New too this need help: I am wheezing real bad each time i vape....help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfly5

Feb 12, 2012
New York
Hello I am realy new to the world of e cigs, love the VOLT i bought and enjoy it think i can do this and never pick up a reg cig again, however I am wheezing real bad each time i use the e cig. I have done some research on this site and tried some stuff nothing is helping so far...
- changed cartos to refill myself
- went with 100%VG
- worked on tech for taking into lungs - bought from different vendors all within the US
- light color juice to dark tried both

I am at a loss and don't know if this is something that will pass or if I should just give up and go get some cigs...
I wheeze for about half hr after each time i use the e cig.
I have not ever had this happen with reg cigs its so strange and I don't know what to make of it I am realy healthy very active no allergies to food or insects nothing worse thing ever happened is child birth...lol.
I looking for anyone who might have had this happen to them and can share...

Thanks

dragonfly5

Feb 12, 2012
New York
I am currently vaping red oak line from jhonson creek and not any other symptoms. I stay away from the real dark juices. Thinking of buying some cartos to refill from a different company was just thinking that all the cartos i have used have come from one place smokelessimage where i got my VOLT so maybe they are a issue..worth a try.
Thanks for the input I am willing to try anything.

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
I am seriously encouraging you to ask suppliers if they use flavor additives such as malic or citric acids. It could be as simple as that. Not all juice makers do, try some one else's juice like Virgin Vapor who pride themselves on catering to specific issues. Find one who is responsive to the issues you are having. Many of them will be- I don't know Johnson Creek, maybe even they would be! Maybe start there?

mikeinbc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
Chilliwack, BC, CA
Hello I am realy new to the world of e cigs, love the VOLT i bought and enjoy it think i can do this and never pick up a reg cig again, however I am wheezing real bad each time i use the e cig. I have done some research on this site and tried some stuff nothing is helping so far...
- changed cartos to refill myself
- went with 100%VG
- worked on tech for taking into lungs - bought from different vendors all within the US
- light color juice to dark tried both

I am at a loss and don't know if this is something that will pass or if I should just give up and go get some cigs...
I wheeze for about half hr after each time i use the e cig.
I have not ever had this happen with reg cigs its so strange and I don't know what to make of it I am realy healthy very active no allergies to food or insects nothing worse thing ever happened is child birth...lol.
I looking for anyone who might have had this happen to them and can share...

Thanks

I had a problem with HIGH VG and dark juices. I solved my problem by DIY, moderation, and other tweaks. Here's what I did to eliminate my problems:

- Switched to CE2 Fluxos. I little mod to begin but great afterwards. No bad taste or fibers.
- Experimented with DIY and found good combo for me, 60/30/10 PG/VG/H20 (Distilled water)
- Stuck with natural clear flavors and at a 5-7% max. No other additives whatsoever.
- Moderated my usage to a maximum of 3.5 ml per day.

My problems were completely eliminated using these methods. Hopefully, some or all of these ideas will help others :)

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Have spent the day looking at posts like this as I have recently developed some problems since vaping myself and am looking for answers or others who may be having/had the exprience I did. I am just 13 days analog free, so some of my issues may be related to not smoking the real deal. However, two nights ago I was in such massive pain in my upper chest and upper back that I was unbelievably miserable. This lasted for almost 24 hours, and I did not vape or smoke at all while experiencing this horrific feeling. I do not want to quit vaping, as I really feel it much better for me than smoking and definately do not want to ever smoke another analog again. My plan at this time is to order some more juices in a variety of flavors, pg/vg mixes, etc. For what it's worth, I belive this reaction may be related to a flavor I was vaping that had cinnamon in it. I don't know for sure, but I have 12 different flavors from 2 vendors in my collection so far, and the flavor I was vaping (pretty heavily) prior to this problem was the only 1 with cinnamon flavor in it. Everything else about the liquids I have are pretty much the same, meaning they are all 12mg nic, and a mix of pg/vg... what other differences they may have I don't know. At this point my gut is telling me it has something to do with the cinnamon flavor, but IDK for sure. I am WAY too chicken doodie to try vaping more of that flavor at this point, because I do not ever care to have a reaction like that again.

jennifergib7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
60 mi E of Lex, KY
www.facebook.com
I've been vaping for approx. 3 years. I started with low voltage e-cigs and having no problem with the vg. I went to 5v mod and started the wheezing. I switched over to 5v rather quickly so it was hard to narrow down what was causing the wheezing, but I can tell you for me that it was the VG. I had purchased a higher mg juice so that I could weaken it (cheaper) with vg. I now order all of my juices strictly pg, and when I mix I only use 20%vg in the recipe. I was very discouraged thinking I may have to give up vaping. I was thankful to find out what was going on. I hope you can use this forum to help you. I was a heavy smoker (3 pk/day) for over 30 years. Today I feel SO much better. No cough, I can take the stairs for exercise, so many things. I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR E-CIGS!!

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Give yourself some time as well as listening to the diff. opinions/options offered here;29 yrsof analogs wont go away in a week!

Exactly what I was going to say. Everyone posting has great points but It would be a RARE case to get sicker from your nic juice compared to putting another death stick in your mouth and lighting it. I had symptoms for over a month after I started vaping. Did everything you mentioned and still had issues. It just takes time but it can def. be scary before you feel the results. All that crap for 29 yrs pumping in your body is gonna take some time to get rid of.

You'll get better soon :) Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I had a horrible and frightening reaction on night too. TERRIBLE pain in my chest and upper back. I was in such agony and gripped by such fear I couldn't even talk. I thought I was going to die! Anyway hubby helped me to bed, brought me a hot water bottle for my chest and back and some antihistamine (s?) pills which are very old, since I hadn't needed them, but I have them for allergic reactions, (I am allergic to some shellfish and some food coloring).

Anyway, I knew what the problem was. It was LorAnn orange cream flavoring that I had mixed in a juice that night. I was in terrible pain for hours, but finally it got less and I managed to fall asleep. I didn't vape the next day and threw out my new mixture and the orange cream. When I checked the little bottle of flavoring, I had used almost half!!! Don't know how the heck I did that! But lesson learned. Now I am much more careful and infect have been buying my juices again (as apposed to DIY).
Have spent the day looking at posts like this as I have recently developed some problems since vaping myself and am looking for answers or others who may be having/had the exprience I did. I am just 13 days analog free, so some of my issues may be related to not smoking the real deal. However, two nights ago I was in such massive pain in my upper chest and upper back that I was unbelievably miserable. This lasted for almost 24 hours, and I did not vape or smoke at all while experiencing this horrific feeling. I do not want to quit vaping, as I really feel it much better for me than smoking and definately do not want to ever smoke another analog again. My plan at this time is to order some more juices in a variety of flavors, pg/vg mixes, etc. For what it's worth, I belive this reaction may be related to a flavor I was vaping that had cinnamon in it. I don't know for sure, but I have 12 different flavors from 2 vendors in my collection so far, and the flavor I was vaping (pretty heavily) prior to this problem was the only 1 with cinnamon flavor in it. Everything else about the liquids I have are pretty much the same, meaning they are all 12mg nic, and a mix of pg/vg... what other differences they may have I don't know. At this point my gut is telling me it has something to do with the cinnamon flavor, but IDK for sure. I am WAY too chicken doodie to try vaping more of that flavor at this point, because I do not ever care to have a reaction like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread