Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Of coarse it's a marketing tool. I just hope it puts pressure on other companies to list their ingredients.
It certainly wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't hurt the juice seller either...like I said, win-win!
I do hate it though that some of the worst companies are coming out w/ stuff and touting it as if they're on the cutting edge and being transparent for their customers and the gov.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Whoever wrote the advert is a little unsophisticated, which may be one reason they didn't notice that the ingredient list is anomalous in a couple of respects.

Such a high percentage of alcohol in e-liquid is not normally seen except where the result has been affected by poor laboratory procedure. I'm not sure what the result of inhaling 10% ethyl alcohol (ethanol) would be - but I do know that 1% methyl alcohol (methanol) is not a good thing, it's a toxic contaminant and as soon as I saw that in an analysis I'd be on to the liquid manufacturer to remove it immediately.

On the other hand, contamination of results with alcohols is a possibility with a badly-run lab, as alcohol is used to flush out the e-liquid from cartridges for measurement by GC-MS. The alcohol then needs to be removed from the results as it was introduced by the lab.

All this ingredient list shows is that somebody is not in control of the e-liquid ingredient profile, they need a chemist there. Advertising your liquid contains methanol is very strange (methyl alcohol or wood alcohol is a poison and causes blindness if consumed in quantity). Describing it as, "100% safe ingredients" just shows that whoever wrote that doesn't have a clue and is certainly in no position to define anything as safe or not. A 15 year old basic level chemistry student at school would be able to tell them that consumption of wood alcohol is not a great marketing tool.

Anyway, this advert was put out by one of those ecig review sites that are marvels of independent, accurate information. It might have no bearing at all on what ingredients White Cloud actually have. Hopefully, from the point of view of White Cloud users, it is a fabrication or the lab analysis is totally messed up.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
there was obviously poor editing involved. White Cloud's website lists that particular ingredient as 1% Menthol,

Agreed, its an error. Should read menthol, not methanol. Bad bad mistake.

Used to be juices had all the ingredients listed on the bottles by many vendors. Now not so much, probably because they realized they are not required to. Glad this is coming back, although I agree WC is of questionable repute given their website. Also, this list is NOT a GC-MS analysis, its just a list of what they add, and speaks nothing about the purity of the ingredients (PG often has various poly-glycols in it as seen in GC-MS), or contaminants. But it is better than no info.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I wouldn't trust White Cloud to be honest about their ingredients, much less anything, since they charge $350 for 3 KR808s and 5 cartos, with slick marketing to boot. Talk about taking advantage of people - they specifically target new e-cig users who don't know anything about them yet.

I look at any company very skeptically that does things like that, and even if White Cloud's ingredient listing is correct, I certainly don't want them speaking for or being an example for the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread