• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

vapeing in a government building

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have not had any real problems. My Commanding Officer (0-6) has seen me vaping at my desk and has not said anything however I do have 1 E-7 that does not like it. So to keep the peace I just go outside or to the locker room on cold or rainy days. The way I see it is, me vaping at my desk = the more work you get out of me.

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston
What it all comes down to it the command you work with and what they allow. I used to vape in my hospital in Yokosuka with a few fellow hospitalmen when they banned smoking in uniform, my chief and commanding officer commended us on finding a healthier alternative. I have heard of some commands banning vaping but a lot of these things depend on your commanding officer.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What it all comes down to it the command you work with and what they allow. I used to vape in my hospital in Yokosuka with a few fellow hospitalmen when they banned smoking in uniform, my chief and commanding officer commended us on finding a healthier alternative. I have heard of some commands banning vaping but a lot of these things depend on your commanding officer.

Man I miss Japan, I was on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV63) when she was in Yoko. Sept. 01 - Nov. 04

Tektronik

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Moore, Oklahoma
I vape at my desk. I've been doing it for so long now that everyone in the office no longer cares. The key is, don't bring attention to yourself. I don't do it when there the office is full of people, and I never do it when anyone from supervision is around. They may have caught me a time or two, but they see I'm not openly blowing vapor to attract attention. In the past two years I've been vaping, I have not been given an outright "NO" and intend to keep it that way. Nothing is worse than getting up to go outside when you could be working at your desk staying productive.

olfajarley

Jan 21, 2012
Bremerton, Washington
I work on a Navy base where they handle ordnance and all sailors are banned from the use of e-cig on and off duty. Needless to say as a civilian ( 10 year Veteran technically ) I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center :glare:

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm a contractor with a government agency. I vape stealthily in the restroom, and in my cubby/office, where I usually have a fan going anyway. Those who know me well applaud the not smoking, and don't bother me except to say that smells good.

I just don't flaunt it, and figure its easier to ask forgiveness than bring it up and have a ban made clear.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I work on a Navy base where they handle ordnance and all sailors are banned from the use of e-cig on and off duty. Needless to say as a civilian ( 10 year Veteran technically ) I am not able to vape at work....I cant even bring it to work because of the explosive arc because of heat .....but we have an oven in our work center :glare:

Banned from E-cigs off duty? What official instruction are the looking at that says people can't use a E-cig off duty? My flight surgeon a Navy O6 applauded me for kicking analogs and picking up a PV since the patch, gum and the pill did nothing.

Bremerton, WA man I hated that place. I was on the Carl Vinson when she was up there back in 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread