Janty Neo tasting burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
Hey there guys. Don't know if anyone else has been having this problem but I just got my neo today and I have been getting a burnt taste from time to time. Not all the time just now and a then but frequently enough to be alarming. I filled it all the way up in the beginning and allowed it to sit for aprox 20 min before I used it. I have filled it up a couple of times again to see if that works but to no avail. My girlfriend is using the other puromizer and she has been having the same issues.

Please help.

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
We are both using janty pg liquid. I have banana elixir pg and she has lemon elixir. Mine is dark while hers is clear so I know the liquid is not it. We have not been vaping this differently from our usual lot, cartos and atos. I am now getting a burnt taste quite consistently. I was thinking perhaps I have a faulty puromizer so I have taken a extra one and filled it. Going to let it soak for a good while before trying it.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Have you tried opening the silicone flap to let some air in?

This will mean the wicking mechanism doesn't have to work so hard against the vacuum created in the chamber by it being shut.

Even just opening the flap occasionally will help this (and in my experience, not a drop of liquid will leak out).

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I will try that but honestly that sounds like a design flaw if that is the case. Janty have given me exemplary service and their products have been excelent, although this has been a little dissapointing.

Did you blow out all the primer before you filled the puromizer with juice?
One of mine had so much primer in it that it leaked.
Sticky mess.

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
I guess we have all the luck then. Now my girlfriends puromizer has started leaking and she's having a mouthful of eliquid from time to time. Well a few drops or so but to much. Guess we might return them, although I think I would love to give it a chance it is a pleasure to smoke when it works. Mine is ok now after I started opening the tab from time to time but she isn't pleased.

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
hi Helmar, thanks for your feedback! Let's try get this solved asap.

Even with the tanklid closed the puromizer should not taste burned. This is not a design flaw, we've gone through many design versions before we released the puromizer for the market. Vaping with the tanklid curved is a tuning preference for some.

I can only think of one reason why you experience burned taste and this is something we've tested: The liquid cannot reach the coil in time before you inhale when you puff at a fast rate or when you puff short puffs at a fast rate.. Try inhaling slowly and leave enough time in between puffs. Remove the mouthpiece and drop 2 drops of liquid from the top.

A question, does it taste burned in the morning when you take your first puffs?

Keep in mind that although this is quite a difficult mechanical design, the parts of the puromizer are still assembled by hand. Therefore the wicking can be too tight for some (could be the cause of burned taste) or the wicking is too loose (could be the cause of leaking).

In any case, if you keep experiencing this even when you change the puff rate, method or rythm, open a ticket and ask for replacement.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Opening the tab seems to have worked although like I said before this seems like a flaw in the design. I would love to hear what mik or ludo say about this. Must be something that could be simply rectified. Silly to have to keep that tab open all the time. Also this is something that should be mentioned in the instructions.

Think you got unlucky.
I just got half unlucky since only one of my puromizers has the same behavior you describe, but I'm first trying a tip Mik left in another thread to avoid returning it:

Try putting in liquid, then shake it violently (maybe do it to a björk song) and see if that helps.

It could be that the wires inside are tangled, which could cause the little elf we have inside to suffocate - which means he wont be of much use to you in fighting off the dry-spots.

Hope I can still save the little Elf...

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
Hey there guys. Thanks for the replies.

I don't think we are vaping like jack rabbits. Vape just the way we do with cartomizers for example. Maybe that is too quick and you just can't vape a neo as quick. That would be a minus in my book though. Anyway it's morning here now and i am vaping it as I write this and no burnt taste so far. We tried swapping mouthpieces and think it might be the mouth piece possibly causing the leak, although not sure yet, might be the wick in the puro like ludo sugested.

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
Update:

We have solved the burnt taste by simply opening the plastic tab on the side. We didnt need to clean the puromizer. My girlfriend keeps having the leaking issues and after swapping mouth pieces we are quite sure that's not the problem since she keeps having leaking issues and gurgling sounds even when using my mouth peice. So we are sure that the puromizer is faulty. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Anyway thank you all so much for your replies and the help. We do love the neo and are going to keep using it although as I mentioned before my girlfriend is getting tired of this leaking problem. Thankfully we do have a spare puromizer since we bought more. So she is going to use that one and we are thinking of returning the other one as soon as we get a reply on our ticket.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
-----

I went to the Janty World site via this forum and could find no USA Janty outlet. They only list the UK, S. Africa, and Russia... Is there no US site for Janty? Also couldn't find their products on their UK site. This is too weird. Looking for the Neo classic and can't find it anywhere. Just found rave reviews on their site and this neg. post here.

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread