• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

hoosier vape meets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
We all had a great time at the first Hoosier vape meet in Rossville last weekend and there was some mention of scheduling another one. We ended up having a great turnout-maybe 25 vapors?
I am wondering about trying to look ahead and start planning the follow up in a month or so.

I live in New Castle-40miles east of Indy. We have a Mancinos pizzaria here that has a large private party room and its no charge. We could each order what we want to eat and drink. They have pizzas, grinders, salads, lasagna and such. The only thing I would have to talk to the manager and make sure our vaping is not a problem. But, one drawback with the location is they don't serve adult beverages. If thats something enough want then we just need to find another location-I am sure we can find one. I also have a 2nd location that I could look at, its on the same road and its a bar/pub that also serves some food along with drinks.

I would like to try to get a few more venders to attend if possible. I would have bought some new items if there had been more variety of the hot items right now. Plus more vendors would mean better-more raffle prizes.

Lastly, I was wondering about trying to encourage smokers who want to learn about vaping to stop in and learn / try out all about vaping and having vendors there to set them up on the spot.

Is there enough interest to go forward with getting more information on the venue?

One advantage of New Castle is its easy to get to-just drive in on I-70 and 1 turn takes you to the place.

Whats everyones thoughts. Jenn

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
I'm in Noblesville and I already posted in another thread that I'm going to work with Mike Cline @ the Indy Vapor shop to do some kind of meet this spring. I live close to Morse reservoir and we have a couple good venues with enough space for alot of folks. I need to confirm but Lake House Tavern has plenty of space and good food/drink. It is sports bar oriented with pool tables as well. I just need to confirm that the owner would like to have our business for a meet. I was thinking about a day time event on a Saturday in late March or early April. Brew

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
.... I need to confirm but Lake House Tavern has plenty of space and good food/drink. It is sports bar oriented with pool tables as well. I just need to confirm that the owner would like to have our business for a meet. I was thinking about a day time event on a Saturday in late March or early April. Brew

This sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing more.

Appreciate your efforts.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Well I spoke to Mike @ the Indy Vapor Shop and some issues have arisen that may keep this from happening until a bit later in the year. I've already spoken to the owner of the Lake House Tavern and she's a go whenever I get this together. I'm really trying to get a number of vendors interested so making this happen in April was already a stretch. This will happen but it may need to be after the 500. I'll keep everyone informed. Brew

capt.n.coke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Indy
We should still try to do something for world vaping day. Perhaps we could get some more promotion via that and via CASAA who will promote meetups too.

It's in all Hoosier vapers best interests to get organized and communicate, so when the state ban does perhaps change to include vaping, we are ready.

I know there are way more Hoosier vapers than are in this group so we need to reach out.

Plus it would just be good times!

capt.n.coke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Indy
What I'm thinking is that we might be making this more complicated than it needs to be. We don't need a bunch of vendors organized to come and sell stuff. In fact I think when you add the "vendor factor" it makes it much more difficult to find a location.

We just need vapers to show up to a public place that allows smoking (as much as we don't like analogs and the smell). We wont need to get permission and have a dedicated space etc. Just people with common interests in a common location, talking and sharing ideas.

So I propose we just pick a bar and go. Who knows, maybe some smokers will see us and take an interest ; )

Aside from that, we also need a way to reach out to all the hoosier vapers that aren't in this group. As much as I love Mike and the vapor shop, he/it doesn't seem to be in the business of organizing (consumer) events. One idea I had for this is to actually start a "Hooser Vapers Club" of some sort and bring up a website for it. Then that gives us something specific to promote and point people to. From there we can all use facebook, email, word of mouth etc. and try to build a "tribe" (see Amazon.com: Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us (9781591842330): Seth Godin: Books for what I mean by tribe). Being a long-time IT guy, I'm willing to spring for the domain, hosting (I already have it) and the coding work.

Grandiose idea? Perhaps. But with the current state of affairs in vaping, apathy is our worst enemy.

If I'm off-base here, or just a total nut-job, let me know. I'm open to any suggestions.

-C

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Capt, I like the cut of your jib. That sounds like a great idea to me.

The only places I know of that allow smoking are in Kokomo and one in Walton. (Foxes Den in Walton has a great smelt basket and prime rib, but I degress.)

I have been trying to, not very good at remembering or getting responses, of sending an ECF friend request to those I see that have Indiana in their location field, so that is another method of getting the word out...PM's for those that don't check in often.

Count me in and let me know how I can help. I don't really care if your a nut-job or completely unlike myself.

ETA: First meeting proposal, brainstorm club name... (Gives folks a reason to talks to strangers other than asking about PV setups.)

capt.n.coke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Indy
You can still smoke in many Marion county bars, so I'm sure that we can find one.

Yes Hoosier, reaching out to those on ECF with Indiana as their location is a good method too.

Some ideas/topics for a first meeting I have for a Hoosier Vapers Club would be:

Name - and consider it's .com availability
Mission - What are we actually doing here and why should others join us? (off the top of my head... To communicate and organize with other local vapers, to rally on legal issues, to reach out to smokers and just let them know that such things as ecigs exist (this could be contraversial, but personally I am so thankful that my neighbor gave me that first toot from his eGo), and so on....
Member organization (like do we have leaders, organizers, etc. which may be too formal, but...)
Meeting times - with the longer drives that some folks would have, perhaps weekends are best?

How about I just feel this out....

Which side of Indy is best? North? South? East? West? Long term we could even rotate around so folks who live further away don't get hosed each time.

-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread