Janty Neo Classic New Product "Back To The Basics"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing some thoughts...
First of all, for those who, like me, didn't buy a kit but bought separate parts instead and, like me, forgot to buy the mouthpieces, I have tried and it is possible to usa the puromizer without the mouthpiece. It's not prety and it's not the mostra comfortable thing in the world, but it is possible and it is a way to try the neo classic until the mouthpieces you probably ordered as soon as you realized they were not includes arrive.
Second, I'm not a reviewer, so I don't know how to be all fancy about my impressions of the device, but I think I can prety much sum it all up in one word, WOW!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Just sharing some thoughts...
First of all, for those who, like me, didn't buy a kit but bought separate parts instead and, like me, forgot to buy the mouthpieces, I have tried and it is possible to usa the puromizer without the mouthpiece. It's not prety and it's not the mostra comfortable thing in the world, but it is possible and it is a way to try the neo classic until the mouthpieces you probably ordered as soon as you realized they were not includes arrive.
Second, I'm not a reviewer, so I don't know how to be all fancy about my impressions of the device, but I think I can prety much sum it all up in one word, WOW!

One sentence comes to mind:

THATS THE SPIRIT! :)

If you want to fashion a crude mouthpiece until the real thing comes, take a piece of rubber (if you have something like that) - cut it out so it fits, punch a big hole in the middle, that should do it. Im not saying its safe, or that you wont get it stuck in your throat, cause that will probably happen.. im just saying thats what i would do if i was on a desert island with my neo and no mouthpiece.

(Who are we kidding, id just drink the liquid - im too lazy to invent stuff while sunbathing)

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Just a quick q? To Toby at i-vapour, will you be selling the puromizers on their own as swell as the kits soon?

Yes; I do have stock of them but am frustrated by lack of spare Neo mouthpieces, so wasn't sure when to list them...
(I presumed, as some customers have done already, that the mouthpiece would be included with separate Neo puromizer purchases, for use with eGo batts.)

But as you have asked, I have listed them now -
Janty NEO Silver Puromizer (excl. mouthpiece) - Janty Neo

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I got mine today also.
One of the puromizers was soaking, and I mean soaking wet, so much so that both batteries and the other puromizer was wet on the outside.
I blew as much liquid out as I could, it was close to 1 ml, one papertowel was wet.
Then I screwed to puromizer on the battery.
When I look at it, the "neo" letters and "Janty" do not line up.
That's wrong. It looks terrible!
Something is not right.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
After 4 days of usage, thought I'd leave some impressions also:

DON'T try the Kuwako on the Neo auto or you'll get immediately hooked.
I bought the Kuwako just as an impulse buy with my Neo purchase, and had my doubts about it but... After using it for the first time, couldn't take off any more.
What a great little piece of kit and what a difference it makes in normal usage. The look and feel is absolutely great and the material has an amazing in my hand.
On the down side, I tried it with an eGo manual battery and simply didn't like how the usage felt. It simply wasn't natural for me.

About the Neo itself:

A very good vape, and very consistent to this point. Didn't rather expect it, but I've been using it exclusively since I got it.
I'd simply describe it mainly as a very well balanced solution.
Construction quality seems top notch and the design is great, but that's always a personal thing.
Been using PG based juices, as that's what I normally use and the flavor and vapor production is indeed excellent.
Throat hit is normal, I would say, unless one uses Toby's tip and vape with the little window opened, in which case, the TH increases by a fair amount.
Refilling couldn't be easier, with any kind of bottle.
Also, no leaks, and I did leave on of the puromizers standing for a whole day.

Now for the less positive points (hey, the device was designed by mortals):

- The auto switch is very good, but not perfect - it can fail to fire occasionally under some airflow settings. Not often, but it can happen.
- One of by puromizers works perfectly but the second has some kind of problem because it always gives me dry hits unless I vape with the silicon plug opened. It really can't wick with the window closed, and after closing it, 2 draws latter and the dry hits return.
Will have to check with Janty about this.

Hope this helps anyone.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
- One of by puromizers works perfectly but the second has some kind of problem because it always gives me dry hits unless I vape with the silicon plug opened. It really can't wick with the window closed, and after closing it, 2 draws latter and the dry hits return.

Is there any visible difference between the two? wicking material thickness or the like?

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I got mine today also.
One of the puromizers was soaking, and I mean soaking wet, so much so that both batteries and the other puromizer was wet on the outside.
I blew as much liquid out as I could, it was close to 1 ml, one papertowel was wet.
Then I screwed to puromizer on the battery.
When I look at it, the "neo" letters and "Janty" do not line up.
That's wrong. It looks terrible!
Something is not right.

Doesn't bother me (and even less with the Kuwako :) ) but for anyone bothered:

Unscrew the bat until the letters line up.
Screw the airflow ring until it's flush with the puromizer.
There - nothing moves and the letters keep lined up.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
Doesn't bother me (and even less with the Kuwako :) ) but for anyone bothered:

Unscrew the bat until the letters line up.
Screw the airflow ring until it's flush with the puromizer.
There - nothing moves and the letters keep lined up.

Okay, I just tried that, I have to screw the puromizer 3/4 of the way back, it's too loose, it's not designed to that, the ring does not secure the puromizer to the battery.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
It's not easy to look into the puromizer for those details... The widow is rather narrow.

Try putting in liquid, then shake it violently (maybe do it to a björk song) and see if that helps.

It could be that the wires inside are tangled, which could cause the little elf we have inside to suffocate - which means he wont be of much use to you in fighting off the dry-spots.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Try putting in liquid, then shake it violently (maybe do it to a björk song) and see if that helps.

It could be that the wires inside are tangled, which could cause the little elf we have inside to suffocate - which means he wont be of much use to you in fighting off the dry-spots.

Will do, and report back.
I did shake it a few times, but not to a Bjork song. Hope the little elf has its seat-belt on...

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Okay, I just tried that, I have to screw the puromizer 3/4 of the way back, it's too loose, it's not designed to that, the ring does not secure the puromizer to the battery.

Screw the ring until it's flush against the puromizer.
The ring doesn't secure the puromizer to the battery - used like this, it just ensures the puromizer doesn't unscrew/screw by itself. It shouldn't even be able to move if you do this.
(Hmmm, getting a little unconfortable with all this talk about screwing things :/ )

sibo

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago
I have read here on ECF, and watched the vids, but have yet to find answers to a few questions.
Should I charge the batt before the first use? I know it's charged now, but not sure if it's fully charged.
How many drops of liquid does the puromizer hold initially? I don't wanna over, or under fill.

TIA :)

tank is 2mls max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread