Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I had a user make a suggestion so in the middle of testing out the plausability and actually making it work I was reported with an error. So you benifit, since the new change moved things around a little I have corrected the error while working on v13 and you get it today!

The Change.....

I have created a field for each liquid so you can now set up custom drops = 1ml per liquid. You can now duplicate your small batches into large ones with a much greater accuracy.

Hope you like it.

eJuice Calculator v13

Dan

ADDED:

Just remeber that the water field is based off the total amount of VG .... IF it is added. If VG is not added then then the water will be based off the total amount. I did this so if you add VG then you can adjust the water based off the VG only. But is you think your juice is to thick you can always add water based on the total amount without VG. This was done so the juice does not get TOOOO thin.
I hope this clears it up.
Dan

Ok V12 is up, I have been working on this on and off for awhile, I have added the two digit decimal places, I also fixed the VG vs Water problem. Un protected the recipe sheet. Added in a NO-NIC Calc sheet that figures all measurments for you. ANNNNDDDD add all of the current Perfumers apprentice flavors. You will also notice I seperated the PG and VG macros into two seperate sheets so it is Mac freindly. Still have problems with Open Office and the recipe macros, fudge!
I hope this will help.
Dan

Quick link:
Excel v12 ejuice calculator

Ok,
Yes I have been busy as usual

New things in version 11:

1.) Fixed the Office 2003 error: 'Run-time error 438: Object doesn't support this property or method.
2.) Added Section 5, new routine for adding two liquids together, you can now specify the mg% and quantity of the target mix, and the two mg% strengths and it will tell you the quantities to add to make the target.
3.) Added a "How much will it cost to make my juice by the ml" page
4.) Added links to common flavor manufactures, bottles, pipettes, and PG/VG sources to the additional mixing help page.
5.) Added The Perfumers Apprentice (TPA) to the flavor drop down list.
6.) Updated the Capella flavor list.

As always the download link is in my signature. Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
could you add an area for second nic level in there?

for example say i have some 18 and 24 and pg

want to mix em all and get say 12 in the end.

So basically if you had 40ml of 18mg and 50ml of 24mg and were wanting to make 60 ml of 12mg how much of each would you need to add along with the plain PG, correct?
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
yup :)

volumes would be different, but thats it exactly

Not really...

X = 1st nic level 24
Y = 2nd nic level 18
Z = target nic level 12

Z1 = unknown nic modifier

Z1 = ((X + Y) / 2) / Z ...... 1.75 = ((24 + 18) / 2) / 12

30ml to be made would be 30 / 1.75 = 17.14ml nic juice needed
so 30 - 17.14 = 12.85 needed plain PG/VG

So you would use the same amount of X and Y and then add in the unknown PG based on the Z1 modifier to get Z.

Capice?
Dan

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok,
VaporX here is what I did, I added a new section the allows you to enter two different nicotine jucie quantites and mg strengths, and it calculates the new mg strength based on the # of ml and mg%.

Now you can take that number and use it as your base number in the original section and set up the target nic level and it will give you the appropriate recipie.

ejuice calculator version 3

I hope this will help you :)

Here is a screenie:
ejuice3.jpg

I hope it illustrates what you are trying to accomplish.
Dan

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Here is the latest version ejuice_calculatorV4

I added some visual cues to help people undersand the third block of calculations. This will help with people buying 54mg ejuice and wanting to convert it to say 12mg. It will tell you the bulk PG/VG required based on the ml on hand. And as always only the "White" blocks is where you enter your data.
Here is a screenie:
ejuiccalcv4.jpg

Enjoy,
Dan

Last edited:

Kat1355

Jul 17, 2009
Washington State
:confused: Now I remember why I flunked Algebra!! Is there anyway you could give a simple gal a simple method Scubabatdan? I want to buy a 36ml menthol ejuice and separate it into 3 bottles to make 12ml juice. How much PG or VG would I add to each bottle? I admire your ejuice calculator greatly, but can't get a clue from it. Hats off to those of you who "get this". I sure wish I did so then I wouldn't have to feel so dumb. :(

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
:confused: Now I remember why I flunked Algebra!! Is there anyway you could give a simple gal a simple method Scubabatdan? I want to buy a 36ml menthol ejuice and separate it into 3 bottles to make 12ml juice. How much PG or VG would I add to each bottle? I admire your ejuice calculator greatly, but can't get a clue from it. Hats off to those of you who "get this". I sure wish I did so then I wouldn't have to feel so dumb. :(

I will work on a step-by-step Word tutorial that walks you through each section including screen shots. Will that help you :)

The rough down and dirty of it is,
The first section is where you enter your number like starting nic strength, target nic strength, how many ml you want to make, flavoring %, water/alcohol %.
The second section is the recipie section that tells you how much of each component you need to add.
The third section takes the starting nic and target nic strength you entered in section one and calculates how much PG/VG you need to convert your target ml you enter in section 3.
The Fourth section is seperate from the other 3, and takes two nic sources and calculates what the nic strength would be if you added them together.

And to answer your question use section 3 for that, it is based on the # of ml's you enter.

(36 / 12) * ml - ml = the number of PG/VG ml's required
(36 / 12) * ml = the total ml's of 12mg ejuice produced

Let me know if you need more help.
Dan

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thanks Darkmoondreamer! I am still confused about the flavoring. Is it the Lorann flavor oils? If so, that seems like an awful lot of drops.

Some Lorann flavors are oils, most are not. They will be identified under the item description as soluable in water (non oil) Insoluable in water (oil).
Most of the oil based ones say (oil) in the name. there is a Lorann chart that shows which flavors are ok to use.
Look here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-color-coded-complete-ingredients-list.html

Hope this helps
Dan

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, flavors are anything like Lorann's, Bickfords, etc...

The number of drops in his calculator looks to be based on about 20 drops per ml which is correct.

So when you see the 12.9ml then yes it is equal to 257 drops.

ml x 20 = drops amount

Thanks Darkmoondreamer! I am still confused about the flavoring. Is it the Lorann flavor oils? If so, that seems like an awful lot of drops.

Last edited:

Kat1355

Jul 17, 2009
Washington State
I just posted a reply and totally lost it! Dang! I want to thank you, Scubabatdan, for your extreme patience in explaining this!

I will work on a step-by-step Word tutorial that walks you through each section including screen shots. Will that help you :)

I sure hope so! When I see that equation my mind just seems to go into torpor! Would it be possible to write the equation in words? I understand 36 divided by 12 multiplied by....but I lose it at the *ml - ml. I think I would understand it better if the entire equation was written in words.

Also, I questioned the amount of flavoring drops. As RobertY put it....20 drops flavoring to 1ml. From what I understand the Lorann flavorings are strongly concentrated and that seems like an awful lot of flavoring to 1ml.

Thank you again, Scubabatdan, for your dedication to helping those of us who are Algebraically challenged.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I just posted a reply and totally lost it! Dang! I want to thank you, Scubabatdan, for your extreme patience in explaining this!

I sure hope so! When I see that equation my mind just seems to go into torpor! Would it be possible to write the equation in words? I understand 36 divided by 12 multiplied by....but I lose it at the *ml - ml. I think I would understand it better if the entire equation was written in words.

Also, I questioned the amount of flavoring drops. As RobertY put it....20 drops flavoring to 1ml. From what I understand the Lorann flavorings are strongly concentrated and that seems like an awful lot of flavoring to 1ml.

Thank you again, Scubabatdan, for your dedication to helping those of us who are Algebraically challenged.

(36 divided by 12) times (the amount of ml) minus (the amount of ml) = the number of PG/VG ml's required
(36 divided by 12) times (the amount of ml) = the total ml's of 12mg ejuice produced

i.e.
I have 100ml of 36mg and want it to be 12mg what is the amount of PG/VG I need?

(36 divided by 12) times (100ml) minus (100ml) = the number of PG/VG ml's required or 200ml
(36 divided by 12) times (100ml) = the total ml's of 12mg ejuice produced or 300ml

And for the second question, it is 1ml of flavoring to 10ml, but this is just a base value and can be changed to 5% or what ever you find works for you. I usually average between 5-10% flavoring in my mixes. But that is total flavoring. So if you use 5 flavors then it does not seem that much. Another reason flavor can change is the amount of VG you use, if you use straight PG then you do not need as much flavoring. The more VG you use the more the flavoring is "masked" IMO. So it is al by taste, start low and add as needed.
Hope this helps.

THANKS DAN!
That's a lot easier than doing it with a regular calculator.
And MUCH quicker.
Dl'ed it to my desktop for quick access.
Skeez
P.S.
Did your interview ever air? I'd like to see it
S.

Your Welcome! And my interview on ecigs airs on the 13th of Sep, I will post it when I get it recorded.
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread