What's your long lasting Dual Cartomizer you ever had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Electrical resistance

Precisely!
Cartomizers are available in a number of resistances from 1.25 ohms up to 4 or 5 ohms and fractions in between. All will behave differently at the same voltage (obviously) and some will behave differently at different voltages even though the energy consumption (in watts) is the same.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
It took me a while when I first started vaping that resistance and air draw/tightness were completely different things :). I have found that the ego mega dual coil cartomizer has a slightly tight draw, and it's resistance is 1.5 ohms. They last me about 2 or 3 weeks, and are around 3 dollars, so it's pretty worth it to me.

I also am hooked on the EMDCC but I only get about four days out of them before they gum up even though I do the paperclip thing. So what's your secret? What kind of juice do you use? I use peppermint and it's not real dark.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The juice you use is the biggest variable in my opinion. I use Smoktech XL dual coil stainless 1.5 ohm cartos and get more than a month of daily use at about 1ml/day with Halo Menthol Ice. With thicker and/or darker juices the same carto gets too tight within a couple days and even with cleaning only lasts a couple weeks. I think with any filler-based carto you've got to stick with thinner juices to get maximum life.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dark or thick juices greatly reduce the life of a carto. The coil is the last thing to go. Filler doesn't like thick juices. I find that 100% PG will make a carto last until the taste just begins to go from the coil becoming insulated with dried on juice.

I don't push cartos. When the taste begins to wane or the draw is tight and a paper clip won't open up the air tube, it goes into the trash. I'm a Boge 2.0 carto guy basically, but I've been playing with SS DC cartos lately. They are great right out of the wrapper, but tend to lose flavor and vapor after about 5 days, even with all PG clear juices. If I get a week out of a $2 carto, I'm good and it goes into the trash. I don't see the value in cleaning them after the filler gets a touch of scorch.

If cost is a concern, then there are big discounts in bulk purchases. You just have to decide which one you want to live with enough to buy a box of 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread