ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
DIY Kits for newbs :)
Who has them?
Are they worth it?
and
Who has the best price and/or most for the right price?

So I am leaning towards DIY as you can tell LOL Why? Because Ima a juice junkie ;) But really if what I hear is true it is definitely worth it. I do plan to make my own and also still buy my fav juices from my fav vendors. I just need a way to save as much cash as I ca as are we all.
Now I have only seen 2 DIY Kits myself from a few vendors but if there are more out there I would love to know. Or if there is a better solution then getting a Kit that would also be a plus.
Thanks all and as always I appreciate the help in advance :D :vapor:

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
My minimal requirements:

nic
VG
PG
flavors
e-Juice Me up calculator
20ml syringe
5ml syringe
1ml syringe
30ml bottles
5ml bottles (for test samples)
120ml bottle (for bulk base)
100ml graduated glass cylinder (for bulk base mixing)

Of course I have more DIY equipment
doh.gif
, but the list is what I actually use 98% of the time.

I mix 100ml of base (nic/PG/VG) and put that into a 120ml bottle that has a flip-top cap. I use 5ml bottles for test samples. Most of my mixes are 30ml, sometimes 60ml. Note that I do not use needles, pipettes or funnels; no need fer 'em.

Ya don't have to spend a fortune buying kits that have items ya probably won't use.

If you'd like, I can send ya 120ml each of PG and VG, plus a couple of 20ml syringes (sans needles) to 'seed' your new venture. PM if interested.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
My minimal requirements:

nic
VG
PG
flavors
e-Juice Me up calculator
20ml syringe
5ml syringe
1ml syringe
30ml bottles
5ml bottles (for test samples)
120ml bottle (for bulk base)
100ml graduated glass cylinder (for bulk base mixing)

Of course I have more DIY equipment
doh.gif
, but the list is what I actually use 98% of the time.

I mix 100ml of base (nic/PG/VG) and put that into a 120ml bottle that has a flip-top cap. I use 5ml bottles for test samples. Most of my mixes are 30ml, sometimes 60ml. Note that I do not use needles, pipettes or funnels; no need fer 'em.

Ya don't have to spend a fortune buying kits that have items ya probably won't use.

If you'd like, I can send ya 120ml each of PG and VG, plus a couple of 20ml syringes (sans needles) to 'seed' your new venture. PM if interested.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Great advice here, the only info I would add. Buy more bottles (double) than you think you need and 14 gauge needles if working with VG, 16 gauge for PG

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
Kits tend to be overpriced and from what I understand the flavorings are just so so. I used ecigexpress for pg/vg, nic juice and flavorings. I got the tasty puff flavoring and they were ok but I think I'll be using the lorann flavorings from now on. They are super strong and they will last you a lot longer. Other than that all you need is a couple of syringes and dropper bottles.

Last edited:

izdalion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Rhode Island
Note: My mix right now is 70PG/30VG at 18mg on premixed and I am very accustomed to that.
With that said when buying nic I am better off going at a higher nic level and cutting it, Right? Because as I understand it the higher the nic the more you get out of the bottle after cutting for a base.
Do I go VG nic or PG Nic?
I was leaning towards PG nic because it would cut the VG but not sure :unsure:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
The type of nic base used is a personal preference but generally if your finished liquid ratio is higher in pg use a pg nic base, if your finished liquid ratio is higher in vg use a vg nic base.

eta: Sometimes high nic base (100) is cheaper and sometimes 48 or 60 is, just depends on the supplier. Remember when cutting nic base you also need to buy pg or vg.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
DIY kits are an ok way to get you started. But as you get into it, you will find that many of the supplies can be found cheaper elsewhere, even locally. You can buy VG at Wal Mart, VG at Tractor Supply stores, as well as syringes and needles, in some states. The only things I need to buy on line is the nic liquid and flavorings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread