Best DIY Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
Your gonna want PG and VG to mix with. Most mixes are gonna be around 70-30 PG/VG. PG carries flaver better than VG and VG gives you more vapor so a nice blend is always best. You dont really need a kit per say but that place has decent ones. The basics you need is fairly simple.

I would grab 120mls of both PG and VG, a couple 5ml syringes and a couple 1ml syringes(can use pipettes if ya want but for me the syringes work better), buy atleast 5 empty 5ml plastic bottles(preferably the soft plastic not the hard clear ones but the cloudy) and 5 10ml empty bottles and one or two empty 30ml bottles. Go buy a half pint of everclear if you can in your state or something clear and 150 proof or higher and a gallon of distilled water from the store. The alcohol is good for thinning and adding throat hit if you want it and the water can thin as well if you dont want the TH.

Other than that its just down to the different flavors you want to try. If you go with a kit just make sure to get PG and VG as youll want both. I tend to use more PG than VG so if you get into DIY you can usually go to the local tractor supply and buy a gallon of PG for $20 which is way cheaper than PG online from ecig shops and it will last ya a year.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and hope this helps. That list I put up isnt as scary as it looks but just be prepared to waste several batches hehe.

EDIT: for the syringes make sure to get a fairly large 14ga blunt tip for mixing as VG is very thick and it makes life easier. Waiting 2 minutes to get VG in a syringe cuz you got a 20-22 ga tip sucks hehe

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I recommend the following so you will able to make thin high-PG juices that work well in all vaping methods:

Nicotine in PG
either base liquid
and ADD to your order the other base liquid

so you end up with nicotine in PG, plain PG and plain VG

Personally I would want a bigger bottle of PG than VG. I tend to like 80PG/20VG juices in cartomizers.

I like OneStopDIYShop (and their pricing/shipping always seems cheaper, and they've said they carry only safe-to-vape flavors) but DIYFlavorShack also has a lot of fans.

I also use Perfumer's Apprentice's own site for flavors - good descriptions of each and they warn which are for cosmetic or food use only (not safe to vape). And for tobacco flavors, Liberty-Flights.com has small bottles of Flavourart flavors and I think the flavoring bottles at FreedomSmokeUSA.com are larger and more expensive.

There are some other flavor suppliers but the only other one I've bought from is Capellas (their flavor drops) at the Capellas site. They have said their flavors have no diacetyl so their Vanilla Custard flavor is safe and supposed to be good. I also got their Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Well speaking of bang for the buck I buy gallons of PG at Tractor Supply for $20 and syringes there are inexpensive. Walmarts has VG for $3 plus change and eye droppers for cheap. I second what dormouse suggests on flavorings, and Liberty Flights has bottles with dropper tops for 50 cents or less. You can't beat RTS Vapes for quality nic. :)

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I've been vaping for some time now, and I think I would like to try making my own liquid.

Can someone tell me where's the best place to buy a kit?

Preferably, a kit with the most bang for my buck.

Thanks!

BTW if you haven't already, be sure & check out the forum section here on DIY liquids, lots of useful info on there. Also if you don't have a good e-juice calculator (or if you haven't seen this page), check this out: DIY E-Liquid (E-Juice) Mixing Station! stuff like this can make it all a lot simpler. Happy mixing/vaping! :toast:

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
BTW if you haven't already, be sure & check out the forum section here on DIY liquids, lots of useful info on there. Also if you don't have a good e-juice calculator (or if you haven't seen this page), check this out: DIY E-Liquid (E-Juice) Mixing Station! stuff like this can make it all a lot simpler. Happy mixing/vaping! :toast:

Couldn't agree more. I use this calculator from that site E-Liquid Recipe Mixing Calculator It gives you cost per ml too. It's also a great way to store my recipes in my favorites, and there's nothing to download.

Last edited:

CB-Drip

Jan 30, 2012
Texas
You might wanna try some flavorings from Totally Wicked as well. They are a bit more expensive but i think its worth it. I love red bull(ish) e-juice and they have the best concentrate of that BY FAR. Ive wasted alot finding flavors i really like so be prepared for failure. Test in 1-2ml batches (any smaller its tough to get a true mix flavor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread