16340 Battery Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
UPDATE: All Super-T's now accept any 16340, 34-36 mm long.

I have noticed radical diffences in lengths of 16340 batteries, even among the SAME brand and model depending on where you get them. The long one on the right is from Deal Extreme and is 36mm long, the shorter one on the left is from Battery Junction and is 34mm long. Both are the same model 16340 Protected Ultra fire.
The quality control is so poor and/or they are contracting out different producers to make the "same" battery so beware.

l_85c81cd3a4ef44d3a46200218054ad05.jpg

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Isn't it amazing how the same batteries can be so different? lol. You sure wouldn't get two Lexus's of the same model and one would be 2 feet longer then the other...lol. The quality control that goes on with some manufacturers is amazing to say the least. BTW, i loved your video you made with you vaping in new york!

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
good looking out forcedfuel50, i just ordered them from dealextream but for a SD, and i did have trouble with some bats from the battery store moving the spring and then checked the size they too were longer, so i ordered from dx. i`ll hope they are ok in the month or so it takes dx to send the right stuff( first order came with charger no bats, some dinky motion senser greeting bell was sent instead. so instead of fighting i reordered the 16340`s)

truelove

PV Casanova
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Bronx, NY
Isn't it amazing how the same batteries can be so different? lol. You sure wouldn't get two Lexus's of the same model and one would be 2 feet longer then the other...lol. The quality control that goes on with some manufacturers is amazing to say the least. BTW, i loved your video you made with you vaping in new york!
Thank you, wait until you see the video idea my son has for
your ST-1.

Hint; it's a bird no it's a plane...lol.
And we hope to get a great NYC Location.

I just hope no one calls the police on us ;).

Last edited:

Mr-Glass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis Missouri
I think the three I have are the 36mm - guessing that if the button is turned all the way clockwise it is not suppose to continuously run the atty... doh!!! and that is with the spacers/washers removed..

Edit: funny I was thinking it was me or the way the girl put it together while I was out of town... Also was thinking - perhaps a flat screw instead of the round one provided (in the switch).. Im sure there are reasons not to however.?.?

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just got in a package from deal extreme, with 4 different kinds of 16340 batteries from them. Ultrafires, trustfires, Blue, grey and white ones. They vary in heights from 35mm to almost 37mm! Wow, here all my Super T's are all held to within' a few thousandth's in height, evidently ultra fire doesn't seem to think the same quality controls are necessary...lol. From here forth, i'll machine all the buttons going out down another mm to accomodate these behemoths (which they should rename as 16370's..lol). For the ones that are out there, if you have these longer ones and want to run them, i'll machine your button down for free, just send me the switch. Sorry for the inconvenience. I've measured several ultrafires and tenergy's and they all were in the 34mm range, but these from deal extreme are whoppers and not truly 16340's as labeled. Fyi, the 16 indicates the width in mm and the 34 is suppose to indicate the length, 34mm.

David

titanflyer

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I noticed on the recent video review of the Super T that he is using a 1000mah hour battery that also works in the Super T, so maybe he can chime in with what brand.

Hope this helps...

The blue one I used is an unbranded ultrafire 1000mAh 3.6V batts from my screwdriver and made for Trogs screwdriver by the factory. They are however unprotected, and although I have no problem and have heard of no problems with that and the nano charger, its something to keep in mind when making the decision for yourself. The 880mAh batteries will last maybe an hour less, but they are protected, and if that is important to you then its worth the extra money and less longevity. If you do a search on google for CR123A 16340 battery 3.6v 1000mah, you will find them everywhere.

Here is the battery I use with the branding on it...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2086 - Note it says that they are claimed to be 880mAh, so who knows.

Here is the battery I use, but in a protected mode. I am told they can be a little longer so might have the same problem...

DealExtreme: $3.19 Ultrafire LC 16340 3.6V 1000mAh Protected CR123A Battery

Here is what Trog at ecigscrewdriver has on his site for the screwdriver. I have a couple of these as well and no issues. Personally when I order in the future, it will be the ones below as for the money savings on 880mAh, its worth it. They still last 5-6 hours in the SD and Super.

spiderfire four pack...

DealExtreme: $6.92 SpiderFire LC-16340 3.6V 880mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (4-Pack)

nano charger..

DealExtreme: $5.39 Nano Li-Ion Single 3.6V CR123A Charger

more expensive soshime multi charger with car plug..

DealExtreme: $22.32 SoShine SC-S1 Universal Li-Ion 2-Channel Digital Battery Charger (18650/17670 /14500/10440 and more)

RN4075 atomizers ruyandirect

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php...st.dwt&gcat=50

B112 classic style atomizers.. bestecig.com

e-cigarette series

battery link for US customers who need some quick..

http://www.lighthound.com/UltraFire-...le_p_2273.html

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here is a link to Battery Junction for the Ultrafire, Protected 16340's that i use and sell and are a true 34mm long (which they ironically list as being 36mm long...go figure) They are the batteries those of you who ordered kits received:
Ultrafire 3.6V 880mah Protected Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery RCR123A CR123A 16340 CR16340

As stated above, all super t's going out after today will accomodate either and for those who have received there's, i'll machine your button down to accomodate them (the longer 36 and 37mm battery versions floating around) for free. Same day turn around too, as it only takes me a minute to properly shorten the end down.

David

Last edited:

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
Just a warning: I ordered from Battery Junction on 7/31/09 and have still not received my order. From others I have talked with, plan on one month for delivery. I can get them directly from China much quicker than that.

I would call them on that. I ordered my 16340's and a charger just Tuesday (19th) night from battery junction, they were shipped Wednesday and according to tracking due in today ( arrival at unit)
They did tick me off though, paid the extra for ground shipping UPS instead of the usps priority mail, they still shipped priority mail... grrrr Seriosly, what's the point of offering and charging more if they are STILL going to ship USPS.:evil:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just a warning: I ordered from Battery Junction on 7/31/09 and have still not received my order. From others I have talked with, plan on one month for delivery. I can get them directly from China much quicker than that.

You may want to check on your order as I have always received my batteries and chargers from them within 3-4 business days.

David

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You may want to check on your order as I have always received my batteries and chargers from them within 3-4 business days.

David

Just got a reply to my 2nd email and they stated that it will be 8/25/09 before they will ship the order. So it will be a month before I get it. And they never even notified me that there was a delay until I called them repeatidly. And no offer to reduce the price or refund part of the price due to this problem of theirs. Just not good customer service. I will looking to order directly from China or another vender.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
Just got a reply to my 2nd email and they stated that it will be 8/25/09 before they will ship the order. So it will be a month before I get it. And they never even notified me that there was a delay until I called them repeatidly. And no offer to reduce the price or refund part of the price due to this problem of theirs. Just not good customer service. I will looking to order directly from China or another vender.

I would get on the phone with them. Maybe something else in your order is holding it up? I got the 16340's and a nano charger (arrived about 30 min ago) so that's like 3 days so they definitely have at least the batteries in stock.
That would tick me off.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Pardon if my comment is made in ignorance, but couldn't the maker of the Super-T and other PV's sell the batteries for as cheap as we can get them thru other stores? Or do they not want to mess with selling so many? I'd rather support Super-T and other makers of PV's if that were possible. And we wouldn't have to worry about the battery size problem.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just didn't want to get into the battery business was all. I offer batteries only as a convenience. It is too hard to compete with the battery junction's and deal extreme's of the world who's primary focus is batteries. It just leaves me free to concentrate on my primary focus of manufacturing.

I should also mention, the Super T now accepts any 16340 from 34-36mm. It was only the first couple that went out that took the shorter batteries (which i can modify easily to accept the longer ones should someone need me to.)

David G.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread