ProVari with MV chrome tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying2Live

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
New Jersey
received my madvapes order today for my 5mL chrome tanks, 510-ego adapter, and cone for 5mL tank and the setup looks gorgeous on the ProVari, and all for only about 20 bucks!! check it out.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326832097.359392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326832097.359392.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 290

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Hard to tell what it looks like in such a tiny image.

Why did you need an adapter? I thought all ProVaris were 510 connection?

Those tanks look really nice for the price, and I've read good things about them. Hard to justify $45+ that others are asking for "stainless steel" end-cap tanks. I'd be interested in how they perform for you. How tight is the fit on the carto?

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
I am using the MV tank on my provari without any adapter or cone and it looks good and performs better. Like you Frick, the $45 to $55 pricetag on other well known SS tanks is hard to justify, but this thing from MV for $12 is a no brainer and performs well for it's small price point.

tankprov.jpg

Last edited:

Dying2Live

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
New Jersey
sorry about the size in my first post...as for the adapter i dont need one i just think it flows and has a real nice look with the tank...i also trimmed one tank down so i could punch my own BOGE cartomizers instead of having to buy pre punch xl cartos or xl cartos and punching myself (im in love with boge and CANT STAND the smoktecks)...

photo(2).jpg photo(3).jpg photo(4).jpg

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
I am using the MV ss tank on my provari without any adapter or cone and it looks good and performs better. Like you Frick, the $45 to $55 pricetag on other well known SS tanks is hard to justify, but this thing from MV for $12 is a no brainer and performs well for it's small price point.

Are the ends on this stainless steel or aluminium ?

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
sorry about the size in my first post...as for the adapter i dont need one i just think it flows and has a real nice look with the tank...i also trimmed one tank down so i could punch my own BOGE cartomizers instead of having to buy pre punch xl cartos or xl cartos and punching myself (im in love with boge and CANT STAND the smoktecks)...

Question: how did you cut the tank down? And where have you seen pre-punched Boge XL cartos? I can't seem to find them. My dream setup would be the tank (non-cut-down) with Boge cartos the length of the DC cartos, but I can't seem to find stainless Boge cartos that are that long.

Dying2Live

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
New Jersey
Question: how did you cut the tank down? And where have you seen pre-punched Boge XL cartos? I can't seem to find them. My dream setup would be the tank (non-cut-down) with Boge cartos the length of the DC cartos, but I can't seem to find stainless Boge cartos that are that long.

cutting down the tube was very easy with a copper tubing cutter, just take your time with it. as for boge XL they don't make them in my knowledge, I was just clarifying that I enjoy boge cartos out of any type of carto and instead of me buying XL smoketechs pre punched or not, I prefer to punch my own boges cuz there really is no other carto that vapes like a boge IMO. so in order for me to use my boges I had to cut down the tank to hold a shorter cartomizer. hope this helps.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
cutting down the tube was very easy with a copper tubing cutter, just take your time with it. as for boge XL they don't make them in my knowledge, I was just clarifying that I enjoy boge cartos out of any type of carto and instead of me buying XL smoketechs pre punched or not, I prefer to punch my own boges cuz there really is no other carto that vapes like a boge IMO. so in order for me to use my boges I had to cut down the tank to hold a shorter cartomizer. hope this helps.

Ah, okay. I have a tubing cutter.

Boge makes a good carto, so I may have to try cutting a tank down. They're cheap enough to give it a shot.

Any leaking problems with these tanks?

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Frick, not sure if this is the right one but I found them on this website:
Cartomizers

Probably can find them elsewhere, I found these froma websearch engine just keywords "punched Boge cartomizer"

Carbon

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
On the MV site it says "polished aluminum end caps", which worries me regarding eventual corrosion.

I'd also like to know what material is used for the tube. They don't specify poly or lexan or other.

uuuugh I was doing just fine, now you got me thinking Frick - blah I am off to get a Big Daddy or Cartomator, guess I should have done that to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread