Experience with Capsicum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I have some of this coming in my next order. I know this store down the road sells some sort of chili pepper seasoning that you sprinkle on fruit, so I was thinking of trying something like a melon with some capsicum (I like fruit and menthol, so doesn't seem like too big of a stretch). Has anyone used this before? What sort of flavors does it work well with?

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-supp...ives-c-43_51/capsicum-heat-select-size-p-1071

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I have some of this coming in my next order. I know this store down the road sells some sort of chili pepper seasoning that you sprinkle on fruit, so I was thinking of trying something like a melon with some capsicum (I like fruit and menthol, so doesn't seem like too big of a stretch). Has anyone used this before? What sort of flavors does it work well with?

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-supp...ives-c-43_51/capsicum-heat-select-size-p-1071

I haven't tried it, but since no one's replied so far and I do have some experience with capsicum in general...
It really isn't a flavor, but the ingredient in any hot pepper that makes it hot. So....I would think it would be more a 'feeling' like koolada than a flavoring, thus it could be mixed with any flavor. It would give a hot (read burning!) effect whereas the koolada is cool.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I haven't tried it, but since no one's replied so far and I do have some experience with capsicum in general...
It really isn't a flavor, but the ingredient in any hot pepper that makes it hot. So....I would think it would be more a 'feeling' like koolada than a flavoring, thus it could be mixed with any flavor. It would give a hot (read burning!) effect whereas the koolada is cool.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I think it could be neat to have some "hot" fruit flavors!

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
My Mexican neighbourg brought that spice thing to sprinkle on fruits, we tried on melon, cantaloup ect.. was frikkin good, the only bad part was the "exhaust" the morning after.... sweet Jesus! hope the vaping variation doesn;t produce the same effect!

Maybe I should add a drop of Beano to my ejuice! :laugh:

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
As an diehard chili fan, the hotness from the sprinkles they put on fruit(available in the fruit isle here) didn't give you gas. Lol

I have a bottle of pure cap in front of me. The color is an amber color and one drop will light you up. Lol

The effect of.inhaling cap has some medicinal values but be warned it can effect some negatively. You will have to Google that one as I am on my phone and can't supply a link.

custom signature goes here___________________ :)

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
As an diehard chili fan, the hotness from the sprinkles they put on fruit(available in the fruit isle here) didn't give you gas. Lol

I have a bottle of pure cap in front of me. The color is an amber color and one drop will light you up. Lol

The effect of.inhaling cap has some medicinal values but be warned it can effect some negatively. You will have to Google that one as I am on my phone and can't supply a link.

custom signature goes here___________________ :)

I know some people are more sensitive to it than others, but I'm a bit of a chili head myself (my western omlette isn't a western omlet until it's orange with Tabasco), so my body should be accepting of it. I'll still exercise caution!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
It has been done a number of times and there are videos. Never seen anyone get close to needing medical attention.

Done or not / this type of use may work OK for some, but the risk of a reaction is certainly higher in others .. advocating a topical medication ingredient is a bad idea .. and a much higher likelyhood of problems ... what's next .. ?? Ben-Gay .. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread