My first VV the Lava Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my experience with my first VV mod, the Lava Tube from Volcano.
I have been vaping on this thing since I got it about a week ago, and this thing is amazing!! I was at first thinking it was going to be huge, but when I actually received it I was surprised that it was only the size of a mini mag light.
I noticed that the juices I have been vaping on the Inferno tastes different when vaped at different volts. The juices I never really liked now taste good!!
I also thought that the unit looked fragile but when you actually hold it in your hand, you can feel that it is a very sturdy device (maybe not as tough as the roughstack or the silver bullet) and it has a very comfortable weight to it with the battery inside. I also thought the small +/- and power buttons were going to be hard to use but it actually is very easy to press, unless of course you have big stubby fingers. And my most favorite part, the clicky activation button.

Overall I love my Lava Tube and was glad I got it.

MeowMix

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Florida
I have a Magenta Lavatube I bought from Volcano. The device is very well made and works wonderfully, but unfortunatly it has way to much power for me and isn't practical carrying around. I also didn't care for the new carto's they are now selling for the Tube Tanks. I liked the original carto's that came with the Tube Tank much better. Will be looking to swap out my Lavatube soon, lol.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
I have a Magenta Lavatube I bought from Volcano. The device is very well made and works wonderfully, but unfortunatly it has way to much power for me and isn't practical carrying around. I also didn't care for the new carto's they are now selling for the Tube Tanks. I liked the original carto's that came with the Tube Tank much better. Will be looking to swap out my Lavatube soon, lol.

MeowMix, no wonder the name sounded familiar, don't know if I'm allowed to post this here but your also on the Volcano forums with the same name right? I saw it on the trade winds thread. So did anybody reply to you yet?

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
You could basically use any cartomizers on it, however since it does have a limiter (I'm not sure if that's what it's called) when using low res. Since it is a variable voltage device, I recommend you use high res cartomizers anywhere from 3.0 ohms and up in order to experience vaping at 5 & 6 volts. I have never used any cartomizers above 3.0 ohms, but there are some I have seen online. I found that my sweet spot is somewhere around 4.2 ~ 4.5 volts, but also depends on what flavor I'm vaping. I also found that juices you didn't like, you might like them at higher voltages!! So far loving the Lava Tube and is my go to mod at home.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Hi there Samurai, Yep, same name as on Volcano. :)

I did finally end up trading my Lavatube, I was very surprised nobody on the Volcano Forums were interested in it.

I go by "Samurai Vaper" on the Volcano forums. Good to hear you found someone to trade with. See you on the Volcano forums too!!!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I love my LT but find it sorta big to carry around, so I'm gonna try the mini LT, does anyone have one of these? Are these easier to carry when out and about?:confused:

I just got one...my first vv, and I love it! I'll be getting a full size as well though because the down side of the mini is battery life. I have kgos and a go-go, and they outlast the mini by far. a bit disappointed in that, but I just bought lots of batteries to compensate ;)

It's well built, yet lightweight and great as an on the go pv!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
No, but then I probably need to read a bit more about its use and the batteries. They (batteries) come off the charger at 4.1, and I read somewhere that you shouldn't spend them but recharge around 3.5 so that's what I've been doing. Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but most of my cartos are LR lol! Need to do some shopping and reading ;) I'm super glad I bought it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread