DCT mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mood

Feb 25, 2012
Mordor
Hello people of ECF land!

First I was going to find the parts for Persis' mod, but I was told those are custom made and not a common stuff you can buy anywhere. :(

Now I am thinking about to mod a Dual Cartomizer tank and I made this plan: picture

I know it is not 1:1 size, just my basic idea based on watching videos. Any comment is welcome, would it work or not?
And I don't know what to use to cover the top? I would need an easly accessible and cheap solution.

One more question - Is the scubagen design better with the U shaped wick?

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Now I am thinking about to mod a Dual Cartomizer Tank and I made this plan: picture

I know it is not 1:1 size, just my basic idea based on watching videos. Any comment is welcome, would it work or not?
And I don't know what to use to cover the top? I would need an easly accessible and cheap solution.

One more question - Is the scubagen design better with the U shaped wick?

Look at this thread, plenty of good ideas and explanations.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/243494-my-cheap-version-line.html

Is the scubagen design better with the U shaped wick?
No.

Actually your tank approach could be simplified immensely.

First gut a steel carto, pull the center post and solder on a piece of insulated wire that will stick out the top.

Cut down the tank tubing so the carto will extend past the top cap by ~6mm or so. Drill a small hole in the exposed carto shell for a small screw. That will be your negative. The positive is obviously the wire you previously soldered to the center post. You then just need to drill your top cap for the wick, 2-2.3mm. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to make a cap/drip tip assembly. That is where you will drill an air inlet (in the side) even with or just under the actual coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread