A statement from the president of blu cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Mar 5, 2012
United States
I think that he focuses too much on the conspiracy theory aspect of the opposition. I think allot of the anit-ecig stuff that is being put out there stems mainly from complete ignorance of the product. if the ecig lobby really wants this to change they need to publish independent studies showing the safety of e-cigarettes and the heath benefits from their use. To simply say that "big tobacco" out to get us is kind of a cop out. Do a you-tube search for the health benefits of vaping and most are low quality interviews with some unnamed doctor or thinly veiled product commercials. Lets get some credible evidence and then we can throw that in the face of whomever tries to challenge it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think that he focuses too much on the conspiracy theory aspect of the opposition.
Might want to read these...
New York Times: A Tool to Quit Smoking Has Some Unlikely Critics
Forbes: How Health Regulators Are Killing American Smokers

Lets get some credible evidence and then we can throw that in the face of whomever tries to challenge it.
If you're specifically referring to Blu, they use Johnson Creek juice...
http://www.casaa.org/uploads/Johnson_Creek_Lab.pdf

Last edited:

woodsy

Mar 5, 2012
United States

Right. Those first two articles are exactly what I was referring to. Health legislators are completely ignorant to vaping as a whole and just lump it in with tobacco. It is not that big tobacco is out to get us it is that these people do not see a difference. I thought the juice study was a good read but anyone on the against side of the argument are going to see that the funding came from the source of the product. Any positive result will immediately be suspect even if the lab is independent. I think a credible heath organization needs to step up and do there own investigation and throw their stamp of approval on these things. It is a no brainier that anyone who knows anything about them can clearly see the benefit over an analog cigarette but until someone the public "trusts" steps up and say it they will just continue to believe that the only difference between e-cigarettes and cigarettes is the "e".

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The majority of testing is done or funded by those making a product. This is the way of the world, at least until some altruistic organization shows up with a bottomless bank account. The people/company making the product conducts/funds tests/studies and the results are submitted to the appropriate governmental agency for review.

I can understand the "but they did/paid for the study" mentality; but only those who will profit from such efforts have any incentive to pay out the, some times, millions of dollars needed to conduct such research.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Right. Those first two articles are exactly what I was referring to. Health legislators are completely ignorant to vaping as a whole and just lump it in with tobacco. It is not that big tobacco is out to get us it is that these people do not see a difference. I thought the juice study was a good read but anyone on the against side of the argument are going to see that the funding came from the source of the product. Any positive result will immediately be suspect even if the lab is independent. I think a credible heath organization needs to step up and do there own investigation and throw their stamp of approval on these things. It is a no brainier that anyone who knows anything about them can clearly see the benefit over an analog cigarette but until someone the public "trusts" steps up and say it they will just continue to believe that the only difference between e-cigarettes and cigarettes is the "e".

You mean like the American Cancer Society that depends on pharmaceutical companies for much of their financial support? Not likely to happen. All the "creditible health organizations" have their own agendas that would make positive news about e-cigarettes problematic for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread