Cover Your Hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet_Afton

Apr 10, 2008
In the past few weeks I have been experimenting with covering the hole on the atomiser when dragging.

I usually start with the e cig by putting my finger over the hole and sucking in hard.Then i take my finger off the hole.
With new e liquid loaded this usually produces a lot of vapour, so much so that your throat can hurt.The atomiser seems to super heat and my e cig led light warns I have inhaled too much.

Sometimes you will get no vapour and sometimes the vapour can smell bad.

You can experiment too by tapping on the hole with your finger as you inhale and seeing if that works well.

Anyone else tried this technique?

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
I made a video a few weeks ago on just this very subject.
Will post the video again for anyone who missed it.
You can only do this if your atomiser has more than 1 hole.

YouTube - electronic cigarette super mini

Thanks for that tip.I thought that was the case as the atomiser seems to heat up
an awful lot when you do it.I find it good to do once or twice to get things going.

Cheers!

zaphod

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
What I do is not to block the hole on my dse901 for a long time but instead tap it a few times. This way I block it for a fraction of the second a few times and not letting the heater to get very hot. The efect tough is huge. I get much better smoke amounts!
and its not getting hot.
Also this method allows me to smoke with a weak battery. Without doing this I found that I can use the batteries for a very short time before they stop making good smoke. With this I can make most of the battery's charge :)

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
I have also tried this .... and it works with the DSE901 .... But my point on the video " Which mabey i didnt say was" .... The Super Mini has 2 holes ...A bit like a silkcut has lots of holes :)
I just tried covering 1 hole .... You cant do that on the DSE901 because it only has 1 hole :thumb:

What I do is not to block the hole on my dse901 for a long time but instead tap it a few times. This way I block it for a fraction of the second a few times and not letting the heater to get very hot. The efect tough is huge. I get much better smoke amounts!
and its not getting hot.
Also this method allows me to smoke with a weak battery. Without doing this I found that I can use the batteries for a very short time before they stop making good smoke. With this I can make most of the battery's charge :)

zaphod

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I have also tried this .... and it works with the DSE901 .... But my point on the video " Which mabey i didnt say was" .... The Super Mini has 2 holes ...A bit like a silkcut has lots of holes :)
I just tried covering 1 hole .... You cant do that on the DSE901 because it only has 1 hole :thumb:

Ohh I've seen it but Im talking in general. I find dse901 smoke not very satisfying except when used with fresh battery and new cartrige... I thing this technology has yet a lot to achieve ... there are a hell lot of small annoyances ....

P.S. By the way u have great accent.. reminds me Dr. Beckett from Stargate Atlantis ... very nice... where are u from?

Somoney

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
USA
I do this also some times. I'll cover the hole, only giving enough suction to turn the battery on for about 1-2 seconds, then ill take my finger off the hole to continue the hit. This is another way to get your atomizer heated up faster. I dont do this all the time because I'm affraid Ill ruin the pressure switch on my battery.

I've also taken a hit from the breather hole directly. Its a dryer type of hit as it draws your vapor directly from the atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread