Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
This is my beast of my Ecig mods . I call it the STR8TEK VV . It has almost everything you could ask for . 6A VV Stacked 18650 solid and good looking Bottom feeder . Im in LOVE with this one .

Features/Parts:

4"x2"x1" custom case painted and overlaid with Carbon fiber - Inside the case is reinforced with heavy duty copper clad which doubles as PCB's to make connections throughout the case . Its shorter than a provari (very slightly taller than a reo because of the drip well) , same thickness as the reo and 1/2" wider than a reo .
-TI PTR08100 6A VV chip with 2 100uf 16v tantalum smd caps (3.7-6v)
- Etched PCB for the 08100 componants
- PTC fuse
- Expensive 16.00 NKK LP01 illuminated custom Push button (optioned out!).This switch is no joke . By far the smoothest best feeling switch my fingers have ever touched . Well worth the money .Id pay double . Not even close to the feel of your ordanry switches which is what makes the high price .IMO the best switch on the planet.I know going overboard but well worth a paragraph of compliments
- Polished brass drip well with stainless feed post
- Phillips Lumiled 70 ma Red LEDs for bottle illumination
- Custom made cover that goes over the circuitry to give a finished look inside the case .
-Clip on front cover with squonk hole .
-2 18650 batts
-6ml bottle . The bottle fits so good it actually clips in so no flapping around when shaking it .

All in all this mod looks awesome and functions like no other . The button actually makes me giggle with pleasure every time i push it . I dont think it could have came out any better . No guys i wont sell this one so dont ask .I would trade it for a GGTS .I will keep this one forever i think . I may sell my Reo now though . Although its a plastic case this mod feels just as solid as the REO grand since its reinforced with copper clad . Its not much bigger than a Reo grand either and fits in my hand perfectly . The 18650's is also a nice upgrade from my Bugatti mod

VIdeo posted below of this wonderful button and mod . I went a little overboard with pics too . Sorry for all the enthusiasm lol . I just love this thing .

Str8V8ping's STR8TEK VV 6A Bottomfeeding mod - YouTube

dyst.jpg

dy7.jpg

dy8.jpg

Dy1.jpg

dy12.jpg

dy11.jpg

dy10.jpg

Dy3.jpg

dy2.jpg

dy22.jpg

dy21.jpg

dy20.jpg

dystrt.jpg

dy19.jpg

dy18.jpg

dy17.jpg

dy16.jpg

dy15.jpg

dy14.jpg

Dystr.jpg

dy6.jpg

dy4.jpg

dy5.jpg

dy03.jpg

dy02.jpg

Dy01.jpg

One think thats not in the pics is the tick marks for voltages around the pot. I made the tick after taking the pics so voltage changing is simple . Btw the camera throws off the LED color a bit .The LEDs are sharp red in real life .

As usual , leave some feedback . Happy to hear what you think :)

:blush:

:vapor:

:p

:2cool:

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Nice job St8 I likey man looks great, feel free to send me one OK ,, Hahahahha, Only thing I would like the one your gonna build for me is for it to have an SS catch cup OK, Oh ya and a blue LED please too, I LOVE that switch Bro ! make me one up, purty please

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Sweet Str8.....very executive looking. I bet all the chicks will be wanting to give it a squonk!! ;)

Is that actual carbon fiber or the laminate you can buy? How is it to work with and bond to the case?

You can always add a DIP switch to control if you want the LED's on or off...or which ones on or off if you get the 2 or 3 pole switches.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Sweet Str8.....very executive looking. I bet all the chicks will be wanting to give it a squonk!! ;)

Is that actual carbon fiber or the laminate you can buy? How is it to work with and bond to the case?

You can always add a DIP switch to control if you want the LED's on or off...or which ones on or off if you get the 2 or 3 pole switches.

lol Thanks . The Carbon is 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber Dinoc . Its a real looking adhesive backed carbon fiber vinyl . Its mostly used in the automotive world .Tough stuff . Yes i could always add dip switched for the LEDs (have plenty of em ). WOuld be a 2 min change . I work in LEDs for a living so its only right that i have some nice LEDs on my mods lol .

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
lol Thanks . The Carbon is 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber Dinoc . Its a real looking adhesive backed carbon fiber vinyl . Its mostly used in the automotive world .Tough stuff . Yes i could always add dip switched for the LEDs (have plenty of em ). WOuld be a 2 min change . I work in LEDs for a living so its only right that i have some nice LEDs on my mods lol .

Cool...I have had my eye on that stuff for some time now but never get around to getting some..it does look authentic. Thanks!

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Cool...I have had my eye on that stuff for some time now but never get around to getting some..it does look authentic. Thanks!

It mainly used for automotive . I work in automotive so i always have some laying around from interior wraps and doing hoods,roofs and trunks . It is super durable and does look like real carbon . As you can see in the video it has texture and colorshifting properties like real carbon .

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Thanks guys . Iv been vaping on this for a few days and it by far blows away my reo in functionality and performance . For some reason it feeds better then my Reo too . I work in electronics and have used tons of different push switches in my time and nothing comes even remotly close to the quality and feel of this button . Its like butter . Its sooo soft but also really solid . I dont know how to explain it . It has resistance to the touch but when you press on it ,it like sucks itself down with no resistance . Most switches have a little play or movement but not this one . You cant like press it a little bit .Its either on or off .The concave also fits your finger perfectly . It is welllllll worth 16.00 .

Heres some info on the switch
Short Body Pushbutton Switches
Illuminated/Nonilluminated
Environmentally friendly components and packaging materials meet RoHS Directive restricting use of hazardous materials. Suited for lead-free soldering because of heat resistant resin materials.

Smooth, slightly concave surface of cap designed to fit fingertip. Unique design and construction of cap prevents its removal and limits tampering.

Bright LED illumination in choice of red, green, or amber through translucent white cap.

Short body of .551" (14.0mm) conserves behind-panel space.

Combination solder lug and .110" quick connect terminals are epoxy sealed to lock out flux, dust, solvents, and other contaminants.

Crisp actuation and clear circuit status provided by snap action contact mechanism. Arc barrier between movable contacts protects against crossover.

hh-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread