Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
i have put the bottles on electric baseboard heaters ,,and used coffee cup warmers also,,with the warmers you have to watch it,some bottles can't handle the heat,so maybe put in a cup of water on the warmer

I don't have either of those, would you suggest letting the bottle sit in a glass or mug of hot water?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I hate waiting to try my juices... :p

Why wait? It may not need steeping.

If I need a quick steep it is just a cup of hot tap water and I plop the bottle in. Take it out every now and then to shake it. When the whole thing cools to room temp it's about equal to a week of steeping.

The breathe, leaving the cap off, I usually only works for juice that has alcohol based flavorings for me and it can do things I don't like to tobacco flavors.

AdrenalinnRush

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Eugene, Oregon
I got a shipment from rockarvapor.com and it was extremely perfumey. So much that it wasn't vapable. I'm letting them steep a couple weeks before i try it again. It's been one week and the smell is 10x better. I just got another shipment (same flavors) from rockstar and am going to try various quick steeping operations to try to match the flavor too the week old ones. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I got a shipment from rockarvapor.com and it was extremely perfumey. So much that it wasn't vapable. I'm letting them steep a couple weeks before i try it again. It's been one week and the smell is 10x better. I just got another shipment (same flavors) from rockstar and am going to try various quick steeping operations to try to match the flavor too the week old ones. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks! I'm eager to hear your results!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Ok so I got my sample pack today of new ejuices. Of course because I don't have the patience to wait I filled my sink with hot water and dropped in the vanilla cupcake because it didn't have much of a scent. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and pulled it out and then the smell was just like vanilla cupcake!

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Ok so I got my sample pack today of new ejuices. Of course because I don't have the patience to wait I filled my sink with hot water and dropped in the vanilla cupcake because it didn't have much of a scent. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and pulled it out and then the smell was just like vanilla cupcake!

I tried it with some juice that was good in a prefilled cart. Its giving me a headache though so I hope I didn't hurt the juice. :(

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I steep my DIY juices in, ironically, an ashtray. It has walls high enough to go about halfway up a 30ml bottle, with little cutouts along the edge to hold butts. I put this ashtray directly under a hot dribbling tap and put my bottles in it. I let it sit under the hot tap like this for about an hour, shaking them up every 15 minutes or so. The cutouts let the water dribble out the sides without the whole thing overflowing.

It definitely helps accelerate the steeping process, especially with tobacco flavors.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I put hot water from the faucet in a measuring cup and then run that in a microwave for 60 seconds. Then I drop my bottles of juice in there and leave them there until the water cools off. I use a 50/50 mix and when I first mix it up and shake it you can see the streaks of VG in it. After sitting in the hot water, the juice comes out clear, with no streaking. Just helps to get my vg mixed in with the rest of it better.

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
I put mine one a router. Its warm, but not too hot, and IF the flavor has unpleasant smell, I open the bottle and on a router they have decent airflow.
Its a slower method than tossing them in a hot/warm water, but forcing things too fast might yield unwanted results.
Basically heat gives energy to the molecules, and they run around the bottle hitting each other, and mixing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread