2 months + and spending money like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
LOL Everyone thinks that since I don't buy cigarettes anymore that I'm saving all kinds of cash. NOT! It takes a while to settle in to what works best for you and so far the Halo G6 is my goto for when I'm out fishing or running in and out of places. At home I've settled in with the iGo (6 units for all the flavors I like) which is cool cause its based on the G6 808 threads and has similar vaping characteristics. Today I ordered a bunch of the iGo clear cartos. I hope they are better than the other clearomizers I've tried. they all tasted funny or got fluids in my mouth or were harsh. I won't name names but there was more than a couple tried.

Anyway I can't believe how easy it was to quit (It's been over 2 1/2 months now), with a good e cig, after trying all kinds of crap from the doctor for over 30 years and a few gas station e cigs that just didn't satisfy me. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea. I am breathing better than ever but gaining weight :( like crazy too.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
LOL Everyone thinks that since I don't buy cigarettes anymore that I'm saving all kinds of cash. NOT! It takes a while to settle in to what works best for you and so far the Halo G6 is my goto for when I'm out fishing or running in and out of places. At home I've settled in with the iGo (6 units for all the flavors I like) which is cool cause its based on the G6 808 threads and has similar vaping characteristics. Today I ordered a bunch of the iGo clear cartos. I hope they are better than the other clearomizers I've tried. they all tasted funny or got fluids in my mouth or were harsh. I won't name names but there was more than a couple tried.

Anyway I can't believe how easy it was to quit (It's been over 2 1/2 months now), with a good e cig, after trying all kinds of crap from the doctor for over 30 years and a few gas station e cigs that just didn't satisfy me. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea. I am breathing better than ever but gaining weight :( like crazy too.

I personally found if I drink about 8oz of water every hour or so my food intake dropped. Once I found myself taking longer and longer vape sessions and not drinking enough water I noticed my food intake starting to climb.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
I haven't had the weight gain problems but with the cost of cigarettes these days I am actuallly saveing money from my carton a Weekly habit even spending 200 on my last pv.

3 mod starter kits in, 30+ cartomizers, and 2 50ml and 1 100ml juice in 3 months and I have spent about $50 less then what I spent just 1 month on analogs.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Try to keep an eye on your finances but reallize that your life and health are priceless! Some people spend their money on new golf clubs or collecting baseball cards. I'm allowing myself (for a short period of time, at least) to enjoy my hobby. Have Fun and Be Healthy... nothing wrong w/ that.

Welcome and congrats on your success in quitting the analogs!

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
3 mod starter kits in, 30+ cartomizers, and 2 50ml and 1 100ml juice in 3 months and I have spent about $50 less then what I spent just 1 month on analogs.
That is AWSOME! Still saving cash! I have been buying my cartos at Vaporbeast because they have the best prices and free shipping! Also Madvapes juice 50 mls of juice for under 9 bucks!

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
Oh, I'm enjoying this for now. The cash savings will come when the thrill of buying new stuff wears. I've bought a lot of juice and so far like the Halo juices best. The weight will come off when it warms up and life will be good!

I gave my son a few batteries and some cartos and he is down to just a few cigs a day at most and going without some days. He says he prefers the e cigs overall but isn't ready to pull the trigger on quitting. I didn't plan on quitting either when I got my first good kit from Halo. It just happened and wasn't stressful at all.

trepalium

I'm a Panda
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
hoosiervapers.com
I think you'll find that once you get into buying blank cartos and making your own e-liquid, cost will drop drastically. I spend about $25-30 for supplies every two-three months and I vape regularly. I also have to buy new blanks maybe once every two weeks. So add another $15-20 a month. It's not bad. Considering I was a half a pack smoke to a full pack a day at about $5-6 each, so it does save money. Plus I love the fact that I can vape at my desk in the office. It's handy.

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
I was smoking Little cigars and they were only 13-20 bucks a carton but I was smoking 2-3 packs a day. I can see where if I'd been smoking 50 buck a carton Marlboros that my cost would have been higher and that I'd actually be saving money now. I didn't do it for the money though. I quit simply because I like vaping better. money had nothing to do with it.

I have a very expensive boating and Walleye fishing habit, I'm also a sucker for every new electronic toy that comes out. This is nothing in comparison.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Once you get on the Vape Pipe it takes over your life!
Haunting the mail delivery, waiting, searching for that perfect, cloud filled and delicous vape...:vapor:
Ooooh!, someone said the Ferrari Turbo Vape-o-matic with nuclear carts and plasma fed tank will
get a better vape! Where's my Credit Card! What site was that?!?!
I'm so ashamed:D

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
I was smoking Little cigars and they were only 13-20 bucks a carton but I was smoking 2-3 packs a day. I can see where if I'd been smoking 50 buck a carton Marlboros that my cost would have been higher and that I'd actually be saving money now. I didn't do it for the money though. I quit simply because I like vaping better. money had nothing to do with it.

I have a very expensive boating and Walleye fishing habit, I'm also a sucker for every new electronic toy that comes out. This is nothing in comparison.

Sadly the money wasn't even my main reason for giving it up (I say sadly because a $200+ habbit for somethin so unhealthy is kind of hard to take in once you notice it). I am saving money but when I was a smoker and paying in Tobacco country here in North Carolina $60 on a carton of American Spirit at least a week I never even considered it was a lot of money. I ended up quitting for the health benefits and also to get away from the "OMG I must get to my location quick so I can go smoke a cig since I don't smoke in the car or can't smoke in the bar"

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

I can justify some of the expense as I was smoking Marlboros. I have spent *ahem* "some" money on vaping, but I am still ahead. Not nearly as ahead as my signature counter would lead you to believe, though.

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
The one thing I don't like is not knowing how much juice I have left in the cartos and constantly adding a few drips is a pain in the Keister. That's the reason for the bigger iGo's and the search for a decent clearomizer. I've got up to 8 different vapes going at once and there's no way to keep track. I either wait too long or refill too soon and cause overflows. Common sense says to cut back to 2 different flavors but I'm enjoying hitting a menthol, tobacco or fruit flavor randomly.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Took me 'bout six months to break even after sampling the 'candy store'. Now... phifff... piece o' cake... Oh, wait... is that a new wireless VV rechargeable, 60ml multi-flav rotary auto-feed magazine with the DeltaTeam vapor suppressor system...
drool.gif

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
The one thing I don't like is not knowing how much juice I have left in the cartos and constantly adding a few drips is a pain in the Keister. That's the reason for the bigger iGo's and the search for a decent clearomizer. I've got up to 8 different vapes going at once and there's no way to keep track. I either wait too long or refill too soon and cause overflows. Common sense says to cut back to 2 different flavors but I'm enjoying hitting a menthol, tobacco or fruit flavor randomly.

I agree just stumbled across these tonight CE3 XL Clearomizers and currently doing some research on them.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I agree just stumbled across these tonight CE3 XL Clearomizers and currently doing some research on them.

You should give boge lr or sr cartomizers a try if you havent already. In my time vaping i dont think i could have done it without them. Luckily when i started it was one of the first things recomended by everyone that i try. Since then iv tried sooooo many cartos and still havent found anything as good as the boges . They just never fail to work in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread