Let's see your tanks on the Holy Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Any one else care to share. Good quality pic or just a phone shoot, let's see 'em.

Here's my first two tanks. The red is a M1A1, & the other is a SS DCT Map in polished. Both tanks are great on the provari. No leaks & both of the I can literally hold from the tank & shake it (installed on the pv of course) & get no slippage what so ever. Big plus to me. Both built solid.

I included to picks of each. One becouse they are just phone pictures, but two to try & show the black satin finish. Pics don't do it justice. At least me picks. The finish doesn't hold any prints or smears. Even if you get a little juice on it you really can't tell. It really does look good. I get a lot of comments on it.
flash2 (1) (Medium).jpg noflash2 (2) (Medium).jpg
flash1 (Medium).jpg noflash1 (Medium).jpg

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
That provari looks so small under the towering cat. I hope he shares w/you!

On the black one, how did you get it to seal so tight against the provari? I'm looking for a good rugged tank setup.

It's actually a stainless dctmap I got from clouds of vapor. I just has a smoketech duel with no base on the carto. I just punch them myself. Hard to see in the pic but there is a little space in between. As far as a rugged tank both the M1A1 & the ss dct map are pretty darn rugged. Like I said before you can literally pick the provari up from the tanks a shake without any slippage & I don't get any leakage from either. I'd carry both in my pocket. Both have there pluses. The M1A1 has the uncrackable tube & you can change from 1" to 1.5" really easily. Plus the filler hole is really convenient. The SS dct map is all around nice & very, very solid. I'm really impressed with it. Very tight fit, & the finish is spot less.

I was about to order a tank from big daddy vapor's but at the time they where in between credit card services. Probable still going to order one soon. Those satin who's your daddy tanks, like DRLyman posted, are growing on me. Also, hear great things about the cartomator's but couldn't find one with the grey tank anywhere.

Love seeing the tanks on the provari's. Also just love seeing the provari's period.

Those actv4 are awesome.

I'm waiting on a Z-atty-pro so don't want to go to crazy.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Looks sweet but you is ready for da REFILL :)

Indeed! Actually had chocolate liqueur in there in that pic, but wanted something else so was just trying to finish it off! Currently have my go to, vanilla mint in there but it's a new bottle and needs to steep. Not sure what to put in there next. So many choices, so few tanks. Just one in fact!

Carbon

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
You guys.. I need help still with a tank.. I had bad luck with the j tank, I gotta send it back for a replacement which is ridiculous. I have to drive to the dreaded and spend more money? But I digress.

Anyways what would be a good starter tank for a newbie where the carto actually fits through the holes? I'd really like one with like a flexible rubber better than an o ring to hold the carto without leaking.

heavyMGS

Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Lincoln
You guys.. I need help still with a tank.. I had bad luck with the j tank, I gotta send it back for a replacement which is ridiculous. I have to drive to the dreaded and spend more money? But I digress.

Anyways what would be a good starter tank for a newbie where the carto actually fits through the holes? I'd really like one with like a flexible rubber better than an o ring to hold the carto without leaking.

So the carto really doesn't fit?
I've tried a few different tanks and just got another one in the mail today because they don't leak on me.

Its kind if a bear getting the top cap on the carto, but it should fit and zero leaky.

I'm kinda new to tanks myself, but so far, the Jtankis is where its at for me.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
So the carto really doesn't fit?
I've tried a few different tanks and just got another one in the mail today because they don't leak on me.

Its kind if a bear getting the top cap on the carto, but it should fit and zero leaky.

I'm kinda new to tanks myself, but so far, the Jtankis is where its at for me.

Man you should of seen me last night, I'm 6' 200 lbs trying to get it in there with all my might. I used a drip tip, even used vegetable oil instead of juice one time as a last resort. I knew it shouldn't be that hard. Imagine an older person trying. No it shouldnt be that hard. I'd rather stick with constantly refiling cartos. Ha.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
If it's rubber you're looking for, momandpop's tanks have rubber grommets for a grip-of-death - or, so I've been told. That might work out perfectly for you.

Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

Hey that price point can't be beat. I like the deal they have on there, where you fill it from that little hole. Maybe I should pull the trigger on that one :) Thanks man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread