What is the difference between PG and VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have been vaping for about a year now, but just recently have started looking elsewhere for my juice. I had been buying them from a kiosk in the mall and have been paying an arm and a leg for them. ($24.99 for 15 ML) I was wondering what the difference from a primarily PG base liquid is compared to a VG base liquid??? I noticed that the bottles I bought from the mall where thicker then the new bottle I just ordered from the internet. Please help me.....

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
VG - Vegetable Glycerin heavier, smooths juice, increase vapor, less TH
PG- Proplyene glycol Thinner, increase TH, may be harsh to some

Maybe juice vendors recommend 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg. Not too thick and you get vapor production and throat hit. But it's very individual. Best to try different ratio's and see what's best for you.

Thank you so much. I have been looking for suppliers and new flavors to try. :) Been stuck on the Atomic Fireball, it's been the only flavor that has kept me from smoking analogs.

VG - Vegetable Glycerin heavier, smooths juice, increase vapor, less TH
PG- Proplyene glycol Thinner, increase TH, may be harsh to some

Maybe juice vendors recommend 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg. Not too thick and you get vapor production and throat hit. But it's very individual. Best to try different ratio's and see what's best for you.

howlinwolf

Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Shilo,Manitoba,Canada
Hi there, Well i'm new to this , but as far as i know the vg is thicker than vg some mixes are 70/30 pg/vg or 50/50 pg/vg or any kind of configuration you like i suppose, kind of depends on your setup that your using. Tanks as a rule prefer thinner liguid from what i've read here so far, i'm sure someone with a lot more know how will chime in on this for you. Hope this helped you out a bit. Cheer's

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thank you so much. I have been looking for suppliers and new flavors to try. :) Been stuck on the Atomic Fireball, it's been the only flavor that has kept me from smoking analogs.

That'll do it!

I also like Vapor Bomb Fire n Ice. You get the cinnabomb (probably like atomic fireball) and cool menthol on exhale.

http://www.vaporbomb.com/Mutts-Fire-n-Ice-VBmutt.htm

Try the code ecf - I think you'll get 5% off.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
A lot of vendors can do custom mixes for you, as well. Something else to be mindful of is that, even if you don't have an initial reaction to PG, it can have a slow onset and you can develop a reaction to it. I've read a LOT of threads of people having problems with it.

In addition, I've been doing my own research as to the toxicity of PG and, although I've been sticking to 100%VG juices, just because I like the smooth finish, I doubt I will ever use a PG heavy liquid again.

Very true. I paid $200, for ONE Joye Ego and one bottle of juice. I am so glad I found other places to get it online since my mall ego died 6 months after I bought it and they carry no warranty at all. :-( Ended up going back to analogs for awhile. Now I have 2 egos and am in the process of ordering 2 more. :)

Unfortunately that is the price you pay for the convienence of getting anything out of a mall KIOSK!!!

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Very true. I paid $200, for ONE Joye Ego and one bottle of juice. I am so glad I found other places to get it online since my mall ego died 6 months after I bought it and they carry no warranty at all. :-( Ended up going back to analogs for awhile. Now I have 2 egos and am in the process of ordering 2 more. :)

$200, were these guys wearing black masks?

You might try John at this place:

High Desert Ecigs - Age Verification

He's in the Albuquerque area and has helped my wife and I with finding good juice(s) and has helped us save a gob of money replacing our failing eGo T and C mistakes, but we were newbies and didn't know better.

He's been most helpful over the phone and e-mail.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
24.99 for 15ML is expensive, you should betting 35ML for that price

Even $24.99 for 35ml is ridiculously expensive.
There are a lot of good juice vendors, some more expensive than others. You can buy Chinese juice for fairly cheap, but I find that a lot of them are crappy. I really like BlueMist vaping. They have over 250 juices and really cheap prices, $5 for 10ml, $10 for 30ml. All their juices are made fresh and you can get them in either 80PG/20VG or 100%VG (I recommend 80/20). They have sample packs which I highly recommend you get and they let you pick your own juices for a sample pack. Get a few of the 3ml sample packs and you can try a bunch of different juices for cheap. They also offer extra flavor shots for .50cents more. They have some really good juices and their all hand-made in PA, plus they ship really fast. And if you find a juice you really like, you can get a 180ml bottle for only $30, which is dirt cheap and an awesome deal. From them you could get a 180ml bottle for only alittle more than you were paying for 15ml from the mall kiosk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread