Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Been vaping for almost 9 months now and at the beginning of my vaping "career" I immediately took to atomizer - I've tried cartomizers (DCs and Horizontals) and within minutes of using them I can feel my chest tightening up and I have a hard time breathing. There's no way it's the juice (flavorless :) ) and there's no way it's the mix because I've never had any issues with atomizers.

I'm thinking it's the polyfill that's doing it for me because I didn't have any issues with clearomizers. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Better yet has anyone had a similar issue and found a carto that works for you?

curlyballs

Feb 3, 2012
Canada
This is interesting, because I've mainly used carts in the 2 months I've been vaping. I bought an EGO-T kit but only used it for a day, cause it sucks, lol.

Anyhow, I sometimes get a "heavy" chest feeling, and rarely some chest pain. Also if I vape too much my pulse does funny things. Don't worry, I have a check-up appointment today, and will talk to the doc about it :)

Once they're in stock, I'm going to buy some Vision Star Dust tanks. This should be interesting because there's only a wick and coil, no filler. I've also gone to a higher VG juice, because PG dries me out so much.

So anyway, I'll post back in this thread when I've experimented with the star dusts. I think just for kicks I'll buy a regular drip atomizer too.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
This is interesting, because I've mainly used carts in the 2 months I've been vaping. I bought an EGO-T kit but only used it for a day, cause it sucks, lol.

Anyhow, I sometimes get a "heavy" chest feeling, and rarely some chest pain. Also if I vape too much my pulse does funny things. Don't worry, I have a check-up appointment today, and will talk to the doc about it :)

Once they're in stock, I'm going to buy some Vision Star Dust tanks. This should be interesting because there's only a wick and coil, no filler. I've also gone to a higher VG juice, because PG dries me out so much.

So anyway, I'll post back in this thread when I've experimented with the star dusts. I think just for kicks I'll buy a regular drip atomizer too.

Give these a try over the Stardust. Reviews: RIVA-T TANK - $4.99 : Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52
I was completely unimpressed with the Stardust. Another hyped up product that looks way better than it is. (imho:p)

Never had that experience with filler before and I'm sensitive to everything! But you're not the first person to bring it up.

fcitrolo

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
T.O.
Phil,

I've been vaping for a little over a year now and I drip most of the time because I found cartos tightened up my chest, gave me a tickling feeling in the throat and lungs and make me feel short of breath.

Since I have the luxury of working from home I drip but when I am out and about I use SmokelessImage cartos.

I have found that they are the only ones that do not give me that tightness or heavy feeling you are describing.

As well the Fluxomizers and Stardust from GotVapes work great for me without the issues but my only complaint is, I go through a lot more juice.

So you're not alone Bro!

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Glad to hear it - I've gotten used to dripping that whether I'm at home, at work or on the road I can drip without even shifting my attention from what I'm doing :) but on certain occasions the luxury and convenience of a cartomizer would certainly be appreciated.

I'll give the SmokelessImage cartos a try, although I think they're just standard horizontal coil 808s no?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just a friendly reminder to never ignore cardiac or respiratory symptoms and assume "it must be something about the vape." Lot of us here, that have managed to do a lot of damage, by smoking for decades. It all just doesn't go away overnight when you quit smoking. Seek medical input if there is ever any question about symptoms involving chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.

fcitrolo

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
T.O.
Just a friendly reminder to never ignore cardiac or respiratory symptoms and assume "it must be something about the vape." Lot of us here, that have managed to do a lot of damage, by smoking for decades. It all just doesn't go away overnight when you quit smoking. Seek medical input if there is ever any question about symptoms involving chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.

I agree with you Rick.

I have been checked out - ecg, copd, chest x-ray, ct-scans all clear. (thank the Lord)

Since quitting smoking asthma and allergies have kicked in, along with anxiety, all within the last 5 months.

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA
Been vaping for almost 9 months now and at the beginning of my vaping "career" I immediately took to atomizer - I've tried cartomizers (DCs and Horizontals) and within minutes of using them I can feel my chest tightening up and I have a hard time breathing. There's no way it's the juice (flavorless :) ) and there's no way it's the mix because I've never had any issues with atomizers.

I'm thinking it's the polyfill that's doing it for me because I didn't have any issues with clearomizers. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Better yet has anyone had a similar issue and found a carto that works for you?

I agree with you Rick.

I have been checked out - ecg, copd, chest x-ray, ct-scans all clear. (thank the Lord)

Since quitting smoking asthma and allergies have kicked in, along with anxiety, all within the last 5 months.

Very interesting, at times I too get a heavy chest feeling. I'm all over the place with the juice, atties & cartos, so I haven't figured out what causes it. I was thinking it was my PG/VP ratio. Now I'll be more aware of the hardware I'm using when it happens.

How much do you folks vape in a day? I used to foolishly chain vape. Obviously, not the best idea. I've cut back to a max of 3.5 ml a day and my problems have been eliminated. I use Fluxos mostly (sometimes Ego-T) , a 60/30/10 PG/VG/H2O distilled mix, 5-7% clear flavours with no other additives, and 12mg nic.

curlyballs

Feb 3, 2012
Canada
Once some Vision Ego Clearomizers (Star Dust) are in stock, they will be my next purchase.

What I'm doing though is also buying some wick and atomizer coil wire:

Atomizer Glassfibre Wick - 5pcs
Atomizer Heating Coils - 5 pcs

This wire is 0.98 ohm per mm, so using a 21mm length coil, the ohm rating will be around 2.058. I think this will work pretty well with my EGO 1000mAh battery. Also, I can increase the length of the wick and wrap it around the center tube for better wicking.

I'm not huge into modding but I'm doing this because I've seen some youtube videos and it looks pretty easy to do.

I haven't used my EMDCC since I last posted and I'm feeling a huge difference. Kangers were better but still not 100%. Now I'm using the ego-t system temporarily until I can get these new tanks, as I want to stay away from any poly-fill garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread