New Vape Guy from Canada, We should start a movement get e cigs with nicotine legalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
As it happens, we do have something on the go. A trade organisation called ECTA (E-Cigarette Trade Association) has been formed and is currently working on laying down the groundwork for legitimizing E-cigs and nic juice in Canada by creating a set of standards by which manufacturers and juice makers will be expected to adhere, and which will be presented to Health Canada as a way to present a unified, regulated industry to the government in the hopes that we will be able to have a self-regulated market that can assure the safety and quality Health Canada wants to see.

We're still a ways off from seeing results from that, but it's happening, and we are pretty optimistic about its potential for success.

Welcome to the forum! Drop by the Canada forum and join the rest of us Canucks for more nation-specific help. :) (You might have to wait an hour or so before you can post there once you've reached your 5 posts -- which you have.)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
The ECTA sounds like a good thing, but I tend to agree with goodsport. Wouldn't the government just
want to classify these things under a blanket "nicotine product" and tax the ever loving begeezus out
of it like tobacco, alcohol, etc...? Is it worth it to push hard enough that the government decides to
take a cut? Just musing here...

As I understand it there are certain laws that are already in place that give ECTA a pretty big bargaining chip. I don't know what they are precisely and ECTA can't legally let any cats out of any bags yet, but in the coming months I think we'll be hearing a lot more about what's going on. The idea here though is that we don't want them regulated as a tobacco product as the FDA wants to do in the US. ECTA is trying to follow the same model set forth by the ECITA in the UK, which has been extremely successful in bringing regulations and compliance over there.

WebMistress89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2011
Canada
www.rhiannagreene.com
But the .... suckers will just tax the .... out of it, So if your resourceful ( do your due dilagence ) you'll figure out how to get nic in canada, I'm a web site designer, and im thinking of starting a few sites to help other Canadians out.

I am also a web designer... I order from the states lots never had a problem (make sure they know that it needs to be discreet) I ordered from canada too, They put aroma therapy oils on one of my order..

WebMistress89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2011
Canada
www.rhiannagreene.com
The ECTA sounds like a good thing, but I tend to agree with goodsport. Wouldn't the government just
want to classify these things under a blanket "nicotine product" and tax the ever loving begeezus out
of it like tobacco, alcohol, etc...? Is it worth it to push hard enough that the government decides to
take a cut? Just musing here...
To be honest i like it the way it is

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
That's what I was thinking. I mean, I can get the products I need right now,
even being in Canada... so if it ain't broke....

Although, it would be nice to see it widely accepted without the taxing.

It is broke though. Health Canada have shut down a few sites already -- most recently one of our biggest juice suppliers, Juicy Clear closed its doors at the end of last month, sadly. That's why we need ECTA, so we can have a properly flourishing E-cig industry here with vendors that can open up shop without fear of getting shut down.

AshlarTaltos

Feb 22, 2012
Canada
It is broke though. Health Canada have shut down a few sites already -- most recently one of our biggest juice suppliers, Juicy Clear closed its doors at the end of last month, sadly. That's why we need ECTA, so we can have a properly flourishing E-cig industry here with vendors that can open up shop without fear of getting shut down.

Ah, I see then. Being a relative newcomer to the whole Vaping scene, I wasn't aware that HC was
actively shutting down websites. Bunch O' Jerks if ya ask me. I stand corrected. How can we help/
send support to the ECTA?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Ah, I see then. Being a relative newcomer to the whole Vaping scene, I wasn't aware that HC was
actively shutting down websites. Bunch O' Jerks if ya ask me. I stand corrected. How can we help/
send support to the ECTA?

Yes, it's not a very tenuous situation here unfortunately.

Right now ECTA is still in the legally-required secretive phase of its operations and is presently formulating the regulations by which vendors will be expected to comply which they will then present to Health Canada. That's a ways off yet though so right now there's not a whole lot we can do to help. Once they're properly up and running and in full swing they may be open to things like donations or outside membership. But that it yet to be determined. Give it time, and I think we will see some big changes come down the pipe. The bottom line is that Health Canada will never stop vaping here in this country, and with each passing day more and more Canadians are turning on to vaping as a much healthier alternative to smoking, which just makes us a greater force to be reckoned with. Eventually, E-cigs will have to be legitimized here. The only question is how -- and that's where ECTA comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread