with an unflavored nic base @ 36mg, bottle of PG, bottle of VG, and Capella flavors.
View attachment 73690

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
The calculator is right. Your base is 70/30, which is 50% of the total juice. All you need is the other 4.5ml or 15% of plain VG so the total % ratio of mixed juice will be 70/30.
No it's not. I have a 500ml bottle of each PG and VG..but like that ratio. Is that not how to "split" it up?

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
pg is the solvent that the flavor or solute is mixed into. Don't worry, your not building a rocketship. LOL
Mauzey...I hope so @ 240ml LOL.

How does one know what PG/VG the flavor is? As all I see on Capella's site is "Ingredients
Propylene Glycol(Used as a carrier to dissolve flavor ingredients)" So how do you know it's 9ml?

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

How does one know what PG/VG the flavor is? As all I see on Capella's site is "Ingredients
Propylene Glycol(Used as a carrier to dissolve flavor ingredients)" So how do you know it's 9ml?

Most flavors are in a (PG) propylene glycol base but a few are in a (VG) vegetable glycerin or alcohol base. It will be one of the three and not a ratio of two.

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State

I was just ballparking the the 3 Cappela's flavors as equaling 9ml of PG, as they are flavors suspended in PG.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
lefthooked, you're making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Don't worry bout it, so did I at first. I hadn't a clue as to what made sense at first with these calculators. It finally hit me one day.

The top part is referring to your nicotine mix that you have. Let's say you bought it in a PG only base. Forget about the fact that you bought 500ml's of it. That's not part of the equation. You enter in the top that you have 100% PG, and the mg part to the right is the concentrate of nic. Let's say you bought 48mg/ml, you put in 48.

Under that, is the target nic strength. You want it to be 24mg/ml? You put in 24. Under that, is the amount of juice you want to make. You want 10ml's? put in 10. Then comes the flavor. Let's just say you want a total of 10% flavor. If you only use one flavor, you put in 10. If you use two, you put in 5 and 5, or 6 and 4, or 7 and 3. Get the picture? All the different flavors must equal 10, and you put in the percentages for each separately.

Then comes the bottom. All the way to the left it says PG and VG. This is what tripped me up, as I ignored it while trying to figure it out. If you want your mix to be a 70/30 PG mix, then PG you put 70 and VG you put 30. Then you hit calculate. Done. It will give you the figures for everything that goes into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread