eGo-C Leaking Problems. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for about a month now (25 days & no real cigs!!) and my eGo-C (& eGo-T) were working fine untill I started re-filling my tank cartridges. I'm very carful to re-seal the tank and even bought the "soft rubber" caps which I thought would do a good job of sealing. The problem continues, juice leaks down to the battery & leaks up into the mouth/vent path of the cartridge tank (& into my mouth). vaping becomes restricted & messy (not to mention shirt pocket stains). I've tried keeping the unit up side down in my shirt pocket as soon as I'm done vaping, but that only lets juice go into the mouth/vent path causing more vaping restriction. The only thing that keeps me from having to break down my eGo's & cleaning is keeping it horizontal with the mouth end tipped slightly downward. What am I doing wrong? This is incredibly inconveinient and costly (wasting juice). Please help. I use 100% VG juices.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
I only fill mine 3/4 of the way. So far no leaks, and I use the soft rubber pieces on the ends too. I read that if you put too much juice in, they will leak. Otherwise, I just make sure I have the rubber piece in really well. I know that's probably not much help, but maybe???

dont matter what you do its inevitable.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
When I used Ego T, type A and B, the only problems I had with leaking were really thin pg juice. Some of the tips I've read on this forum are: When you first puncture the tank take the end back off and carefully remove the tab caused by the puncture. If you've got a trashed atty use it to puncture a new tank. Use a juice at least 30% vg (slightly thick) and when you put the tank on twist it at least a quarter turn to seat it on the wick stem. The juice getting in your mouth is probably condensation. When you let go of the button keep drawing half a second to clear the vapor. If all else fails get some cartos. The tank system did me pretty good really. I still hook one up once in a while. Some have had good luck and some have had bad. They definitly require some tinkering.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
My wife and I each have a Joye eGo-T and we each have a Joye eGo-C, making 4 in all. They all leak like H*** after about 2-3 tank uses, no matter how careful one is.

Took apart 4 of the old T atties and inspected the angled spike used to puncture the hole in the bottom of the tank. Duller than a butter knife! The angled spike on the type-Cs are just as dull. I think the type-C is an attempt by Joye to cover their butts for the failed T situation, namely they all leak. Thus, the puncturing process deforms the tank bottom cap when used the very first time, be it the original hard cap or the rubber soft cap. The hole made will be slightly out of round, deformed, and so, they leak, all of them. I have about 6 friends that I persuaded to try the Ts and Cs and now they are POed at me. Oh well.

The heat of the atty may be loosening up the hole as well, a bit harder to determine, though likely.

Looks like 2 significant design errors to me. Hysteretic deformation anyone? Too many years since engineering school.

As these folks have said, get some cartos. Take care of them and they should serve well. The cartos are working for both of us!

moultons

Dec 9, 2011
Virginia
I've had my Mega EGO-T (Type B) since December with no serious leaking problems, though there are the occasional dribbles in any tank system. One of my three attys did leak a bit, and I solved the problem by pushing down the wick JUST A LITTLE; problem solved.
One thing I do that may be contributing to my success is that I rinse the whole system (atty, tank, soft cap) after each tank. Then I set it aside to air dry and fire up another setup. With three sets in the rotation, I always have a clean, dry one available.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had my Mega EGO-T (Type B) since December with no serious leaking problems, though there are the occasional dribbles in any tank system.

Wait until a warm summer day, then put one in your shirt pocket. Very soon your pocket will look like you've been harboring an incontinent chipmunk in it. Besides, you're supposed to vape the e-liquid, not absorb the nicotine via your chest skin.

IMHO, these sorts of tanks need some serious re-engineering.

moultons

Dec 9, 2011
Virginia
Wait until a warm summer day, then put one in your shirt pocket. Very soon your pocket will look like you've been harboring an incontinent chipmunk in it. Besides, you're supposed to vape the e-liquid, not absorb the nicotine via your chest skin.

IMHO, these sorts of tanks need some serious re-engineering.
I agree that they have their problems, but try putting it in your pocket with the mouthpiece facing down. This keeps the juice from gravity-feeding through the atty and leaking out at the switch.

Kim151

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Hawaii
Guess I had nothing but good luck with the eGo-T and C. Have tried both hard and soft caps. No leaks. Like someone else mentioned, when I fill, I make sure I dont fill it all the way. Also, I never let it go completely empty. On a brand new tank, I make sure I seat the tank all the way in and give it a good full turn twist. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
Ego-C here. 10 days and no leaks; I switch between 5 tanks often, refill them through the holes made by the atty when inserted (big no-no). I twist them around as well, another big no-no, The only tinkering is when I first puncture a new tank, I remove the plastic from under the top cap (the bit pushed in by the atty puncture).

I use thin juice and generally store it standing on the battery (the large, flat end) meaning the juice is always gravity-pushed into the atty; even when it is warm, I have no leaks. As for just being inexperienced or not having tried anything else....well, I have not tried any other PV, but this works just fine. Why replace something that works? Haven't replaced/cleanned the atty yet (and don't plan to; at $5 each, they are disposable, IMO) and seeing that I don't vape anything crazily-flavored (which I think is what gums up attys), they still burn well and the taste is good. The only problem I have with the tanks is the size; they need refilling a bit too often for my taste, but no biggie. There are bigger tanks available, so I just have to find those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread