Only RIVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2009
Hamlin, New York, USA
I keep reading about all these new Ego's and Tornados and such. I just dont get all the hype.

I get my Riva kits from Liberty Flights for about $35 which comes with 2 full ecigs. They are about as long as a traditional cigarette but just a little thicker. Now I'll admit the included attys arent that great but the Riva batteries last me more than a day each when fully charged. Dont get me wrong, the included attys work, they just seem to die a little quicker than the genuine Joyes do. I use both Joye 510 attys and Dual Coil cartos on these batteries and they both work great. For $35 - 2 full RIVAS,10 empty carts, USB charge and ac adapter - its a pretty good deal.

Ive been vaping for 3 years now and these Rivas have MORE than fit the bill. Ive had a couple of batteries that have lasted me over a year of constant vaping - thats no lie. Im not sure what the standard MAH is on these things but its more than enough for me.

If I had any complaints at all about the RIVA it would be that I wish the button was a little more recessed as sometimes if I put it in my jacket pocket along with my keys it has activated while sitting down.

To each his own...but if you want an e-cig that just does what its supposed to and lasts much longer than a traditional 510...I dont think you will find anything at a better price/value than a RIVA.

Thanks LF, you have a permanent customer in me.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Thanks for the post! The Riva's are still probably my favorite. I like them with the Single Coil EGO cartos.

Though... I have been leaning towards some of the HV devices lately. I really like the LT with a 3.0 ohm carto, or the 5v EGO E-power, with a DCT!

About your pocket fires.... Currently, the riva kits DO NOT have the ON/OFF feature. I would like to get this implemented soon. I will likely wait for another batch or two to come in, as we could use the stock, and I dont want to extend the lead times.

I just got some new Firefly kits, with 510-T atomizers! These are great! Much better than Joye. The Firefly 510 atties are really good too. I have an order of these on the way. These will supersede the EM brand. They actually use a wider gauge coil, which should offer better performance, and increased lifespan.

Cheers!
Ty

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks for the post! The Riva's are still probably my favorite. I like them with the Single Coil EGO cartos.

Though... I have been leaning towards some of the HV devices lately. I really like the LT with a 3.0 ohm carto, or the 5v EGO E-power, with a DCT!

About your pocket fires.... Currently, the riva kits DO NOT have the ON/OFF feature. I would like to get this implemented soon. I will likely wait for another batch or two to come in, as we could use the stock, and I dont want to extend the lead times.

I just got some new Firefly kits, with 510-T atomizers! These are great! Much better than Joye. The Firefly 510 atties are really good too. I have an order of these on the way. These will supersede the EM brand. They actually use a wider gauge coil, which should offer better performance, and increased lifespan.

Cheers!
Ty

That's weird. Both the Riva 510 and 901 kits that I have purchased from LF in the past month have the 3 click on/off feature.

Anyway, I agree 100% with the OP. Riva is the way to go for a low price, high quality device that delivers, especially when it comes from Liberty Flights. :)

Hiryu

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
USA

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN AND NOTHING HAPPENS!!

*sigh* I got to save me some greenbacks for one of those kits...

Anyway, back on topic. That's what buying a kit is all about: the batteries. After a month or two, even brand new vapers will start using atties, cartos and tanks that were not originally made for their kit. It's just the nature of the beast. We like variety and our likes are varied. Sure, some people do prefer whatever atty or carto came with their kit, but I think it's safe to say those guys and gals are in the minority.

And, in a world where kits are about the batts, very few beat the LF Riva. Specially their new stock of singles. The last ones I got had the 3-click on/off feature. I just like them better than eGo's. It is much more pleasant on the digits when hitting a soft silicone button instead of a hard plastic one.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
That's weird. Both the Riva 510 and 901 kits that I have purchased from LF in the past month have the 3 click on/off feature.

Anyway, I agree 100% with the OP. Riva is the way to go for a low price, high quality device that delivers, especially when it comes from Liberty Flights. :)

Yes. We had some minor changes take place when we switched suppliers. However... These new Riva kits from Smok Tech, are great! I will get the 3-click On/Off added to them... but we really needed to get them stocked at the time, and I didnt want to delay the lead time. The atomizers arent the best.. But I will have more carto kits pretty soon. Since Smok Tech will be making both the batteries and cartos (as before, we had to piece them together from various suppliers), it should make them much easier to keep in stock... and should allow us to offer a bit more variety (ie: something other than just black or steel).

Honestly, the beginning of this year has gotten off to a bit of a slow start. Regardless, by summer we should have a lot of new changes implemented, to not only improve the quality of the products, the the quality of our service as well.

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN AND NOTHING HAPPENS!!

*sigh* I got to save me some greenbacks for one of those kits...

Anyway, back on topic. That's what buying a kit is all about: the batteries. After a month or two, even brand new vapers will start using atties, cartos and tanks that were not originally made for their kit. It's just the nature of the beast. We like variety and our likes are varied. Sure, some people do prefer whatever atty or carto came with their kit, but I think it's safe to say those guys and gals are in the minority.

And, in a world where kits are about the batts, very few beat the LF Riva. Specially their new stock of singles. The last ones I got had the 3-click on/off feature. I just like them better than eGo's. It is much more pleasant on the digits when hitting a soft silicone button instead of a hard plastic one.

:laugh:

they are the same price as the normal firefly kits. they only cost us a little more, but we should be able to drive that down with larger orders. For some reason though... I didnt get spare 510-t atomizers. I have no idea why... but now im thinking i need to buy me a new kit, for the atomizers :blink:

I know what you mean about kits, and atomizers though. Thats why I made the original carto deluxe's way back (credit to Abe for the name). People were buying Riva kits, and a 5/pack of cartos. Im sure the atties and carts ended up in a drawer much of the time ;) and thats why I am getting these firefly 510-T kits in, and i have some Riva XL Carto Deluxe kits in the works... and we now have 5v kits with DCT's... because these are some of the best performing atties and cartos ive found. they are reliable, consistent, and require little fuss or maintenance.

But you're right, in that everyone has their own preferences, and that is why we we offer a wide variety of components, from various manufacturer's. Heck.. we still sell things like 4081, and 801 atties. as soon as stock gets low, i get an email ;) so, my approach is two-fold: first; to provide the best possible experience for new users, in terms of performance, and ease of use, and second; to provide outstanding customer support after sale, including things like variety on the shelf, knowledgeable staff, and product guarantees.

The firefly is the best atty I've used. I do not think that the Joye can touch it. There just well made. Great vapor, good flavor and goes on and on and on. Can't wait for them to arrive. What will these be called?

Probably just Firefly 510-T Atomizers. I would want to indicate they are the same as the 510-T atomizers in the Firefly 510-T kit. I also do not want to disclose the manufacturer. You are welcome to speculate, though I will likely not comment further on the issue. I have built a good relationship with my sales rep, and he's consistently gone above and beyond what I've come to expect from others in a similar position. I personally met the designer of the device, and it was he who pointed out many of the improvements they have made, vs similar products on the market. We have changed suppliers for our most recent supply of Firefly products, and have continued to make improvements. I have invested a lot of my time and effort into this, and will be continuing to offer new and improved products in the future. We have a nice EGO-T style kit about ready to go, and are just awaiting the final samples, before we proceed with the order. The atomizers will give the same great performance some of you have already experienced. The batteries have some other tweaks, that I have mentioned in other threads.

My favorite part though, is that this industry is really getting to the fun part. E-cigs have been around for about 5 or 6 years now. Its not a baby, or a toddler anymore. It can run and jump and talk and play. Just like a kid. I feel very fortunate to be involved in the process. As the years have progressed, the ecig has really evolved, and those evolutions happen much more rapidly nowadays, than ever before. I love that the end-user is the driver force. I love watching the consumer create a demand, and the suppliers struggle to meet it. I love that people are waking up everyday, and making the decision to quit supporting big tobacco.

well... that was a simple question. and may not have warranted such a complex answer. but i am happy i was able to share my thoughts. I know we have had some issues as of late (specifically, stock, quality control, etc), but i also want you to know, these are the issue at the forefront of my mind. i know it has taken some time, and ive had to apologize about this or that more than once. but the time has been spent wisely. ive been laying ground work... tilling the soil, and watering the seeds... springtime is around the corner, and were just about ready to bloom ;)

goodnight,
Ty

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I'm a ProVari user. Wanting to know does RIVA have an 900 or 1000 mAh batt? If so, does it 3 click OFF? And, how much?

Cheers,
otrpu

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

Yes, there is a 900mah available with the Lite Bundle, available in black or steel. $33.99 with coupon code "october20" for 20% off.
It does NOT come with a 3 click on/off, but it might in the future. ImYourSalt addressed that question in post #4 of this thread and touched on it again in post #8.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hello everyone, I'm just getting back into the e-cig scene and trying to decide between the Riva 901 and Firefly. I am a complete noob and don't know very much! I've been reading a lot, but there is still so much info and numbers and parts/names, and it is making it very complicated and confusing for me. I need someone to help me decide!!

What is the difference between these two and do I want a carto or atomizer + carts?

Btw, I only see a Pink bundle for the Riva 901, if I can't get one in a different color I may just get the Firefly, but I might also just wait, depending on which one is better. How long will these carts and atomizers last? How long can I expect the starter kit to last me and if I ever needed to replace things, do I just get new carts/atomizers or do I need new batteries and stuff as well?

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
Well you can't go wrong with a Riva thats for sure. I got my firefly in december and I love it. These are really sturdy and vape really nice. Looks are very sleek. The attys are fantastic. I think the difference would be the way they lite up. It has a ring around the bottom that lites and in the middle at the end. So do you want that much lite. The colors are very pretty and you alway know how much power is left. I'm not to fond of so much lite but it turns into a flash lite with 4 clicks. Now that I love. I'm alway using that. Riva and firefly are both great units just depends on what your looking for.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks for your input simply. Other than the light feature, which do you think is better or is there no noticeable difference?

Also would you recommend the kits with atomizer + cart? (whats a drip tip?)
Or the cartomizer kit?

How much longer do the 900mAh batteries last than the 650mAh?

I can't comment on the Firefly, but I would go with the carto kit. A drip tip is a mouthpiece that attaches to an atty or carto (rubber plug removed). The 900 batt should last 2-4 hours longer than the 650, depending on your vaping habits.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I'll wait to order them after they have the 3 click off feature. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

I don't blame you. I would have passed on my kits if they didn't have the on/off feature. Maybe LF will get some button protectors to go with the new Smoktek Rivas. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
Thanks for your input simply. Other than the light feature, which do you think is better or is there no noticeable difference?

Also would you recommend the kits with atomizer + cart? (whats a drip tip?)
Or the cartomizer kit?

How much longer do the 900mAh batteries last than the 650mAh?

I have always vaped on Riva. You can not beat them. But this firefly has really impressed me. This is one sturdy PV. I've had it 2months now and it runs brand new. So far it is one of the best batts out there. Like I said it depends on if you want the lite up at the end. This is also a 4 click batt. 4 clicks the atomizer turns off. and you then can use the flash lite. I can't help you on the cart's. I only drip. Dripping is when you drip on the mesh inside of the atty. You use a drip tip which has a hole at the top of it then drop the liquid in. I got the 900mah's and they last me about 8 to 10 hours. I am a very very heavy vaper , it never leaves my hand. 600mah's only last me 5 to 6 hours. If you vape normaly I would think this could last a full day or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread