Status
Not open for further replies.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
A long time defender of cartomizer tanks, I've slowly been swayed towards atomizers. Dewicking avoids the burnt wick issues of attys, and the 306 DCA has solved a lot of my issues with leaking and pockets full of juice. That said, I still love the convenience of a carto tank. I'd love to see someone come up with a working tank for attys. The GG UFS, Atomic E-Ball (english link at the bottom), and Vapemate are all headed in the right direction, but are unavailable, leaky, and cumbersome, respectively. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard of an issue to solve. The only real issue is preventing overfeeding. Cartomizer tanks work well because the carto polyfill stops the flow of juice.
  • Some sort of primer button that would open a valve to allow juice to feed. Press, tilt, and release.
  • Bottom feeder adapter. Basically, a tank in between the atomizer and a tube mod. Think squishy liquinator with an atty screwed in to the top instead of a cartomizer in the middle.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
On the other hand, I have never had much luck with atomizers. Stick an atomizer on a pv and I will find a way to flood it. For me, tank friendly pvs are definitely the way to go. It should also definitely be vv. What would be nice is a pv that could easily be customized on a whim. I like the idea of a telescoping tube to accept a variety of batteries, depending on the user's needs. Perhaps a variety of interchangeable sleeves which would allow you to change the look of your pv without risking damage.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
Hey chopper. Interesting thread. If we're talking about mods and not tanks I have a couple ideas. I really like the pocket friendlyness of the Darwin. The swing arm needs to go though. I also love the idea of the internal lithium ion battery and not having to worry about charging batteries or taking extra batts with you. Variable wattage, USB passthru, a better way to change the wattage and lock it. Possibly a longer 510 threading stem to accommodate a drip shield without needing an adapter. I think this thread is going to differrr greatly and you'll start seeing trends on things that really matter to vapers. There is so much customization when it comes to e cigs that getting a definitive answer on what everyone wants is going to be impossible.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Agreed. When I was looking to upgrade, there were two things that kept me from purchasing a Darwin. One was the swinging arm. I was afraid of the damage I would be able to do to it despite assurances that it was durable. After all, I'm the one who managed to have a brick wall collapse on top of my pv. Thank goodness it was a Provari. The second thing that kept me from purchasing a Darwin was the fact that I couldn't change out the battery. Having to plug it in at night would have been an inconvenience for me. I like to keep my pv on the nightstand for those times when I wake up in the middle of the night. What would happen if I forgot to plug it in one night and had to face the day without a fully charged battery? What if the battery goes bad and the unit has to be shipped in?

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Here's what I want to see! I'm almost done building an early version but due to my lack of skills and tools it's not all it could/should be (i.e. I've allowed room for the kick on the battery side, not below connector).

MM-PV-Design.jpg

Here's a "teaser" picture of the top/middle:
DripTip.jpg

Please ignore the driptip quality, it was my first ever attempt to make one (and I wanted to see how short I could make it but still work with the button placement)!

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
what does everyone like better for a form factor the tube mod style or the flat darwin style or 1 of each

In practice I like the tube style better. However, I've never seen a bottom feeder tube.

This is a nice blend, which adds resistance to rolling away.
Cube Ecig Mini at Cigtechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread