How long do your coils on the Ody last ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steliosak

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Kapandriti , Hellas
Hi everyone

All the coils I make on the Ody last between 4 - 7 days before I have to change them (They get to gunked up or the flavour is not right)

The one I currently has however is now at day 17 and still going strong.

I really don't know why . The resitance / wick are from the same stock.

What is everybodies experience on this ?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I made up 30 wick/coils all at once and twisted the one NR end around small finish nails and have 3 different ohm ratings with 10 in each group around 3 finish nails and have them hanging all on a board. when I want one it is there and no need to have to worry about making one up, it's ready :2cool: Did the same with 325 & 400 SS Mesh for Genesis type Atty's seems to work great and be extra convenient for me. :2cool:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Mine last a good week too...but seems to always pop or go barely working (gunked) whe I am at work...grrrrrr

I should get on with the program and make a new one every 3-4 days or so and be done with that

God knows I got enough wick and wire to do that for a loooong time anyways

I might add in tank mode I use clearest tobacco juices I have. If I used sweet juices like BWB malty toffee my coils gunk quicker.

critterbug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Herein, VA
I might add in tank mode I use clearest tobacco juices I have. If I used sweet juices like BWB malty toffee my coils gunk quicker.

I'm thinking that the biggest factor is juice, too. I vape sweet, dark juices and they were hell on atomizers. On the Ody, I replace my wick every 2-3 days to maintain good flavor and vapor.

As a side note, changing the wick every couple of days is easily worthwhile to vape a good juice. I've thought about looking for a clear juice, but the amount of unwanted juice I have stockpiled is painful.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
As a side note, changing the wick every couple of days is easily worthwhile to vape a good juice. I've thought about looking for a clear juice, but the amount of unwanted juice I have stockpiled is painful.

yeah,I like this one and that one too...it rapidly amount to having 2 dozen of 30ml bottles waiting to be vaped :laugh:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
So far I've only popped one coil, the rest I tore down because I felt like making a whole different setup, so can't really say how long they would have lasted. My current one is my longest running, about a week old and have filled the "big" mode tank 5 times, probably vaped about 30ml of juice so far. Still putting all of my cartos to shame, too :) Using a light-colored juice, though.

Yakster

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Australia

Yup..
Same here..
A dark juice like coffee/chocolate lasts 3-4 days.
A clear juice like sour apple/kiwi etc lasts about 2 weeks..
Yak.
Yak, Bright, Early <-- Pick any TWO!!

steliosak

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Kapandriti , Hellas
19 days and still going strong . I just can't believe it !

2.6 Ohm with 3.7 V

I have gone thru a variety of DIY juices all 50/50 PG/VG all Flavourart flavours (Espresso,Dessert Ship,Caramel,Strawberry,Green Apple, Vape Wizard,Mellow Sunset) - not all together of course

No gunking of the coil and not a hint of burned taste , clear strong flavour:)

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Typically I do a dry burn every night to have a fresh vape the next day. Unfortunately I use primarily dark sweet juices so my coil gets gunked in only a day of vaping. I'm finding that in big mode my coil is so gunked towards the end of the juice, 1-2 mils left, that the taste is off and starting to taste burnt. I really only need a medium tank, not the tall tank. Short mode is just a little too short and tall mode is just a little too tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread