Overcharged batteries burning out cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
So I've noticed that sometimes if I take a freshly charged batt from the pack and continue to charge it in the usb charger it will charge for another 15 min or so.

Then I have also noticed lately that any freshly charged batt from the usb charger (meaning it doesn't matter if I charged it in the pack first or just the usb charger) seems to instantly burn out my carto regardless of how fresh it is.

This is really frustrating as I've lost about 6 cartos in the past three days due to this issue that still seems illusive to me.

If blus aren't regulated voltage wise this makes sense..
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
Seems to happen with any freshly charged battery now. Wondering if its a malfunction but I think its both batterys. They still produce a ton of vapor but the inhale just burns. The burn goes away after like ten hits but the burnt taste does not. I have now been trying to undercharge the batts and have had some success.

Anyone experience anything like this ever?

radeljack

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
Fredericksburg Texas
Seems to happen with any freshly charged battery now. Wondering if its a malfunction but I think its both batterys. They still produce a ton of vapor but the inhale just burns. The burn goes away after like ten hits but the burnt taste does not. I have now been trying to undercharge the batts and have had some success.

Anyone experience anything like this ever?

Could it be the cartos and not the battery? Not very techie but are you using low resistance cartos?

stahrman

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
ohio
I doubt that having a good charged battery has anything to do with burning out cartos? Must have gotten a bad batch of them? Basicly you have an atomizer built in the cartidge with cotton soaked juice. A strong batt would just give you better vapor without drawing as long? My guess is that your cartos are dried up? You can call Blu cust. service and they may have you send them back and either give you credit or send you more cartos? Won't hurt to give it a try! Good luck...lol.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
It actually was the battery. These were brand new cartos. It seems they were getting too much power causing them to burn hotter. I know it sounds strange but I got a brand new battery and it worked fine. My other battery will make it taste burnt (and be burnt-opened carto to check) unless you wear it down a bit before actually trying to use it. I found success by pulling it off the charger early. And then after a while of undercharging them they seemed to perform fine even on a full charge. So I have no idea exactly what happened, but those cartos were not dry for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread