Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
A fellow ECF member had to make me aware of this......... but Issac, thank you for taking out the trash! As of this time there are about 6 other ECF members that know exactly what I am talking about & we all thank you for saving the rest of the vaping community from the same heartache and trouble we learned first hand.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
Hmmm....I'm guessing you guys are talking about the .308 and 7mm since they are the only items I see missing from the Ikenvape site.I have both of them and once I put different springs with flat ends in both the switches they work great.No more cocked switches and they both hit every time now and give a great vape.I think trash might be a bit harsh,more like a handmade mod with a few unforeseen easily fixed issues.I hope the .50 cal will still be sold,that's the one I really want.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hmmm....I'm guessing you guys are talking about the .308 and 7mm since they are the only items I see missing from the Ikenvape site.I have both of them and once I put different springs with flat ends in both the switches they work great.No more cocked switches and they both hit every time now and give a great vape.I think trash might be a bit harsh,more like a handmade mod with a few unforeseen easily fixed issues.I hope the .50 cal will still be sold,that's the one I really want.

You know what they say, "one mans trash is another mans treasure". You can't please everyone and some just want something for nothing. Switcher is a stand up guy and I can't see him treating anyone bad.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I agree with 5c, one mans trash is another ones treasure. The decision to pull the Caliber line, be it Isaac's or Switcher's, is their business. Stop trying to start crap.

thm-no-drama.jpg

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hi Jenn,
This sub-forum has been getting kind of hostile lately. Not this thread in particular but a few of them. I take these as my fault for not being here as much I want to and need to.
I understand that your pretty enraged at the experience as are a couple of folks. Retaliation is/has been dealt in the form of reviews and word to mouth postings. What you said here is truly hurtful Jenn, I just want you to know that he did recognize the faults and is trying his best to rectify his mistakes for a better future for all of us. Switched has been aware of the defaults from a number of the products and a few customer interactions and has requested for his products to be pulled from the store and CC's IKV in emails for opinions based on customer service. His heart is in the right place and he really wants to advance very much. He does take offense to a number of things but keep in mind that he's making these units for the first time, all on a turning lathe, so each piece is done purely by hand and machine. It's as if his babies so to speak, but it's so difficult for one man to do it all, as in website developing, machining,and customer service Think back to GG days when they used to be made in this fashion, there was a wide range of mistakes, from defects in the products as in seizing threads, incompatible pieces to the same units and the worst CS in the world, not to mention they were all shipped in wrapped toilet paper :laugh: or even when I first getting started, we went through a HUGE list of different design concepts that looked pretty god awful, even shipping labels were just pieces of paper with clear tape holding them down on the exterior of packages and the inevitable phonecalls because my inventory management was atrocious or almost every contest I began had to be revised countless times over during. It's hard for one person to try to take on the world and the first few runs is almost failure on every step. What separates the difference on what makes the person is a matter of he or she gives up and walks away or they rise and try even harder to accomplish this feat which in turn can lead to greatness, popularity, love, passion, and all the piece of mind of knowing your doing a good job. The beginning stages for anyone is just so hard and the few that make a flawless introduction is the lucky. It's such a difficult task to try your hand at something new for the first time no matter what the age is and believe me, he just like all of us that lived through it is trying as hard as he can and hope you can see that using the mean words like above does really hurt people in their hearts.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hi Jenn,
This sub-forum has been getting kind of hostile lately. Not this thread in particular but a few of them. I take these as my fault for not being here as much I want to and need to.
I understand that your pretty enraged at the experience as are a couple of folks. Retaliation is/has been dealt in the form of reviews and word to mouth postings. What you said here is truly hurtful Jenn, I just want you to know that he did recognize the faults and is trying his best to rectify his mistakes for a better future for all of us. Switched has been aware of the defaults from a number of the products and a few customer interactions and has requested for his products to be pulled from the store and CC's IKV in emails for opinions based on customer service. His heart is in the right place and he really wants to advance very much. He does take offense to a number of things but keep in mind that he's making these units for the first time, all on a turning lathe, so each piece is done purely by hand and machine. It's as if his babies so to speak, but it's so difficult for one man to do it all, as in website developing, machining,and customer service Think back to GG days when they used to be made in this fashion, there was a wide range of mistakes, from defects in the products as in seizing threads, incompatible pieces to the same units and the worst CS in the world, not to mention they were all shipped in wrapped toilet paper :laugh: or even when I first getting started, we went through a HUGE list of different design concepts that looked pretty god awful, even shipping labels were just pieces of paper with clear tape holding them down on the exterior of packages and the inevitable phonecalls because my inventory management was atrocious or almost every contest I began had to be revised countless times over during. It's hard for one person to try to take on the world and the first few runs is almost failure on every step. What separates the difference on what makes the person is a matter of he or she gives up and walks away or they rise and try even harder to accomplish this feat which in turn can lead to greatness, popularity, love, passion, and all the piece of mind of knowing your doing a good job. The beginning stages for anyone is just so hard and the few that make a flawless introduction is the lucky. It's such a difficult task to try your hand at something new for the first time no matter what the age is and believe me, he just like all of us that lived through it is trying as hard as he can and hope you can see that using the mean words like above does really hurt people in their hearts.
What-he-said.jpg

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Not Now that the trash has been taken out so to speak or certain verbiage appointed to the proper receptacle...

Isaac and I have been in contact for the entire length, Isaac is not only a good friend he is a good mentor. At the end of the day I am not Isaac. Isaac is special and that is something folks need to appreciate vice taking advantage of. If you are looking for the same customer service from JRCT, then please look some place else.

Isaac has been taken on plenty of long rides with extreme costs associated with them. Most of you are not privy to this, and you shouldn't be, and therefore you will continue to remain in the dark with what goes on behind the scenes to show a great man.

What appals me the most, is the repetition in which a certain select few take advantage of a good hearted genuine man. When is enough, truely enough.

It is MMHO that folks these days like to take advantage of vendors, whether public or otherwise. I guess it comes with the territory. OTOH I established my business on the criteria and norm of many vendors we are accustomed to. CS is not defined in getting what you want, when you want it, it is doing what is right when the time requires it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread