Status
Not open for further replies.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I have a solution for the folks that get tired of their daily PV and think they need to upgrade.

Recently, after an unfortunate accident with my Sabre Touch going for a long walk off a short pier, I purchased a cheapo disposable at a cig shop to puff on while my batts charged for my backup VV box. Never have I been so happy to return to a decent PV than when those batteries finally charged.

Good grief, I tried various disposables during that time...all complete CRAP IMHO!! No TH, taste was horrid, no lung hit, lasted about 4 hours, complete and total garbage!!

So, the obvious solution here is go down and grab the cheapest disposable you can lay your hands on. It'll make you cherish your daily driver again!

I sure hope none of us are recommending that junk to analoggers as a way to see if vaping is a viable alternative for them. I guarantee you they'd turn me off of vaping for sure!

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I talked to my sister in law the other day, who is back on analogs after using 510s for a while and not being happy with them. (I know they are not disposables but pretty darn close in my opinion). So i have on order for her an Ego passthrough (I have a LT but i still use my Ego passthrough every day also), and i am gonna mod some clearos for her and toss in some Boge cartos so she can decide what she likes, type out some instructions (since she has never used anything but cartridges -- ick), and HOPEFULLY she will find them much more satisfying than those others -- i know i did!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
We had gotten some into the store that I used to work at and I used one all day to see how long they last. It said 300 puffs, but the most I got was 250 (yes, I hatchmarked every puff to count) not including small primer puffs. The taste left a lot to be desired though.

I was happy to get back to my regular setup too.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
You know, I know a guy who completely kicked smokes to the curb with disposables. I guess they don't taste so bad when you're freshly quit.

There's a soft spot in my heart for the disposable M402 I paid like $20 for, long ago and far away. It got me here.

When hesitating to recommend one to a smoker, bear in mind their perspective; the flavor of even a disposable ain't so bad when transitioning from cigarettes.

Perhaps, but I think there has GOT to be something better to start noobs off with. My first was a cig shop rechargeable. Cost less than $20 out the door. It was a LOT better than any of the disposables I tried.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I talked to my sister in law the other day, who is back on analogs after using 510s for a while and not being happy with them. (I know they are not disposables but pretty darn close in my opinion). So i have on order for her an Ego passthrough (I have a LT but i still use my Ego passthrough every day also), and i am gonna mod some clearos for her and toss in some Boge cartos so she can decide what she likes, type out some instructions (since she has never used anything but cartridges -- ick), and HOPEFULLY she will find them much more satisfying than those others -- i know i did!

You're a good person for doing that for your sister in law. May karma repay you ten-fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread