Hi Everyone...newbie begging for assistance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Happy Sunday Morning!

I (DESPERATELY) need some help from those of you who have more experience than I...as it is, I have read, and read and read this forum and still feel unsure what to get at this point.:(

I started out with a regular e-cig. (21st century, gas station etc...) Naturally, I quickly became frustrated :mad:with it. *sigh* So, I bought a Vapor King Storm. (aka 510.) At first I was EXTREMELY PLEASED:vapor:. Now, not so much.:evil: I'm having problems with inconsistent/not enough vapor, attys clog/wear out, plus I seem to be having a &*!@ reaction to the PG. In short, I am going to buy something else. (I have already addressed the PG sensitivity issue by ordering VG only juice.)

Mind you, I smoked analogs for 20 years. I am so frustrated that I am ready to go back.:(

I'm thinking of going with either a mod or, is there a 510 that can use a tank system AND a clearomizor AND cartos? That way If I hate the atomizor, I can use to other options? I need something I can refill with my juice that gives ME CONSISTANT VAPOR that I dont have to constantly replace!!!! Lots of vapor!!!I would love dual coils! And if you have links to the products I would love that tooo! PLEASE give me input.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Hugs!

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
Good Morning Andrea :)

I have been very happy with my KgO kit.. from Hoosierecig
With the 510 connection on top, it works well with the appropriate tank, clearomizors, and cartomizers..

( Great Customer service from Brent at Hoosiers as well.. Multiple orders.. never an issue yet)

I have found that all very high or 100% VG juices do NOT wick well in anything. Even after puching and bigger hole or slotting a carto in a tank.
I have managed to get some cartos soaked well, and working... But they need to be constantly topped off.

IMG_20120117_212621.jpg

IMG_20120119_184150.jpg

It seems 100% VG juices do very well when "dripping".. But I am personally not into dripping while I am out and about the town or at work.

Good Luck :)

Peace and God Bless

- Vin

Last edited:

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I feel your pain. I went through at least 10 different models to find what worked well for me. I currently use mostly the Ego styles. Finding the setup wasn't quite as frustrating as finding the right atomizer/cartomizer. I've had the best luck with the ce2 clearomizers for consistency, but I'm not sure I'd recommend them for someone just starting out as they take a bit of fiddling to really work well. However, improvements are being made all the time.

One new product that is getting rave reviews for good production, ease of use and consistency is the Vision Ego Stardust (some vendors use different names for it) I have some on order from Gotvapes and Virgin Vapor. If the reviews I've seen so far are any indication, I think this might be my holy grail after almost 3 years. I also picked up an Ego Booster so I can vary the voltage on my regular Ego batteries. I wanted the higher voltage experience without getting a whole new mod, batteries, chargers, etc.

Finding the right equipment might take a bit and for some, finding the right juice can take awhile too.

I do know it can be frustrating, but after you've been at it awhile, the little tweaks and maintenance that you need to do becomes pretty much 2nd nature. If you stick with it long enough, you'll lose your taste for cigarettes and just not want them anymore despite their ease of use.

Please don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you need to. There are plenty of helpful people here to guide you.

I'm not sure where you are located, but you might ask if there is a local retail store near you. Their prices can be somewhat higher at times, bit it helps to be able to get first hand instruction and be able to try a couple of different things.

Best of luck to you and keep vaping!!

Last edited:

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok...Ive looked at everything. I like the KGo options and ease for my somewhat limited knowledge. I have my shopping cart on Hoosier...I have basically copied and pasted it...(hopefully I wont get my post deleted!)

If I get all of the things below will I be set for awhile? Are they all compatable?

HEC001-PINK KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB
Price Each: $43.99
KGO Color Options: Pink
$43.99
HEC062 Boge 2.0ohm LR 510 cartomizers 5 pack
Price Each: $7.19
$14.38
HEC011-PNKKGB KGO batteries
Price Each: $17.99
KGO batteries: Pink Ego/KGO battery 1100mAh
$17.99
HEC019-PNKBBC KGO Cones Bigbore
Price Each: $3.39
KGO Cone Color: Pink BigBore
$3.39

HEC018-KGOARB KGO atomizers
Price Each: $5.49
Atomizers and cartridges: KGO 510 Atomizer Rubberized Black By SLB
$10.98
HEC012-KGOUSB USB Chargers
Price Each: $3.99
USB Chargers: KGO/EGO USB Charger w/wire
$3.99
HEC035-510PFU Prefilled 510 cartridges, round tip
Price Each: $0.30
Atomizers and cartridges: Pre-filled(USA Mix) 510 round cartridges 18mg
$3.00
HEC053-35DCT Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank Kit
Price Each: $9.99
Dual coil tank selection: 3.5ml Dual Coil Tank
$9.99
HEC056-35ADAP Adapter for Dual Coil Tanks
Price Each: $3.49
DCT adapters: Adapter for 3.5ml DCT
$3.49
HEC056-6ADAPT Adapter for Dual Coil Tanks
Price Each: $3.49
DCT adapters: Adapter for 6ml DCT +$0.40
$3.89
HEC053-6MLDCT Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank Kit
Dual coil tank selection: 6ml Dual Coil Tank +$1.00
$10.99
HEC009-CLRRED Smok tech Dual Coil Cartomizers for 510
Price Each: $1.79
Dual Coils: clear XL 1.25ohm w/logo
$8.95
HEC003-3ohmST Standard 3.0ohm single coil 510 Cartomizer.
Price Each: $6.99
3.0ohm carto color: Stainless Steel
$6.99
HEC036 5 pack of 1.7ohm single coil XL cartomizer, by Smok Tech
Price Each: $7.19
$7.19
HEC048-01DRIP Acrylic Big Belly Drip Tips
Price Each: $1.99
Big Belly Acrylic Drip Tips: 01
$3.98
HEC002-DRIP2 Colored Acrylic drip tips
Price Each: $1.99
Acrylic Drip Tips: 2
$1.99

Exhausting list, I know... But if I can feel a little less frustrated... definitely worth it. Thanks! Andrea

Cripes Andrea! That shopping list looks huge! And confusing to a newbee like me. I am trying to keep my apparatus down to the minimum number a bits and pieces. I really struggled with atomisers and carts and batteries (three things) so I find using cartomisers means I'm only using two things, the battery and the carto. I seem to have to keep things simple, otherwise I can't cope!:confused:

Wish you well with your new device....

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
Exhausting list, I know... But if I can feel a little less frustrated... definitely worth it. Thanks! Andrea

Everything looks good Momma .. But ,

You could probably do without for right now ( if you want to save some funds..) :

HEC018-KGOARB KGO atomizers
Price Each: $5.49
Atomizers and cartridges: KGO 510 Atomizer Rubberized Black By SLB
$10.98
( 2 or 3 come with your kit... Unless you plan on "dripping " alot.. you really may not need anymore of these.)

HEC035-510PFU Prefilled 510 cartridges, round tip
Price Each: $0.30
Atomizers and cartridges: Pre-filled(USA Mix) 510 round cartridges 18mg
$3.00

( These can be pretty yucky.. If you are going to start on the cartomizer bandwagon.. No need for these unless you are using an atomizer.. These are not needed for your cartomizers.)

HEC053-6MLDCT Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank Kit
Dual coil tank selection: 6ml Dual Coil Tank +$1.00
$10.99

( I personally like the 3.5 ml tanks.. I think the 6ml one would be great if you know you are going to stick with one flavor for a while.. But if you load a 6ml tank with something you dont like, then you have to try and drain the tank, change the punched carto inside and deal with a mess. .. The 3.5 ml tanks can last more then a whole day before you need to refill them.. depending on how much you vape.. But if you want a 6ml... GO FOR IT .. woot !LOL)

I have also found that with the 3.5v battery that come with the KgO , I enjoy the lower Resistance cartomizers and stuff...
IE: 1.25, 1.5, 1.7 ohm stuff. I seem to get better vapor, a nice consistant warm and rich flavor.. The higher resistance heating elements.. are more suited to higher voltage.. they will work on your KgO.. But may not produce the heat and vapor that the lower Res ones do on a 3.7v PV .. ( My limited experience here.. But Its working for me. )

What's been very good to me over the past few weeks.
Has been the 3.5 ml tank. with a 1.25ohm Carto inside on the KgO..

or

a 1.25ohm clearomizer on my KgO.. *these** ( you have them in your cart already)
HEC009-CLRRED Smok tech Dual Coil Cartomizers for 510
Price Each: $1.79
Dual Coils: clear XL 1.25ohm w/logo

They instantly heat , show you how much juice you got left.. and no mess or fuss, and several hours of vaping before a top-off of a few drops is needed.
( Im still loving the Vermillionriver Kentucky premium blend as my almost all day vape.... So much like a nice armotic pipe tobacco for me.. But tastes are subjective as we know.)

Your Drip tips... love em. The big belly ones you picked feel very nice when tooting. :)

I do use the stainless Cartos in 1.5 or 1.7 ohm on my KgO.. for trying juices out or an evening with a new unfamiliar juice.
No tank with them though.. The one 1.5 and 1.7 work well on the KgO and handle some 4.0- 4.25 volt power on my VV mod as well.
They are all Good to have around and disposable after a few fills.

Hey Andrea.. Glad I could be of any help you momma. :)
and anyone else who wants to drop the nasty analogs.

- Vin

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Vin, I simply cannot tell you how awesome you are for actually taking the time to go through that(loooooong) list.....I havent placed my order yet; I am on the verge. I am getting ready to finalize AFTER I check what I have against your recommendations.

Also, I am going to try the Vermillionriver Kentucky premium...my ADV has been Mountain Vapor's Turkish Blend...I havent yet been able to match Dennis' tobaccos(even all VG!). (I also like Dawns sweet coffee flavor from DIY Flavorshack...)

But really, I appreciate your time- you're my new hero!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread